Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Towards A Noise Management Bill In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards A Noise Management Bill In Nigeria (577 Views)

Withdraw Waterway Management Bill - Dickson Tells Buhari / Why Nigeria Should Pass Technology Management Bill / APC Blasts Charly Boy: Buhari Will Never Resign, Stop Making Senseless Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Towards A Noise Management Bill In Nigeria by kaybams1(m): 6:46am On Jan 16, 2017
I don't know if it's just me that have noticed the habit of unnecessary noise making in this country. We just have this flair for polluting everywhere with vocal garbage. If you are not being screamed at by 'Agberos' demanding for money or calling bus stops, you will surely hear the blaring horns of drivers that most times does it for the fun of it.

The one that shortens life most is even this loud external speakers of religious institutions. The mosque behind my house wakes me up (whether I like it or not) around 4 a.m. I won't even have much issues if they just call for prayer using the speaker and afterwards use internal mic to conduct their service. But they just won't. From that time you MUST be made to listen to everything!.

As if that isn't enough, Christian preachers too will wake you up at their will demanding repentance from you. For crying out loud we are meant to be homo sapiens not primitive apes. If you have a message, direct it to whom it concerns, not disturbing the peace and decorum of others. It's really no coincidence these sort of anomaly is absent among the whites. An average white man prefers an environment of decorum. You can't just be placing speakers anywhere and screaming your beliefs down everyone's ears.

The hope is someday Government will look into this. Noise pollution on its own it's a health hazard. It's hard enough to be living in a country with so much hardship, adding noise pollution to it is just unbearable. #Nuffsaid
Re: Towards A Noise Management Bill In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2017
kaybams1:
I don't know if it's just me that have noticed the habit of unnecessary noise making in this country. We just have this flair for polluting everywhere with vocal garbage. If you are not being screamed at by 'Agberos' demanding for money or calling bus stops, you will surely hear the blaring horns of drivers that most times does it for the fun of it.

The one that shortens life most is even this loud external speakers of religious institutions. The mosque behind my house wakes me up (whether I like it or not) around 4 a.m. I won't even have much issues if they just call for prayer using the speaker and afterwards use internal mic to conduct their service. But they just won't. From that time you MUST be made to listen to everything!.

As if that isn't enough, Christian preachers too will wake you up at their will demanding repentance from you. For crying out loud we are meant to be homo sapiens not primitive apes. If you have a message, direct it to whom it concerns, not disturbing the peace and decorum of others. It's really no coincidence these sort of anomaly is absent among the whites. An average white man prefers an environment of decorum. You can't just be placing speakers anywhere and screaming your beliefs down everyone's ears.

The hope is someday Government will look into this. Noise pollution on its own it's a health hazard. It's hard enough to be living in a country with so much hardship, adding noise pollution to it is just unbearable. #Nuffsaid
Hi. Could you send me your email address instead, the one I used for this account is no more functional.
Re: Towards A Noise Management Bill In Nigeria by Caseless: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
I support this bill.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of BBOG Convener Oby Ezekwesili And Her Twin Boys / Nigerian Fighter Jet Drops Bombs In Borno IDP Camp, Many Feared Dead / Where Is Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.