Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

"I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister (747 Views)

Jerusalem: ''I Am Willing To Take A Bullet For Donald Trump'' - Reno Omokri / Soldiers Trying To Enter Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos, Video) / White Man Arrested In Sambisa Forest!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by OneNigeria001: 7:43am On Jan 16, 2017
Nigeria’s sports minister, Solomon Dalung has weighed in on the invitation to Sambisa forest sent by the FG to the BBOG group. Dalung, a member of the Bring back our girls group (BBOG), stated that he was willing and ready to go to Sambisa forest, adding that it was a time for sacrifice and not ‘rasing issues’.

He wrote;

"Three years ago over 275 Chibok School girls were abducted in Borno State by Boko haram. Initially there was denial by the Federal government that the abdication was mere political gimmicks but subsequently, international pressure compelled admission of the reality. Following these developments, the Bring Back Our Girls Movement otherwise known as BBOG was established to advocate for the safe return of our girls. The pressure from the group gathered global momentum with protests across the cities of the world. Nigerian government was attacked for been insensitive and clueless over the issue.

I joined the group because of my conviction in the struggle, I have also participated in many protests and sit outs under the tree in Unity Fountain in Abuja. I have been actively involved in mobilizing protests for the group because I believe in the course of Chibok girls and social justice. I stand with the parents of the girls and Nigerians on this issue. I will do everything possible to support every effort to rescue the girls safely.

Today 57 out of the number had returned and rejoined their families. Some escaped on their own while others we found by the military. But 21 of them were rescued through negotiations by President Muhammadu Buhari administration. Since assumption of office, the administration has shown commitments to the Chibok school girls question. The President met with BBOG Movement severally and restated his commitments but this seems not satisfying to the group.
Even with the release of the 21 girls late last year the group has blamed the efforts of government as not doing enough despite repeated explanations about the sensitive nature of the military operations. The military had severally assured Nigerians of ongoing efforts to secure the safe return of the remaining girls but BBOG is not satisfied still.
In order to establish its commitment to the group the Federal Government had extended invitation to BBOG for a guided search which includes security chiefs, ministers and the press but the group has raised different issues suggesting their unwillingness to be part of efforts to search for abducted Chibok girls.
If the issue is lack of confidence in the Chief of Army Staff for prejudice to the course of the group, as a member and a minister, I have offered to replace General Tukur Burutai but the leadership of the group should accept the invitation by joining the guided search proposed by the Federal Government. This is the time to demonstrate our sacrifice to humanity. Failure to accept the invitation means we are mere armchair critics or alarmists who do not believe in our course.
Now that opportunity is available, we must justice our selflessness to the struggle for a better society. The struggle for the return of Chibok school girls must be exemplary, which the leadership of BBOG must answer call to service. If we love them so much then a guided arial guided search cannot be too much a demand. No struggle is worth it without sacrifice, because the Chibok School girls are believed to be some where in Sambisa forest and not Unity Fountain in Abuja. Oya lets go to Sambisa, I am willing and ready"

Source: http://www.onenigeriablog.com/2017/01/in-search-of-chibok-girls-i-am-willing.html

Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by Fremancipation: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2017
A reminder why this country is a zoo. What business does a sports minister have in an active war zone?

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by casttlebarbz(m): 7:48am On Jan 16, 2017
u suppose don make this statement b4 dem clear d place na
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by MarshRiley(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2017
Jesus....
Is this man even ok?
Sports minister
Wetin him wan go do for there?
Maybe he thinks that's where Afcon is taking place.
Mumu burukutu man
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by femolacqua(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2017
NFF have not yet resolved issues of paying salary's, now u wanna take a stroll to Sambisa forest. Oga if u like urself just sit down where they put u.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by Fedayeen02: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2017
I pray you don't come back.

You can spended your whole life there
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by sirOrubebe: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2017
Everything about this DALUNG is just soooo WRONG.

He needs a brain reset ASAP...
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2017
So this man on red beret always can say trash
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by Flyingngel(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2017
Look at what took Buhari almost seven month to appoint. May be he is thinking that Sambisa is a football field.
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by HtwoOw: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Odinary National team , you no gree manage , na you go enter forest ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by mightyokwy(m): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2017
Who take clown serious. Minister of United States of Nigeria
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by mohiozua(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2017
Mr Dalung, please shut up!
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by plainol(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2017
Like sambisa is Obudu cattle Ranch.
Just make sure you come back, either in your jeep, casket or bike.
Re: "I Am Willing And Fully Ready To Enter Sambisa" — Sport Minister by DaudaAbu(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2017
let me remind you that they are not going for bush camp.

No be boy scout dem dey go do there

(1) (Reply)

Visit To Sambisa Forest: What We Saw, What Should Be Done – BBOG / The Protest Continues 6th Of February, 2017 / Exposed: The Said Current Picture Of Buhari Wit SP & Speaker Was Posted In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.