Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Why Your Enemies Will Bow To You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Your Enemies Will Bow To You (498 Views)

I Will Bow Down And Worship Nnamdi Kanu,than To Worship That Man Call Jesus / RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) / Open Heaven - Every Negative Situation Will Bow To Divine Visitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Enemies Will Bow To You by ACKCITY: 9:27am On Jan 16, 2017
In Daniel 3, King Nebuchadnezzar passed a decree that everyone living in the land must bow down and worship the gold statue made. Everyone must bow down and worship when they heard the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipes, and other musical instruments. Anyone that refuses the order is to be thrown into a blazing furnace immediately.

But these three young men, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refused this order because they know the laws of the Most High God and have respect for God’s laws and decrees above any law of man.

Report soon got to the king that the three men refused to obey his instructions. In his annoyance, the king ordered that the three be brought before him and he said to them,

“Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, that you refuse to serve my gods or worship the gold statue I have set up? I will give you one more chance to bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the musical instruments. But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. And then what god will be able to rescue you from my power?” Daniel 3:15

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set” Daniel 3: 16-18

How many people would say No to corruption? How many people are willing to give their lives up for the cause of God? How many people would say no to a corrupt leader and say, I will only do the will of God?

These three youngsters decided they would rather die than give in to corruption, they would rather remain jobless than take jobs after sleeping with the manager of the company. They would rather remain poor than use anyone for money-rituals. They would rather die than be a murderer for financial benefits.

Out of anger, Nebuchadnezzar commanded that the furnace which was already very hot be made hotter even seven times more. Then he ordered the strongest of his armies to bind the three young men and throw them in the furnace in their clothes.

The furnace was hot to the extent that the flames killed the soldiers who threw the three young men into the fire. But behold, nothing happened to the three men of God who were thrown into the burning fire.

Nebuchadnezzar himself was the one who went to look in to see what was happening in the furnace and behold, he saw four men inside instead of the three that were thrown inside the fire. When Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were asked to come out of the furnace, lo!, there was nothing wrong with them, their clothes were not burnt, they did not even smell of smoke, meanwhile all those who threw them in the furnace died.

Praise God! Are you willing to take a stand for God today? Are you willing to say no to corruption today? Will you rather stand for God instead of devil and corrupt leaders?

Because of the stand of these three, the king repented of his sins and he even passed a decree that no one should speak a word against the Almighty God.

“The Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise to the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! He sent his angel to rescue his servants who trusted in him. They defied the king’s command and were willing to die rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. Therefore, I make this decree: if any people, whatever their race or nation or language, speak a word against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, they will be torn limb from limb, and their houses will be turned into heaps of rubble. There is no other god who can rescue like this” Daniel 3: 28-29

Because of the faithfulness of these three young men, the whole land was brought to God. There was also reward for them; they were promoted by the king.

“Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to even higher positions in the province of Babylon” Daniel 3: 30
Praise the Lord! I pray that God will use today for His purpose, that rather than be a tool for the devil, you will be a tool for the kingdom of God.

God bless you.

Source: http://citofgod..com.ng/2017/01/why-your-enemies-will-bow-to-you.html

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want God To Bless My Mother - Blogger Alexander Orah Goes Controversial / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / “I Will Not Withdraw My Statement Or Apologize” – Apostle Suleiman Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.