Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas (5187 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by plus7(m): 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
ChristianFreedo:

The Scriptures at 2 Co 3:17 says: – “Now Jehovah is the Spirit, and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom".

Such freedom doesn't not exist among the organisation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Where such freedom does not exist, dangers lurk and can lead to harm or hurt. I believe you know that is primarily the reason I'm behind the keyboard, in order to protect myself as best as I can.

To your question, what will I do? I believe there is always a need for caution. Jesus was a prime example of one who was cautious when responding to the pharisees. So it depends on a lot of factors, which for sake of caution, I can't say them here.

But I will say this...in a Christian life, what is primarily impotant is to allow God and his word be true, though everyman be found a liar(Ro 3:4). Jehovah examines the heart and he knows each circumstances a Christian is in.

I know you understand my question well.

And for your information, you have not answered my question.
But if that is the best way you can answer, then i rest my case.

I know you understand better.........

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2017
plus7:

I know you understand my question well.

And for your information, you have not answered my question.
But if that is the best way you can answer, then i rest my case.

I know you understand better.........

Going through his response to your question, you may not have noticed. He basically answered your question. He mentioned allowing God's word to be true, basically saying 'I'm going say what the Bible says', then he also expressed the need to be cautions, probably depending on who is his partner or possibly shifting the question to another person.

He also referred to God knowing what is in a person's heart. From his post, birthday or Christmas celebration isn't a life or dead matter as portrayed by the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation. If it truly is false worship, then all Bible student and JW that celebrated it before stopping was engaging in idolatry and God nowhere condones idolatry.

I believe he answered you. Just read between the lines. My thoughts though.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
PervertProphet:
At the OP, you are doing a great work. You don't just know the work the spirit of God is using you to do via the exposure of these truths. I nearly fell for the JW thing until I digged deeper into the scriptures . Unfortunately my younger sister fell for their brainwashing antics of their organisation being the only true one clearly going what Christ taught and illustrated exactly like the Islamist, Grail message, Eckankar. How can I have all of these materials by you complied into one so it can't be given to her as a gift and to others?

Talking anything to brainwashed jw that criticizes their religion is difficult. Because they had been conditioned to expect that and their defenses will immediately spring up when any of such issues is brought up.

It takes patience, tact and good judgment and more patience. Believe me, I have been in that situation before, a situation where I felt I need to pour out my new found knowledge on my people. My parents, brothers and relatives. I didn't get anywhere. Rather it brought hostility and anger.

Simply put, I just didn't get anywhere and I just didn't know to to get through. Then I withdrew to my shell and continued quietly in my study and research. Then I read this article and so why I was seen as the enemy and struck me.

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/helping-someone-leave.php

Currently, I can say I have assisted two people to start their own research. From what I have seen, they are asking the questions themselves and making serious search.

But I didnt just compiled materials and hand it over to them. A brainwashed jw is so conditioned that he will not even open it, let alone read it. You just have to know what works for each person and what really interest them.

But most importantly, when a jw start seeing the errors and asking questions, they will feel disillusioned and even lost and will ask the question, "where will I go to". It is really important that you have to there for them.

Many questions will come. Some you will not be able to answer. Some answers may not satisfy them. But it is important to keep in mind that Rome was not built in a day. There are some questions that you will be able to have answers to in the future. So do not assume to know all and you can never do.

What I think actually helps me a lot is that I have read many books. Crisis of conscience, in search of Christian freedom, blogs, websites, court documents and watch videos. In that case, it has helped me to have a wide knowledge of most cases. Crisis of conscience and in search of Christian freedom has assisted me with key scriptural ideas and knowledge, but most importantly, has helped me not to be bitter. Because I have understood where the problem really lies, which is, that they are held captive of the concept they created for themselves (for the leaders) and the followers are just victims of victims.

Whatever the case, the decision to look or not into anything you show her will have to hers and hers alone. Just like the decision to either continue attending meetings or not will have to be hers and hers alone. In my own case, I stopped attending when I knew I was no longer benefiting from the programs there. They were just subverting my faith. In her own case, she will have to be convinced by herself before taking a decision.

Some people make quick decisions, others take their time. You can never tell which ever it will be in her own case. A greater part of the time, it depends on how much invested she has been in it... Wife, husband, children, relatives. Position of authority or privileges. All those play a part in deciding how quick a decision can be. But, never give up hope. Watchtower is a false religious organization and no matter how they cover up or paper over the crack, it will fall someday. They are just extending the inevitable.

Reading experience of ex-jws and why left can provide an insight. (you can search his post for some and probably links to other sites).

Below are some links to help gain insight on how to help your sister. I hope they help. I sincerely do.

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/where-else.php

http://jwfacts.com/other/what-now-timothy-campbell.php

http://jwfacts.com/other/where-else-timothy-campbell.php

But whatever you do, don't forget, it takes patience, tact, good judgment and more patience.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thank U for your sophistry. Is birthday celebration part of the footsteps that Jesus your master left for U to follow? 1pet2:21. Abraham, David, Jesus & his apostles & 1st century Christians never did it. So whose example are U copying? 1 Cor11:1.
Secular history revealed that birthdays celebrations are rooted in paganism. So,what fellowship does light have with darkness? 2Cor 6:14-18.
Come to think of it , God's word the Bible portrayed birthdays in a negative way just as drunkenness is negatively portrayed. That's solid proof that God hates celebration of birthdays (Gen40:20, Mark6:21-28. Prov23:20,21,29,30.Isaiah 5:20-22.)
OP, when U pick candy from the refuse dump & change its wrap covering, does it make the candy clean for consumption? God's word condemned any attempt to blend paganism with Christianity. Galatians 4:8-11.
Marriage & wedding anniversaries is OK. God originated marriage Matt19:3-6. Gen2:18-25. Honeymoon began with Adam & Eve. Eccl9:9, Prov5:18, Deut24:5

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 10:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
OneJ:
Thank U for your sophistry. Is birthday celebration part of the footsteps that Jesus your master left for U to follow? 1pet2:21. Abraham, David, Jesus & his apostles & 1st century Christians never did it. So whose example are U copying? 1 Cor11:1.
Secular history revealed that birthdays celebrations are rooted in paganism. So,what fellowship does light have with darkness? 2Cor 6:14-18.
Come to think of it , God's word the Bible portrayed birthdays in a negative way just as drunkenness is negatively portrayed. That's solid proof that God hates celebration of birthdays (Gen40:20, Mark6:21-28. Prov23:20,21,29,30.Isaiah 5:20-22.)
OP, when U pick candy from the refuse dump & change its wrap covering, does it make the candy clean for consumption? God's word condemned any attempt to blend paganism with Christianity. Galatians 4:8-11.
Marriage & wedding anniversaries is OK. God originated marriage Matt19:3-6. Gen2:18-25. Honeymoon began with Adam & Eve. Eccl9:9, Prov5:18, Deut24:5

Bros, carry your one sided reasoning and feed it to the cows. The ones Jesus said you should do, have you done them?

He said without eating my body and drinking my blood, you cannot see the kingdom of God, are you obeying him? What example from the first century Christian have you followed? Do you not know that no partaking of his blood and body means rejection of Jesus and his sacrifice?

He said baptized in the name of the Father, son and holy spirit, are you doing so?

He said you cannot see the kingdom without being born again, are you one?

Anything not done out of faith becomes a sin. Ro 14:23. Yes, I can pick a candy from the gutter, wash it well and eat it. I eat out of faith and it has been sanctified.

Marriage and wedding anniversary is ok. But you have refused to deal with the fact that it also came from that same pagan origin. Which servant of God had a marriage anniversary before? Which can you point in the bible that exchange marriage ring? Or went on honeymoon? But history shows they are all pagan practices.

You know what I see? I see someone that is willing to bend the evidence to fit with his believes. Honeymoon begin with Adam (can you actually show a place in the scriptures that says so?)
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by haywizzy007(m): 12:11am On Jun 25, 2018
OneJ:

May you have peace my dear brother!!
Trying to explain basic biblical truths and doctrines to apostates is like drawing water with a basket. You'll hardly achieve anything.

When someone willfully sin or deviates from the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins(Hebrews 10:26,27)
Jesus Christ had so many opportunities to defend himself before Pilate, he remained silent for some reasons. I surely know you understand why he was silent. Jesus also said we should never cast our pearls before swine.(matt. 7:6)

Let them continue their 'good' works, they have many forefathers in the scriptures they can relate with, people such as Hymenaeus, Alexander, and Philetus. (1Ti 1:19, 20. 2Ti 2:16-19). Reading or replying their posts is a sheer waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 12:20am On Jun 25, 2018
rottennaija: U no know say Ornaments made of gold ,silver etc had always been a feature of true worship in God's temple.? Exodus 25. U no know say God recommended honeymoon? Deut24:5, Prov5:18. Eccl9:9. Rather than stick to the topic,U dey rant up and down. Receive sense in Jesus name, amen. I'm done with U.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by mysteryman2014: 3:46am On Jun 25, 2018
olaolaking:

Call the elders in your congregation and table your arguement before them. At least, let them know your view and opinion.
You cant be hiding and claim you are preaching to them.Nobody recognizes an unseen face. Are you an hypocrites?

This Is obviously the writing of an apostate
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 5:57am On Jun 25, 2018
OneJ:
rottennaija: U no know say Ornaments made of gold ,silver etc had always been a feature of true worship in God's temple.? Exodus 25. U no know say God recommended honeymoon? Deut24:5, Prov5:18. Eccl9:9. Rather than stick to the topic,U dey rant up and down. Receive sense in Jesus name, amen. I'm done with U.

Twisting the scriptures is what the devil is very good at. Do you know who else is better at it? Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 5:58am On Jun 25, 2018
OneJ:

Twisting the scriptures is what the devil is very good at. Do you know who else is better at it? Jehovah’s Witnesses. It's a part of you and remains in your blood because just like the devil, who is your father and the liar, you have grown so comfortable in twisting the bible.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2018
There is nothing wrong when you decide to celebrate anything that comes to your mind, and there is no big deal when someone refuse to join you for reasons best known to him/her. Jehovah's witnesses are teaching those who wants to know why there is nonchalant attitude towards the contradictions going on in the religious circle. We're gathering those who love orderliness and unity in faith, but whoever feels that's not necessary is free to practice whatever he/she wants. We strongly believe that Nations surrounding Israelites had intense hatred for Israel because their God gave them rules that totally separates them from all other peoples,this made those nations angry thinking the Israelites are trying to prove overly righteous so many times they'll form alliance to wipe them out. But for what reason? Simply because they're different! Therefore i believe in tolerance, if someone disagrees with me on sacred matters but cooperate with me on other matters it's OK. We can leave together in peace and happiness, it's even safer when i already knew his dos and donts! wink wink wink
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 8:14am On Jul 21, 2018
mysteryman2014:

This Is obviously the writing of an apostate

If you see the writing of an apostate, I dare you wouldn't know of it. Not one bit of it. And there is the irony, you read apostate literature, books and publications daily. You study apostate ideas weekly without knowing of it.

How? Because the watchtower organization is the very definition of an apostate religious organization. There are many of them, no doubt, but the watchtower organization is a prime example of it. They had so left the very biblical teachings to commands of men, they had left christ sacred teachings to watchtower doctrines and someday, they will answer for all the lives they are leading to destruction.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by mysteryman2014: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2018
rottennaija:

If you see the writing of an apostate, I dare you wouldn't know of it. Not one bit of it. And there is the irony, you read apostate literature, books and publications daily. You study apostate ideas weekly without knowing of it.

How? Because the watchtower organization is the very definition of an apostate religious organization. There are many of them, no doubt, but the watchtower organization is a prime example of it. They had so left the very biblical teachings to commands of men, they had left christ sacred teachings to watchtower doctrines and someday, they will answer for all the lives they are leading to destruction.

Can you pls give an example of such unscriptuaral teachings of the organization. Not only that give the real scriptural teachings with the scriptural support.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
rottennaija:

Twisting the scriptures is what the devil is very good at. Do you know who else is better at it? Jehovah’s Witnesses. It's a part of you and remains in your blood because just like the devil, who is your father and the liar, you have grown so comfortable in twisting the bible.

"U no know say God recommended honeymoon? deut 24:5. Prov5:18. Eccl9:9"

Oxford Dictionary : "honeymoon ,a holiday/ vacation taken by a couple who have just got married".

Deut 24:5: "If a man has recently married, HE MUST NOT BE SENT TO WAR OR HAVE ANY OTHER DUTY LAID ON HIM. For one year he is free to stay at home & bring happiness to the wife he has married."

Prov5:18:... rejoice in the wife of your youth".
Eccl 9:9" Enjoy life with your wife whom you love...."

Rottennaija, even if U don't agree with the beliefs of JW coupled with your obvious anti- Jw virus, but at least , respect God's word the Bible. None of us can know more than Jehovah God .
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Predicarlo: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
100% correct.
2 Timothy 2:16 is a touchstone for us as we represent Jehovah's name.

haywizzy007:
May you have peace my dear brother!!
Trying to explain basic biblical truths and doctrines to apostates is like drawing water with a basket. You'll hardly achieve anything.

When someone willfully sin or deviates from the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins(Hebrews 10:26,27)
Jesus Christ had so many opportunities to defend himself before Pilate, he remained silent for some reasons. I surely know you understand why he was silent. Jesus also said we should never cast our pearls before swine.(matt. 7:6)

Let them continue their 'good' works, they have many forefathers in the scriptures they can relate with, people such as Hymenaeus, Alexander, and Philetus. (1Ti 1:19, 20. 2Ti 2:16-19). Reading or replying their posts is a sheer waste of time.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
OneJ:

"U no know say God recommended honeymoon? deut 24:5. Prov5:18. Eccl9:9"

Oxford Dictionary : "honeymoon ,a holiday/ vacation taken by a couple who have just got married".

Deut 24:5: "If a man has recently married, HE MUST NOT BE SENT TO WAR OR HAVE ANY OTHER DUTY LAID ON HIM. For one year he is free to stay at home & bring happiness to the wife he has married."

Prov5:18:... rejoice in the wife of your youth".
Eccl 9:9" Enjoy life with your wife whom you love...."

Rottennaija, even if U don't agree with the beliefs of JW coupled with your obvious anti- Jw virus, but at least , respect God's word the Bible. None of us can know more than Jehovah God .
Shalom.
Same reasoning applies to birthday and celebration of birth of christ.

God is the origin of life and the originator of birth. Celebrating one's birth is not against any scriptural command. (show me a scripture that God instruct people not to celebrate their birth)

Angels celebrated the birth of the savior, Jesus christ and announced it to the world. - Lu 2:10-14

Considering on day to be more important than another is no sin just like considering all days to be equal to another. The most important of it all is that you have to be fully convinced in your heart about. The also, you must avoid judging another person based on your own weak faith or conscience especially on matters God himself has made no ruling over. - Romans 14:5,6, 10

birthday celebration is something that is so old in recorded history of mankind, celebrated by those who were kings and lords. Yet, God never bother to gave laws against it, even when he gave laws on practices that were done in nations around Isael - Romans 7:7
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2018
Rottennaija, U resorted to sophistry to justify yourself & U missed the vital point.

Agreed, the angel announced the good news " For today there was born to you in David's city a saviour, who is Christ the lord" Luke2:5-15
In the same manner that everyone rejoices when a child is born, anywhere it occurs.

The Bible is NOT only about Do's & Don'ts. That is why "do not smoke or do not abuse drugs" wasn't written in the Bible.
However, the Bible's righteous principles condemns these vile practices .
"....Dear friends, let us PURIFY OURSELVES from everything that contaminates body & spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God" 2Cor 7:1.
In other words, SHUN anything that defiles your body inside &outside ( including over eating & drinking).
This principle applies to annual birthday celebrations. Let's read:

"But now that you know God or rather are known by God, how is it you are turning back to those weak & miserable principles. Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are OBSERVING SPECIAL DAYS & MONTHS & SEASONS & YEARS ! I fear for you that some how I have wasted my efforts on you" Galatians 4:8-11.

History tells us that annual celebration of birthdays was exclusively for pagans,not followers of Christ.

Rottennaija, What fellowship does light have with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14-18.

Question 1) Rottennaija, was the birth day of Jesus Christ celebrated every year by Mary& Joseph, aside that day the angel announced his birth?

Q2) Why would the perfect man ,Jesus, forget the celebration of his birthday?

Q3) U have tried so hard to justify birthdays celebration. pls name the men of God before Christ, or among Christ's followers who practiced birthday celebration?

Rottennaija, pls respond.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
OneJ:
Rottennaija, U resorted to sophistry to justify yourself & U missed the vital point.

Agreed, the angel announced the good news " For today there was born to you in David's city a saviour, who is Christ the lord" Luke2:5-15
In the same manner that everyone rejoices when a child is born, anywhere it occurs.

The Bible is NOT only about Do's & Don'ts. That is why "do not smoke or do not abuse drugs" wasn't written in the Bible.
"....Dear friends, let us PURIFY OURSELVES from everything that contaminates body & spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God" 2Cor 7:1.
In other words, SHUN anything that defiles your body inside &outside ( including over eating & drinking).

"But now that you know God or rather are known by God, how is it you are turning back to those weak & miserable principles. Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are OBSERVING SPECIAL DAYS & MONTHS & SEASONS & YEARS ! I fear for you that some how I have wasted my efforts on you" Galatians 4:8-11.

History tells us that annual celebration of birthdays was exclusively for pagans,not followers of Christ.

Question 1) Rottennaija, was the birth day of Jesus Christ celebrated every year by Mary& Joseph, aside that day the angel announced his birth?

Q3) U have tried so hard to justify birthdays celebration. pls name the men of God before Christ, or among Christ's followers who practiced birthday celebration?

Shalom.

I'm a little busy for now. However, let's see how you respond to this.

Between smoking and eating sugary foods, drinks, junk food, alcoholic beverages, beers. Which of the two defiles the body more, causing more damage to the body, thereby leading death, sickness etc.

Answer this while bearing in mind the admonition against defilement of the flesh and spirit in 2Cor 7:1.

Secondly, the scriptures at 2 Co 7:1 speaks against what defiles the flesh and spirit . Note the bolded. Does smoking defile the flesh and spirit?
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
rottennaija:

Between smoking and eating sugary foods, drinks, junk food, alcoholic beverages, beers. Which of the two defiles the body more, causing more damage to the body, thereby leading death, sickness etc.

Answer this while bearing in mind the admonition against defilement of the flesh and spirit in 2Cor 7:1.

Secondly, the scriptures at 2 Co 7:1 speaks against what defiles the flesh and spirit . Note the bolded. Does smoking defile the flesh and spirit?

Rottennaija , I'm awaiting your response to my questions listed for U. They are pertinent to this thread.
I referred to 2Cor7:1, to make a point clearer. However, that's not the main focus of this thread.

U wan jump enter another topic when U never finish the matter wey bring us come this thread. Lets face this thread squarely pls. (U may open another thread for your last question, if U wish.).

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
OneJ:

Rottennaija , I'm awaiting your response to my questions listed for U. They are pertinent to this thread.
I referred to 2Cor7:1, to make a point clearer. However, that's not the main focus of this thread.

U wan jump enter another topic when U never finish the matter wey bring us come this thread. Lets face this thread squarely pls. (U may open another thread for your last question, if U wish.).

You brought smoking into the issues, to support your argument. You see the Irony? You are faced with the fact the Bible says nothing against birthday celebration, Jesus never condemned it, the apostle never condemned it and not even Jehovah gave commands to his people against it.

So in order to get around the problem, you brought an idea about about the Bible not being a book for dos and don't. Using smoking as an example, you introduce the idea of it polluting the body, using 2 co 7:1 as support. Of course, you know the Bible says nothing of smoking, but in order to introduce your today's ban on smoking, since the Bible says nothing on it, you fall back to applications of Bible principles, shunning what defiles the flesh and spirit.

But that is where you run into a problem, smoking defiles the body, true. But does it defile the spirit? Smoking kills, true. But are they other things we eat and enjoy that doesn't kill more than smoking? Does this things not defile the body?

The irony of the whole things, when you want to make arbitrary rules against smoking, in this case, discussing shunning what defiles body, you don't cherry pick which to apply to and which to ignore.

I purposefully brought sugar, sugary food, drinks, bears, junk food into the issue. For all intent and purposes, these things, while we enjoy them defile our body. While true that our society does not frown on them, but these things defile our bodies. Studies shows that they kill and make us sick even more than smoking.

We will deal with the question one after another. But let's deal with them one at a time. First thing first, we deal with how you chose to shun one thing that defiles the body but ignore others (arbitrary choosing what to frown and makes laws against while ignoring another that is even worse than it.)

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
OneJ:

Shalom.

The present and the future now say it is for followers of Christ.
1. How many times did the Bible mention Mary and Joseph after the birth of Jesus Christ? And in what context were they mentioned?
2. Did the Bible say that the perfect man Jesus Christ forgot his birthday?
3. You have tried to justify not celebrating birthdays. Please name the men of God before Christ or amongst Christ followers who did not celebrate birthdays?

These your questions can be asked in the other way because Bible didn't talk about them. In other words, the Bible was silent on the issue. Celebrating birthdays or Christmas isn't a bad thing neither is it a sin. You can't just assume and make your doctrines from assumption of things never mentioned in the Bible.
God will not slaughter people because they chose to celebrate the lives and themselves once every year nor will he murder people because they chose to celebrate Jesus Christ. If he says he will kill them then he is just a sadistic, psychopath who is just blood thirsty. You wanna use kindergarten sense lol.

In the Bible angels and wise men celebrated Jesus birth why wouldn't Jesus followers celebrate Jesus birth?
Because one illiterate called Rutherford from 1926 said Christmas is of pagan origin and Herod and pharoah killed on their birthdays even if pharoah spared the life of the cupbearer that same day birthdays are bad I should not enjoy 2018 and celebrate Christmas and my birthday? You guys and your leaders that only speculate and assume are really jokers in fact relay the message to your jehovah for me.

Since he has said that celebrating birthdays and Christmas will make serving him via joining a publishing company called watchtower difficult then he is on his own
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
OneJ:

Is not celebrating birthdays part of the footsteps Jesus your master left for you to follow? Bible never said Abraham David Jesus and his apostles and 1st century Christians never celebrated birthdays. YOU JUST ASSUMED IT IN YOUR HEAD.

You even have to use secular worldly history to formulate your doctrines because Bible didn't mention it. Na was o.
How did Bible portray birthdays in bad light? Where did the Bible tell you that it was solid proof that God hates birthday celebrations? OR YOU HAVE JUST ASSUMED AS USUAL?

BIBLE SAID PHAROAH PARDONED THE CUPBEARER (WHO TOLD PHAROAH ABOUT JOSEPH AND JOSEPH WAS MADE A GOVERNOR BY THIS PHAROAH).
I don't think you have ever read that part of your Bible. Well it's not surprising that you did not see the good thing that happened on pharoahss birthday.

Birthdays were never portrayed the way drunkenness was portrayed. It's all your assumption.
God's word never mentioned birthdays as being pagan events only your organisation does so as a result of findings from secular worldly sources you said so earlier. Stop lying on the Bible's or God's head. Haha fear God na
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
OneJ:

I am sure if they ask you if it's Herod or his birthday that killed john the Baptist you will say it's herods birthday that killed John the Baptist according to secular worldly sources. I salute Una.
I am sure you are yet to read the part in the Bible that said Herod and pharoah killed children and it wasn't even their birthdays yet o. Be using secular source to say God hates something when he didn't say it in his inspired word.

I am yet to see your doctrine and beliefs that are not based purely on secular sources. I no fit laugh
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
rottennaija:

"Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body & affects a person's overall health..... smoking causes general adverse effects on the body, including inflammation & decreased immune function"
(https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/ fact_sheets/health_ effects/ effects_cig _smoking/index.htm).

Rottennaija, does smoking defile your body& spirit or not?
Is 2 Cor7:1 spot on as regards this matter?
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

I am sure if they ask you if it's Herod or his birthday that killed john the Baptist you will say it's herods birthday that killed John the Baptist according to secular worldly sources. I salute Una.
I am sure you are yet to read the part in the Bible that said Herod and pharoah killed children and it wasn't even their birthdays yet o. Be using secular source to say God hates something when he didn't say it in his inspired word.

I am yet to see your doctrine and beliefs that are not based purely on secular sources. I no fit laugh

Can't U see how your comments make your IBERIBEISM obvious to all & sundry !
Anti JW virus done evaporate your sense finish.

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by OneJ: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Is not celebrating birthdays part of the footsteps Jesus your master left for you to follow? Bible never said Abraham David Jesus and his apostles and 1st century Christians never celebrated birthdays. YOU JUST ASSUMED IT IN YOUR HEAD.

You even have to use secular worldly history to formulate your doctrines because Bible didn't mention it. Na was o.
How did Bible portray birthdays in bad light? Where did the Bible tell you that it was solid proof that God hates birthday celebrations? OR YOU HAVE JUST ASSUMED AS USUAL?

BIBLE SAID PHAROAH PARDONED THE CUPBEARER (WHO TOLD PHAROAH ABOUT JOSEPH AND JOSEPH WAS MADE A GOVERNOR BY THIS PHAROAH).
I don't think you have ever read that part of your Bible. Well it's not surprising that you did not see the good thing that happened on pharoahss birthday.

Birthdays were never portrayed the way drunkenness was portrayed. It's all your assumption.
God's word never mentioned birthdays as being pagan events only your organisation does so as a result of findings from secular worldly sources you said so earlier. Stop lying on the Bible's or God's head. Haha fear God na

SERIAL LIAR INDEED !!!!!.
Sotaay U made Joseph a Governor on King Pharaoh's birthday (for your deluded mind)

Why U dey fear to name one man of God wey do him birthday from your Bible ? Lols .

1 Like

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by CANTICLES: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
OneJ:

Sotaay U made Joseph a Governor on King Pharaoh's birthday (for your deluded mind)

Why U dey fear to name one man of God wey do him birthday from your Bible ?
Lols .

Fact!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
OneJ:

Why U dey fear to name one man of God wey do him birthday from your Bible ? Lols .

You wanna see the passage? When did I say it was on pharaohs birthday that they made Joseph Governor? You are really delusional.
I know how it feels to discover via nairaland that the bible said pharaoh spared the cupbearer. I know you feel disappointed. This one is not a secular source o. Bible itself.
Its the same pharaoh who beheaded the baker and spared the life of the cupbearer on his birthday and later on made Joseph a governor. Buhaha

Genesis 40:20-22
20 Now the third day was Pharaoh’s birthday, and he gave a feast for all his officials. He lifted up the heads of the chief cupbearer and the chief baker in the presence of his officials: 21 He restored the chief cupbearer to his position, so that he once again put the cup into Pharaoh’s hand— 22 but he impaled the chief baker, just as Joseph had said to them in his interpretation.

After reading this read genesis 41
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
OneJ:

Why are you afraid to name one man of god who didn't do birthday in the Bible?
Lol. I no fit laff o. Abi e no dey bible.
Sorry it's only in your secular source
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2018
OneJ:

Can't U see how your comments make your IBERIBEISM obvious to all & sundry !
Anti JW virus done evaporate your sense finish.

Eya e pain am. Is it paining you that I said your doctrines are found only in worldly secular sources.? Buhaha. Religion that they use only secular sources as guide to their sources.
Rotflol
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
OneJ:

"Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body & affects a person's overall health..... smoking causes general adverse effects on the body, including inflammation & decreased immune function"
(https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/ fact_sheets/health_ effects/ effects_cig _smoking/index.htm).

Rottennaija, does smoking defile your body& spirit or not?
Is 2 Cor7:1 spot on as regards this matter?

Do you know smoking marijuana is now legally allowed? Have you heard of medical uses of marijuana. In fact some doctors now prescribe it for some of their patients.
I guess you are holding on to one of your worldly secular sources doctrine.

You can hide pedophilles yet smokers who bible never talked about are punished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If A Wife Stays On Top During Sex, She'll Go To Hell" - Nigerian Pastor / ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... / Having Sex In Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.