Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria (3404 Views)

How We Are Creating Opportunities For Young People - Vice President Osinbajo / Look At The Nuisance Apc Is Creating In Ordinary Ward Congress - Governor Wike / Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2017
The controversy over the retirement of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A. Adeboye is just about settling down right now. However, there are several points to note and draw from the episode that show how many Christians in Nigeria (not all) have become such a big problem to themselves and the country as a whole.

Immediately it emerged that Pastor Adeboye was retiring based on a government agency's directive namely the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, social media and the electronic media- radio and television in particular were flooded with all sorts of claims about how the country's Muslim President, Muhammadu Buhari was 'fighting the church', 'trying to Islamize Nigeria (their favourite chant)' and so on and so forth.

None of these self-righteous sanctimonious hypocrites bothered to check how or why the policy was implemented. This went on for about 4 days until news broke that a certain Jim Obazee as head of the FRC had defied Presidential directives on the policy that affected the RCCG leader, then there was silence.

So, this is how to be a Christian? Slander people and lie about issues when it is convenient for you and when the truth comes out keep silent because it does not 'favour you'?

Yes, Nigeria has many problems of religious tensions and unnecessary violence. However, these dubious traits of too many Christians is a major source of the conflict. It is Christians that are seeking to wipe-out anything that they perceive to be related to Islam in our national life, like removal of Arabic script from the naira under Christian President Jonathan based on the prompting of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) or the totally unnecessary campaign against the introduction of Islamic banking in Nigeria which ironically many Christians now benefit from and which is an accepted form of banking across the world regardless of the religion practised in those countries and the attacks by Christian teachers on Muslim girls wearing hijab to school or even to write GCE and JAMB examinations! shocked shocked shocked shocked

The faster, Christian leaders and their followers begin to act more in line with what they claim is in the Bible and see as Jesus' (Peace Be Upon Him) teachings, the better for them and the peace of Nigeria.

The shameful lack of integrity and forthrightness they have been showing in recent years do no one any favours and do not promote the peace which they want us to believe they uphold.

The tensions and killings will fizzle out when we address the real issues of apprehending criminals under any name they may call themselves from Boko Haram to Nigerdelta militants to cattle herdsmen/rearers to ethnic militia to armed robbers and Kidnappers.

However, if leaders continue to think they can use these negative elements in society to blackmail or rubbish people of other faiths and tribes, they are almost as guilty as these criminals in being complicit in the crimes they commit.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2017
Share until the Christian leaders in particular read this.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2017
See what religion has turned you into..

You are busy nurturing this monstrous thoughts on how to allocate some blame to Christians over the numerous evil deeds by Muslims.

I don't blame you, I only blame Christians with their foolish, 'turn the other cheek belief' after a slap...

Continue rumbling about until you are able to smell your own anus..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by OCTAVO: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2017
angry
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Beremx(f): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
I hate to dabble into religious crises but I think the Op is a hypocrite. Not until the Op tells me his stand on the religious cleansing of Christians by Muslims in southern kaduna, then he's a certified hypocrite

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by adem30: 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
maclatunji:
The controversy over the retirement of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A. Adeboye is just about settling down right now. However, there are several points to note and draw from the episode that show how many Christians in Nigeria (not all) have become such a big problem to themselves and the country as a whole.

Immediately it emerged that Pastor Adeboye was retiring based on a government agency's directive namely the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, social media and the electronic media- radio and television in particular were flooded with all sorts of claims about how the country's Muslim President, Muhammadu Buhari was 'fighting the church', 'trying to Islamize Nigeria (their favourite chant)' and so on and so forth.

None of these self-righteous sanctimonious hypocrites bothered to check how or why the policy was implemented. This went on for about 4 days until news broke that a certain Jim Obazee as head of the FRC had defied Presidential directives on the policy that affected the RCCG leader, then there was silence.

So, this is how to be a Christian? Slander people and lie about issues when it is convenient for you and when the truth comes out keep silent because it does not 'favour you'?

Yes, Nigeria has many problems of religious tensions and unnecessary violence. However, these dubious traits of too many Christians is a major source of the conflict. It is Christians that are seeking to wipe-out anything that they perceive to be related to Islam in our national life, like removal of Arabic script from the naira under Christian President Jonathan based on the prompting of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) or the totally unnecessary campaign against the introduction of Islamic banking in Nigeria which ironically many Christians now benefit from and which is an accepted form of banking across the world regardless of the religion practised in those countries and the attacks by Christian teachers on Muslim girls wearing hijab to school or even to write GCE and JAMB examinations! shocked shocked shocked shocked

The faster, Christian leaders and their followers begin to act more in line with what they claim is in the Bible and see as Jesus' (Peace Be Upon Him) teachings, the better for them and the peace of Nigeria.

The shameful lack of integrity and forthrightness they have been showing in recent years do no one any favours and do not promote the peace which they want us to believe they uphold.

The tensions and killings will fizzle out when we address the real issues of apprehending criminals under any name they may call themselves from Boko Haram to Nigerdelta militants to cattle herdsmen/rearers to ethnic militia to armed robbers and Kidnappers.

However, if leaders continue to think they can use these negative elements in society to blackmail or rubbish people of other faiths and tribes, they are almost as guilty as these criminals in being complicit in the crimes they commit.

I am a Christian, but you are seriously speaking the truth.

Our so called Christian in power will keep mute when they are bidding for what will favour them materially and forget about what will affect Christianity.

This very law was signed by our so called Christian president GEJ, nobody talk about it then but they are very active to crucified Buhari now, and keep mute when the whole truth came out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mods please move this piece of dirt to 'religion' or 'islam' board/section..

It's share stupidity for anyone to believe even in the face of Buhari tyranny that any of his stooges would act without being instructed..

Even Buhari himself takes instructions from the "Aso-Rock Cabals" ...ask Aisha!

6 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
adem30:

Our so called Christian in power will keep mute when they are bidding for what will favour them materially and forget about what will affect Christianity.

This very law was signed by our so called Christian president GEJ, nobody talk about it then but they are very active to crucified Buhari now, and keep mute when the whole truth came out.

You are a lair from hell..

It's either you are related to Oga Lai or you always share his bed..

The lies the the code was adopted by GEJ was from the satanic leaders of APC after they have finished with GO and has since been debunked..

8 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Beremx:
I hate to dabble into religious crises but I think the Op is a hypocrite. Not until the Op tells me his stand on the religious cleansing of Christians by Muslims in southern kaduna, then he's a certified hypocrite

Deflection. The post hit home.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Beremx(f): 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
maclatunji:

Deflection. The post hit home.
hypocrisy confirmed

11 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Beremx:
hypocrisy confirmed

If you had to wait for me to write this post before you ask me about what is going on in Southern Kaduna then the post hits you like a rocket. If you had asked before it, I would have taken you seriously.

Stop deflecting to safe face tongue tongue tongue tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Granger: 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
At least all u have against Christians is that they have "flooded social media" with COMPLAINTS. How about your murderous scum brothers who go about killing like the mad dogs that u all are. Don't bother with any retort, u r known all around the world so it's not a Nigerian thing. Scum of the earth.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
adem30:

God bless an honest man.

4 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Beremx(f): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
maclatunji:

If you had to wait for me to write this post before you ask me about what is going on in Southern Kaduna then the post hits you like a rocket. If you had asked before it, I would have taken you seriously.

Stop deflecting to safe face tongue tongue tongue tongue
Alfa Tunji, i haven't been on nairaland for a long while if you had noticed. You really think i should have asked you about your stand on Kaduna killings before you say your mind abi? Stop sounding like a fulani Muslim ogbeni.

7 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
maclatunji:

God bless an honest man.

And may the hypocrites roast in hell.. !!

6 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
adem30:

You hypocrite!!

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/10/adeboye-reno-omokri-presents-evidence-showing-jonathan-not-create-frc-controversial-law/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

Former Special Assistant to ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, Reno Omokri has denied reports that the controversial Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC) policy that forced Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) to retire as teh General Overseer was created by former president, Goodluck Jonathan.

FRC is the body whose law led to the retirement of Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye as General Overseer of Nigerian arm of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)

According to Omokri, although Jonathan created laws to guide activities of bodies like NGOs and religious bodies, the exact policy that has caused controversy in the country for some days was imputed by the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He shared a picture of the policy as evidence showing that the law appeared to have been amended with the new policy to take effect from October 17, 2016, well over a year since Jonathan left office.

President Buhari has already suspended the new law and consequently sacked the FRC boss, Obazee.

6 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hypocritical criminals, one created a bigoted thread another posted trash in support but, when truth started to unravel they abandoned their own thread and ran like the Fulani marauders on murderous mission they certainly are..

7 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
Beremx:
Alfa Tunji, i haven't been on nairaland for a long while if you had noticed. You really think i should have asked you about your stand on Kaduna killings before you say your mind abi? Stop sounding like a fulani Muslim ogbeni.

Sister Berem, raising Southern Kaduna in response to my post was lame.

I don't have a problem discussing Southern Kaduna but not as a strawman tactic.

If you are passionate about issues, write about them, if you really want me to read and join the conversation you can tag me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Granger:
At least all u have against Christians is that they have "flooded social media" with COMPLAINTS. How about your murderous scum brothers who go about killing like the mad dogs that u all are. Don't bother with any retort, u r known all around the world so it's not a Nigerian thing. Scum of the earth.

Another lie, Christians don't kill?

See his language sef #Yeye

4 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Histrings08(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
So you're comparing online social media complains with how ur brother went on killing spree in kaduna nd other places, huh? ... Nairaland self, what's dis guy still doing here?

8 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by zaimeg: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Abdulkabir has always been hypocritical right from the days of the Islamic section. He is like the Muslim fundamentalists in Faj hall, OAU back in the days. Please don't quote me. I won't read it.

6 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by olureignforever: 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
@OP, STFU.

3 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by alienvirus: 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
God bless you maclatunji. The whole noise went down the moment the truth came out.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by abatisegun: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
BeClever:
See what religion has turned into..

You are busy nurturing this monstrous thoughts on how to allocate some blame to Christians over the numerous evil deeds by Muslims.

I don't blame you, I only blame Christians with their foolish, 'turn the other cheek belief' after a slap...

Continue rumbling about until you are able to smell your own anus..
pls kindly open your Bible to first Samuel chapter 15 verse 3 and read what is written there. And as for d 2 verses u coated, u Ave totally interpreted it and used out of context. The verses are referring to time of war between d Muslim community and non believers. During war u don't spare ur enemy who also intends to kill u. But if there is no war, Quran enjoins us to live peacefully with non Muslims.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
zaimeg:
Abdulkabir has always been hypocritical right from the days of the Islamic section. He is like the Muslim fundamentalists in Faj hall, OAU back in the days. Please don't quote me. I won't read it.

You know, I am yet to see any one of you effectively prove my points to be false. Name-calling does not really bother me, I am dealing with the facts of the matter here.

5 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
abatisegun:
pls kindly open your Bible to first Samuel chapter 15 verse 3 and read what is written there. And as for d 2 verses u coated, u Ave totally interpreted it and used out of context. The verses are referring to time of war between d Muslim community and non believers. During war u don't spare ur enemy who also intends to kill u. But if there is no war, Quran enjoins us to live peacefully with non Muslims.

Don't waste time with the thread derailer

4 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Jengem: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
What rubbish
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by adem30: 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
BeClever:

You are a lair from hell..

It's either you are related to Oga Lai or you always share his bed..

The lies the the code was adopted by GEJ was from the satanic leaders of APC after they have finished with GO and has since been debunked..

Guy I don't blame you because its very hard for this Generation youth to think for ourselves, we only depends on what our useless politicians tells us.

The law was made in 2011 yet your almighty Reno said your self acclaimed Hero does not sign it.

When was the so called chairman appointed and by who?

Was the so called Chairman a Muslim? And why no one talk about it when this was going on?

The same way your Gej never instructed Dasuki to share money meant for Military weapons yet so many are returning the said loots.

Guy, start to reason for yourself from an obvious reasons and stop worshiping all these useless politicians claiming born again Christians after loosing power.

Your senseless Reno sat there in abroad and talk rubbish everyday and you sit down here to swallow it.

The same way Obanikoro was boasting while he was in USA, latter came back to Nigeria and turn deaf and dumb when he was confronted with obvious evidence.

Why is Obanikoro now paying back?

Why are we not hearing from him again? Why is he now suing EFCC as he boasted while away?

Why is Deziani never step on Nigeria since she ran out of country?

Why is she not in court to defend $153b.

You need to wake up and don't let those useless politician use you as a political tools in the name of religion

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
maclatunji:
Share until the Christian leaders in particular read this.
"Christiansĺ arent the ones promoting all that hate against Islam. Generally, we are very tollerant and peace loving. The "Christians" promoting this are those from a particular tribe and do so because of the hate they have for the person of the president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
Corrinthians:
"Christiansĺ arent the ones promoting all that hate against Islam. Generally, we are very tollerant and peace loving. The "Christians" promoting this are those from a particular tribe and do so because of the hate they have for the person of the president.

I am personally not unmindful of this, and I have also been told the same by other people. The problem is these kind of people you describe become 'leaders' among Christians in Nigeria and poison their followers from all tribes across the country.

Some arguments we are getting from Christians in recent times never used to be made in the past and this is for the worse not the better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Corrinthians:
That's not true.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
adem30:

Guy I don't blame you because its very hard for this Generation youth to think for ourselves, we only depends on what our useless politicians tells us.

The law was made in 2011 yet your almighty Reno said your self acclaimed Hero does not sign it.

When was the so called chairman appointed and by who?

Was the so called Chairman a Muslim? And why no one talk about it when this was going on?

The same way your Gej never instructed Dasuki to share money meant for Military weapons yet so many are returning the said loots.

Guy, start to reason for yourself from an obvious reasons and stop worshiping all these useless politicians claiming born again Christians after loosing power.

Your senseless Reno sat there in abroad and talk rubbish everyday and you sit down here to swallow it.

The same way Obanikoro was boasting while he was in USA, latter came back to Nigeria and turn deaf and dumb when he was confronted with obvious evidence.

Why is Obanikoro now paying back?

Why are we not hearing from him again? Why is he now suing EFCC as he boasted while away?

Why is Deziani never step on Nigeria since she ran out of country?

Why is she not in court to defend $153b.

You need to wake up and don't let those useless politician use you as a political tools in the name of religion

Just shut up already!

You have spluttered enough saliva on my mention..
It's silly of you to continue to think that the brain dead bigoted stooge in Aso-Rock is fighting corruption...

Under his stupid watch kwashiokor is killing Nigerians in various IDP camps and his criminal paddy Babachir is cutting grass with hundreds of millions..

Peeps like you comment based on interests and when it isn't in your favor you feign mum.. I am not a religious person but cant stand Islam and Muslims especially ones claiming moderate..

APC criminals has achieved their dirty aim of removing discerning voice of opposition in Ayedepo and your bigoted soul bounce around threads defending them..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafran Man Locally Produces Microlight Aircraft / Breaking News: Zamfara State Governor Resigns as C. S. O. Amid Much Killings / How Nigeria's Economy Is Being Killed By Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.