Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court (9486 Views)

Drama As Acting President Osinbajo Arrives Port-Harcourt / "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo / Senate Orders Osinbajo To Remove Magu, Suspends Appointment Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by DONSMITH123(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ramon Oladimeji

A Lagos-based lawyer, Mr. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, on Monday approached the Federal High Court in Lagos seeking an order to stop Mr. Ibrahim Magu from further functioning as the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Adegboruwa, in the suit, is also seeking an order barring the Senate from reconsidering its refusal to confirm Magu as the substantive Chairman of the EFCC.

The lawyer argued that having been rejected by the Senate on December 15, 2016, it had become illegal for Magu to remain at the helms of the EFCC.

According to him, by remaining in office after his rejection by the Senate, Magu was violating Section 2 (3) of the EFCC Act.

Adegboruwa complained that despite being turned down by the Senate, Magu continued to parade himself as the EFCC boss and even met with representatives of the United States Embassy on January 6, 2017.

Adegboruwa is urging the court to restrain the Federal Government, the EFCC and all other authorities, from “recognising, treating or in any other manner dealing with Magu as the Chairman of the EFCC, either in acting or substantive capacity.”

He urged the court to declare Magu unfit and improper to head the EFCC, judging by “his conduct in office so far; his lifestyle and his arrogance to defy the decision of the Senate.”

“Magu is not a fit and proper person to function in office as chairman of EFCC,” Adegboruwa said.

He begged the court to not only order Magu to immediately vacate office but to also declare illegal, null and void all the criminal charges filed in by the EFCC against alleged looters since the day Magu was rejected by the Senate.

The court has yet to fix a date for the hearing of the case.‎

http://punchng.com/remove-magu-acting-efcc-chairman-adegboruwa-asks-court/

8 Likes

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by frenzydilz(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
Who the Lawyer be?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
too many charge and bail lawyer

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
frenzydilz:
Who the Lawyer be?

one charge and bail lawyer from lagos

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by SweetLove0(f): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by Ten12(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
I second the motion

5 Likes

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by sarrki(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
Baba will decide at due time

I believe in his judgment

He's a great man

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic Of Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by frenzydilz(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
OsusuMustFlow:

Lol...na the popularity ein dey find
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by DONSMITH123(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
He begged the court to not only order Magu to immediately vacate office but to also declare illegal, null and void all the criminal charges filed in by the EFCC against alleged looters since the day Magu was rejected by the Senate.

ADEGBORUWA lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by DONSMITH123(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
sarrki:

He's a great man

Baba is yet to say something. am sure he has a better plan for that post.
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by DONSMITH123(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
OsusuMustFlow:

bad mouth cheesy
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
frenzydilz:
Lol...na the popularity ein dey find

i dey tell you
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
DONSMITH123:

bad mouth cheesy

what i do?
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by stephnie1(f): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
who bi this one again?
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by stephnie1(f): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
sarrki:

He's a great man

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by DONSMITH123(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
lipsrsealed
OsusuMustFlow:

what i do?
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
wonder y Magu case dey peper them for bodi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by DONSMITH123(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
ok
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by voicelez: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
Magu the Mugu... APC has used and dumped you

3 Likes

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by Guyman02: 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
Magu cannot be removed because he has the BROOM on his doorpost. When Buhari sees the BROOM he will pass over you. grin

5 Likes

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by intercom: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
but why, I thought Magu is the only Saint in Nigeria.

PMB most clear the air

3 Likes

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by mccoy47(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
EFCC should beam their radar on Mr. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa. Cuz I believe he has been mobilized by one corrupt politician for the hatchet job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by three: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by Lifestone(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Magu is an Acting Chairman of EFCC and can only be removed by the person that puts him there which is PMB. I am sure that once Baba gets a suitable candidate, the guy is a goner.
Smart path to popularity from the lawyer.
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Question1 Who appointed Magu as EFCC chairman ? Answer : The President

Question2 Who presented Magu to the Senate for confirmation? Answer : The President

Question 3 Who wrote to the senate that Magu has integrity issue ? Answer : The DSS

Question 4 Who does the DSS reports to? Answer : The President

Who should be blamed for the non confirmation of Magu? Answer......................................

I wondered why Nigerians are so blinded by political and ethnic afflation to the extent that they no longer do critical thinking before they respond to issues.
The fact is that the Presidency played into the hands of the senate, by messing up the confirmation of Magu. The President can re-present Magu for confirmation by the Senate if Magu is officially exonerated from the integrity issues raised by the DSS. The confirmation of Magu is in the hand of the presidency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by Enemyofpeace: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
frenzydilz:
Who the Lawyer be?
na one bishop afonja pikin

1 Like

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by airminem(f): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
Trump Is Baba Sharp Sharp
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by Amiano(m): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
The Hunter is now being hunted, EFCC lost d case aganist dis guy now he is back for Magu.

1 Like

Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by AntiWailer: 3:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
because he is trying his client (Tompolo)

He is defending Tompolo against all corruption charges against him by EFCC. He also has a case with EFCC. If this goes through, I am sure next EFCC chairman will be grateful wink

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/10/efcc-arrests-tompolos-lawyer-ebun-olu-adegboruwa/

http://pulse.ng/local/ebun-olu-adegboruwa-efcc-arrests-tompolo-s-lawyer-over-n61m-fraud-allegation-id5018610.html

I guess his letter against Adeboye is already back firing. He is now trying destruction by force.
Re: Remove Magu As Acting EFCC Chairman, Adegboruwa Asks Court by czaratwork: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
ignorance is dangerous, which part of nigeria do you live that you dont know ebun? he worked for gani for several years and is following his steps.
OsusuMustFlow:
too many charge and bail lawyer

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keyamo Criticises Jonathan, Obasanjo, Saraki / Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. / Femi Hamzat’s Son Joins Obidient Rally In Lagos - (Lagos Deputy Governor’s Son).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.