Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help (939 Views)

Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / My Honda Accord Vibrate/jerk When Entering First/second Gear And Reverse / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by byteem: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Please i need some advice with my highlander 4wd.. when shifting from 2 to 3 .. it delays then shifts with a thump like something is holding it back.. it drives fine and doesn't drag but its quite uncomfortable..

my mec says the 4wd drive system(Auxillary ) has crashed and needs to be replaced but i need some expert opinion on this.. in this buhari season it helps to be certain
Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by Kashif(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
So your 4wd drive system only acts up at 2 to 3? Mind not that mechanic. What year and engine is your HL?

1 Like

Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by byteem: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Kashif:
So your 4wd drive system only acts up at 2 to 3? Mind not that mechanic. What year and engine is your HL?

ITS AN 05 .. AND ITS AN HIGHLANDER ENGINE .. 4 WHEEL..... WITH AN AXLE..
Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by kingreign(m): 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
byteem:

ITS AN 05 .. AND ITS AN HIGHLANDER ENGINE .. 4 WHEEL..... WITH AN AXLE..

Stop writing in caps lock, its generally thought as a rude manner or you shouting.
As for your car, scan the ride. And post results here.

2 Likes

Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by mayor2013: 11:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Scan the ride and post result here. When last did you do a transmission fluid change, if recently I hope it wasn't palm oil that was poured inside?
Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by RZArecta(m): 12:04am On Jan 17, 2017
Kashif:
grin na wa o, you know if Oga Kazeem is trying to solve children's school fees and his house rent issues with op's ride

Op please scan first to avoid stories that touch the heart in this economy
Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by byteem: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2017
mayor2013:
Scan the ride and post result here. When last did you do a transmission fluid change, if recently I hope it wasn't palm oil that was poured inside?

IT WASNT PALM OIL SIR IT WAS T4.. CHANGED THE FILTERS TOO.. I GUESS IL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR A SCAN FIRST... THANKS
Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by mayor2013: 10:46am On Jan 17, 2017
byteem:

IT WASNT PALM OIL SIR IT WAS T4.. CHANGED THE FILTERS TOO.. I GUESS IL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR A SCAN FIRST... THANKS

Ok good then run a scan. If you are in lagos come in for a free scan/diagnosis ends by 5pm tomorrow
Re: Highlander 05 Delayed Shift And Jerk From 2 To 3 ..help by Kashif(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2017
kingreign:

Stop writing in caps lock, its generally thought as a rude manner or you shouting.
As for your car, scan the ride. And post results here.

byteem:

Obviously cannot help it. Enjoy!

(1) (Reply)

My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R / The New Tesla Model 3 Will Drive 1,000,000 Miles Before You Service It / Check Out This Car For Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.