Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls (1275 Views)

I Seriously Want To Learn CSS, HTML, Python And Javascript / I Seriously Need Election App. / I Seriously Want To Buy Your Existing Apple App Off You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by geniuswords(m): 10:41am On Jan 17, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]pls guys i want to learn computer programming and other computer stuffs.......am a novice on the stuff but u hav love 4 it.i believe i will do suberb on it if am being rightly tutored... help me out pls
Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by tokzy205(m): 10:53am On Jan 17, 2017
Google w3schools, they will help u in starting From d scratch
Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by linkdan: 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
Why do you want to be a programmer? I hope is not because of money

1 Like

Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by Craigston: 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
Computer Programming does not exist in isolation. Like any other discipline, it depends on many other fields of study. If done just for its sake, it yields fun at best. It's usefulness, like any other pursuit, lies in solving human problems.
If you're interested in it just for the fascination and the 'cool factor', then your learning path will be different from one who is interested in the engineering aspects.
If your fascination is a result of the media blitz on the Tech industry, you should think deeper.
See this article for some information: [url=norvig.com/21-days.html]Teach Yourself Programming in Ten
Years
Peter Norvig[/url]
Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by geniuswords(m): 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
tnks guys
Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by geniuswords(m): 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
linkdan:
no not at all
Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by asalimpo(m): 12:45am On Jan 18, 2017
linkdan:

Actually, Many people study courses because of the money, get good at it, make the money. Retire early and
go do something else. Would you rather make $250k/ doing something you hate or make $30-50k doing somethiing you absolutely love?! For some people,they could get to like what you hate if the pay is big enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
whyis it that anytime someone wants to learn programming, he is always directed to w3schools as if he asked to learn web development?
Bro it depends on where you want to focus on in programming, just define your goals and google materials to help you achieve them

1 Like

Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
Craigston:
Computer Programming does not exist in isolation. Like any other discipline, it depends on many other fields of study. If done just for its sake, it yields fun at best. It's usefulness, like any other pursuit, lies in solving human problems.
If you're interested in it just for the fascination and the 'cool factor', then your learning path will be different from one who is interested in the engineering aspects.
If your fascination is a result of the media blitz on the Tech industry, you should think deeper.
See this article for some information: [url=norvig.com/21-days.html]Teach Yourself Programming in Ten
Years
Peter Norvig[/url]
Man this link is gold.. I read this everytime I feel bad about much stuff I don't know.

1 Like

Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by Craigston: 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jregz:

Man this link is gold.. I read this everytime I feel bad about much stuff I don't know.
Yeah, it helps me relax, knowing there's no good in trying to rush or fake it. I'll just keep exploring with as much zeal as I can put on. Looking back now, I find that I've understood more over the past few months than I had over longer periods before. I might slow down when I get into new territory, but I'm making progress still.
Re: I Seriously Want To Be A Programmer....i Need Help Pls by tokzy205(m): 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
nelsonchrisx:
whyis it that anytime someone wants to learn programming, he is always directed to w3schools as if he asked to learn web development?
Bro it depends on where you want to focus on in programming, just define your goals and google materials to help you achieve them

Bros, w3schools is not only about web dev, get ur facts right before jumping to conclusions,
http://www.w3schools.in/.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Can Build Any Of Your Final Year Project / For Lovers Of Bluetooth / Yes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.