Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. (1714 Views)

Highlander 2005/2006 And Timing Belt / 5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car / 8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hi guys, It is my first post here. I need help as per locating competent mechanics in Ibadan capable of fixing the timing belt for my Volvo Xc90. I have procured the Belt, water pump and other required bits and have shipped it home already, I just need to drive down to any competent mechanic. I have this believe (perhaps erroneous assumption) that if I showed an experienced old-school mechanic You Tube videos, he might get an idea of what he has to do- since he is not going per se into the engine. I am not afraid of using hi-tech places too, I am willing to pay, not just have anyone who will complicate otherwise simple procedures. Kindly give suggestions and advices please.Thanks
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
I see people viewing....... I would appreciate any thoughts and contributions especially from folks who live, frequent or have folks in Ibadan.Thanks
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by depair: 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ask for owolabi behind D rovans hotel here is his contact 08067276245
Revert back to me if you get in touch
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
depair:
Ask for owolabi behind D rovans hotel here is his contact 08067276245

Revert back to me if you get in touch

Many thanks, depair, I appreciate.

I also welcome more suggestions, especially around the North of the city as I live in Akobo.
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by depair: 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
Kasimeme:

I also welcome more suggestions, especially around the North of the city as I live in Akobo.

i stay around old ife road but i use him for my repair but diagnose myself
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by depair: 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
Kasimeme:

i stay around old ife road but i use him for my repair but diagnose myself

hope you have call him
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks depair, no, I have not called him as I am not on ground as yet. I would do so once I get home and if you live in Ife Road and can go down to ring road to see him, I suppose I do not have much excuse as well. cheesy
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by charlie44nike: 4:16am On Jan 18, 2017
If it's not done well, call Dogo on 08178302848, 07030173748. He's in Lagos, but he can come to Ibadan if u can pay. He works on my car and he fixes timing belt like a baby sucking nippled
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2017
charlie44nike:
If it's not done well, call Dogo on 08178302848, 07030173748. He's in Lagos, but he can come to Ibadan if u can pay. He works on my car and he fixes timing belt like a baby sucking nippled

Hi Charlie44nike, thanks for contributing. I am grateful. However, your post got me giggling! I would rather have it sorted first time. The issue with the XC90 (and perhaps some other cars as well) is that rather than have the timing belt in the frontal part of the vehicle for easy access, Volvo in their infinite wisdom decided to put it at the rear.

This Dogo guy, do you have a "guesstimate" of what it might cost me to import him to Ibadan, please?

Thanks again.
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by charlie44nike: 1:59am On Jan 25, 2017
I don't know how much it will cost, but his transport no suppose pass 3 to 5k na. But just call him and talk price, I no fit talk for am. But d guy Sabi work...so far say na Volvo, call him.

Kasimeme:

Hi Charlie44nike, thanks for contributing. I am grateful. However, your post got me giggling! I would rather have it sorted first time. The issue with the XC90 (and perhaps some other cars as well) is that rather than have the timing belt in the frontal part of the vehicle for easy access, Volvo in their infinite wisdom decided to put it at the rear.

This Dogo guy, do you have a "guesstimate" of what it might cost me to import him to Ibadan, please?

Thanks again.
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2017
charlie44nike:
I don't know how much it will cost, but his transport no suppose pass 3 to 5k na. But just call him and talk price, I no fit talk for am. But d guy Sabi work...so far say na Volvo, call him.

Thanks a lot. I would call him, that quote for transport is within reason. Appreciated.
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by depair: 11:26am On Jan 25, 2017
did you get across to the guy behind D Rovans cos i was at his workshop on monday
Re: Volvo XC90: Where To Locate A Capable Mechanic In Ibadan To Change Timing Belt. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
depair:
did you get across to the guy behind D Rovans cos i was at his workshop on monday

Hi depair, I am going to be home in the later part of February. I do not want to just call him when I am not on ground. I have all his details and I have had someone check his workshop out already, so I know how to get there and assess him when I am on ground. Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Latest Cars In Nigeria: 2018 BMW M5 / 2007 MERCEDES-BENZ CLS-CLASS CLS550 - Mileage (118,362) - Auction In 1day / New Volvo's 6.6 Tonnes Armoured Military Vehicle Can Drive Sideways Like A Crab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.