Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe (15812 Views)

Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia / Buratai Pledges Deployment Of Soldiers To Benue Over Grazing Law / Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill (2) (3) (4)

How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
By Chinonso Alozie

Owerri—A lawmaker in Imo State House of Assembly, Mrs. Uju Onwudiwe, yesterday, said she survived the threats from pro-Biafra agitators over the controversial “grazing bill” after she explained the motive of the bill to them.

The lawmaker revealed this, in Owerri while fielding questions from Vanguard.

Onwudiwe, who represents Njaba state constituency, said the bill was to establish ‘mechanized agricultural estate and farm settlement’ and that it was not a grazing bill as people called it.

She said: “After we have met with stakeholders and technocrats, we changed the word from settlement to cluster.”

She also revealed to Vanguard that a public hearing on the bill will take place when the Imo State House of Assembly commences activities for the year. ”It will be announced for everybody to attend,” she added.

Explaining her ordeal to Vanguard, she said: “My most challenging moment as a lawmaker was when I brought the bill on Mechanized Agricultural Estate and Farm settlement and people tagged it grazing bill. I stood firm because it was for the credit of our people.

“I received threats from many people including the Biafra agitators. They were bitter. They said I was bringing a grazing bill to Imo state, they were not happy because Fulani herdsmen were killing people.”

It was her view that, at the end the the saga, the negative impression which the bill created brought her positivity.

“At the end,the bill turns out to be a credit to me but it started negatively. We explained to people and they understood us. Today, they are calling us to know when the public hearing on the bill will commence.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/survived-attacks-biafrans-grazing-bill-imo-lawmaker/

[img]https://4.bp..com/-50VLV7Zzphk/V02rf3gQPWI/AAAAAAAACPU/UAB2egigNPMJr-kaEY6F1BxRQvp1dmEMwCLcB/s320/Njaba%2BState%2Bconstituency%252C%2BUju%2BOnwudiwe.png[/img]

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by midol: 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thank you Hon. Uju Onwudiwe, We yoruba muslims now consider you greater than Awolowo for standing against Pro-Biafrans... grin

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Atleast if such bill is approved,it will serve as a new source of revenue for the state.kudos woman.

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Pwayne2016(m): 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
midol:
Thank you Hon. Uju Onwudiwe, We yoruba muslims now consider you greater than Awolowo for standing against Pro-Biafrans.... grin
lol she is 10 times greater than the Afonja Coward...Awolowo

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by prince9851(m): 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
mtchew
trash

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by nony43(m): 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
H
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Janetessy(f): 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
Even goats will marvel at her stupidity index

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Deathslater: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
Attention seeker.

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Yandomy: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
really
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by tamsel(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Till then.
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by orimsamsam(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
midol:
Thank you Hon. Uju Onwudiwe, We yoruba muslims now consider you greater than Awolowo for standing against Pro-Biafrans... grin
how does it feel to be flat headed

Pwayne2016:
lol she is 10 is Ten times greater than the Afonja Coward...Awolowo
lolz. Another flat head

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by wtfCode: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
She should shut the fvck up,that ain't biafra agitators.

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by chrisxxx(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
We are ready for whichever name the bill might be known as provided that the area of the mechanised farm would be carved out as an LGA. This is the stand of my community.
If Hausa/Fulani agrees with this give and take arrangement, let them have the land.
I wish all other Southern states could queue into this.
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by LastSurvivor11: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
Biafrans have no chill for anything that will relate them with people who have zero value for human lives..

I min dullardihio brothers them that walk about with AK 47 without being in the military nor NPF..

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Effini: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
Deathslater:
Attention seeker.
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by gbegemaster(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Madam you are a traitor. You just want Buhari to be proud of you. How many of your own farmers have you helped to get mechanised farming?

Meanwhile, well meaning members of the state have raised their concerns only for you to tag them as biafrans. Wetin you come be? Afenifere?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Who cares what they do to you.

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
My gf sister wink

Nee Okeke... pretty lady she is...
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2017

30 Likes

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by NetBizguy: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Well I wanted to use this space to bad mouth you the remaining until I read it wasn't grazing bill.. any issue relating to grazing in our zone must be explicitly explained or not mentioned at all because those Fulani animal are not suppose to come to anyone let alone allowing their cow..

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by wellmax(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
I miss those days when I used to work at the Zoo.
My boss fired me just because I left the lion's gate open.
I mean who would steal a Lion.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by dikeigbo2(m): 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mechanized farming.. grin grin grin. ...these people and their elephant projects...chaiii its better said than done.
Politicians una toooo much
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by tammie24: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
D
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by obailala(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lol.. next time the points in the bill should be articulated more clearly, cos a of of boys have since lost their minds since last year's election; and the grazing bill proponents can't be trusted. In fact some of the 'lost minds' are already on this thread still throwing jabs at the woman probably without reading the report grin
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by nnachukz(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
People unknowingly and indirectly attracting attack to themselves in the name of seeking political relevance and attention.
Continue. When they visit you, you will know the difference.
Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Guyman02: 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
Who will be rearing the cattle and do mechanized farming there, is it the people of Imo State or just a ploy by Rochas to please the Caliphate who gave him a traditional title by creating a grazing for Fulani herdsmen?
We shall see, bring it to a public so that everyone will know the intention, for now it is still political statements

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
This woman is the very definition of a "useful id!0t"
Imagine her bragging that she stood her ground to explain what the bill was not.

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by tammie24: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
And when they start killing your people just know you are responsible

Bills like that should b taken to the north and not anywhere in the south

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by tammie24: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Pwayne2016:
lol she is 10 times greater than the Afonja Coward...Awolowo
no

Ojukwu is the bigger coward

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Deathslater: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
Effini:
And so? undecided
Effini:
Mtcheew

Re: How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe by Nwaonyeocha: 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
If the bill is for agriculture and it has the benefits of the people of Imo state, it will receive all necessary approval.
But woe unto you if you try to sneak in any contrary idea into the bill - I trust Imo people, they will wear black for you.

Mean while, such an idea is over due. The farm lands in Imo is laying waste even when they are quite fertile. We can help make the dream a reality by a synergy with www.monroleglobal.com

irepnaija4eva:
By Chinonso Alozie

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/survived-attacks-biafrans-grazing-bill-imo-lawmaker/

[img]https://4.bp..com/-50VLV7Zzphk/V02rf3gQPWI/AAAAAAAACPU/UAB2egigNPMJr-kaEY6F1BxRQvp1dmEMwCLcB/s320/Njaba%2BState%2Bconstituency%252C%2BUju%2BOnwudiwe.png[/img]

Court Of Appeal Orders Continuation Of Dino Melaye’s Recall From The Senate / Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. / Festus Keyamo: "Allegations Against Tinubu Merely Storm In A Tea Cup"