Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council (1901 Views)

Arrest For Hate Speech: Arewa Youth Council Gives Gov. Masari 48 Hours Ultimatum / Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) / Tonyebarcanista,Members Of ECOWAS Youth Council Meet Malaysian Ambassador To NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
A LETTER OF APPEAL TO PRESIDENT YAHAYA JAMMEH

His Excellency,
Sheikh Professor Alhaji Dr. Yahya A.J.J. Jammeh Babili Mansa"
President of Republic of The Gambia,
PMB State House, Banjul
Marina Parade
The Gambia, West Africa

Dear President Jammeh,

APPEAL FOR A PEACEFUL TRANSITION OF POWER TO THE PRESIDENT-ELECT OF THE GAMBIA.

Following the announcement by the Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission that, you lost the 1st December, 2016 Presidential elections to your main challenger, Adama Barrow, you made an historic concession speech which made the whole world to have a very different view about you, a view which you will still be entitled to if you do the needful.

However we were shocked to learn you later changed your mind to disagree with the result on the grounds of faulty calculations of the final figures.

Mr. President, each time we listen to your concession speech on radio, we feel that was the right thing and the best thing to happen to Gambia. That speech was a master piece that was meant to set Gambia on a new high politically, with the propensity to have a positive effect on the West African sub region. You were already set to write your name in gold as a beacon of hope for democracy in West Africa and still can be.

Mr. President, after twenty-two (22) years in office, we are sure you have made your mark - an indelible one, in the sands of time, in the affairs of things in Gambia and West Africa. No doubt, that the twenty two years have created both friends and foes for you, nevertheless it’s a long time enough for one man to create all the impact the Gambian people - his people, need to move ahead stronger in solidarity and peace.

Several West African heads of states have traveled to meet with you with the aim of talking you into stepping down, this however doesn’t seem to be working. Youths all over West Africa have also been making pleas to you to step down, through various means, but all falling on deaf ears. Dear President, we hope all these pleads from leaders, youths and relevant stake holders will eventually resonate with you and give you have a change of heart, to hand over peacefully, for the greater good of your people.

President John Dramani Mahama of Ghana recently lost and handed over to Nana Akufo-Addo, President Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma of Sierra Leone is expected to leave office in February 2018. Goodluck Jonathan also lost in Nigeria’s general election and handed over peacefully. These actions have further endeared these mentioned leaders to the hearts and minds of Africans and others in the world. You stand to gain more handing over to President-elect Adama Barrow peacefully, Sir. You are assured of more respect and adoration all over the world if you handover peacefully, as promised by you in your concession speech earlier.

The youths of West Africa, led by ECOWAS Youth Council, is bringing it to your notice today that all those urging you to stay on against the people’s will, do not mean well for you and your dear Gambia. ECOWAS Youth Council like every other group and associations in West Africa urge you to peacefully hand over and continue with a life of respect and dignity as being enjoyed by Olusegun Obasanjo, John Agyekum Kufuor, Goodluck Jonathan, John Jerry Rawlings and others who once upon a time, had to hand over the Presidency to a new President-elect. This same action is what endeared Nelson Mandela to millions of hearts worldwide. Do not miss this golden opportunity to leave a lasting legacy and set the stage for an enduring democracy in The Gambia.

Mr. President, its certain that you will no longer be in a position to lead The Gambia peacefully and legitimately after January 18, 2017 - this is already evident in the fact that African Union has decided to withdraw your legitimacy after the above date, this is also in addition to the fact that ECOWAS is putting up a regional force to ensure the transfer of power is decided by Gambians. Gambia can be spared of this looming catastrophe, and you hold the key to avoiding it. Mr. President Sir, think of the thousands of Gambians that will be displaced, think of the thousands that will be caught in the cross fire, think of the hardship your dearly beloved people will go through, will your further stay in power be worth all the terrible things your people will go through? Are you ready to live with the knowledge that your actions brought your country to ruins, a country you have tried to build for 22 good years, what will be your benefit if Gambia is made to be like Syria, Libya, Iraq or Afghanistan. This is the time to listen to the youths of West Africa and to your people. This is the time to listen to the mothers and children of Gambia - the very people you have worked all these years for.

It’s clear that even the Almighty Allah has destined it that you live and live peacefully, to do otherwise will be to go against the people, remember the voice of the people is the voice of Allah. As a devoted Muslim, you will not go against the will of Allah. Allah destined you to rule your country peacefully for twenty-two years, you can’t ask for anything better than that from Allah! Honor Almighty Allah and do his bidding by following the voice of the people to leave now and peacefully.

ECOWAS has resolved to take military action if you don’t leave by the date, United Nations, African Union, Common Wealth, All international Organizations and countries including Saudi Arabia has encouraged you to leave, it’s clear that you stand to gain more by leaving than striving for a short period to stay on.

ECOWAS Youth Council will like and be happy to see a beautiful Gambia peacefully emerge from all these with you solidly writing your name in gold and joining the leagues of elite African leaders and statesmen championing the cause of democracy in Africa.

Mr. President, we hope to end this letter by asking you to keep a copy as a testament that we in ECOWAS Youth Council on behalf of all West Africa Youths, especially Gambian Youths, solicited your peaceful hand over which will have two attendant outcomes respectively if you accept our plea or not; (a) Handover peacefully on agreed date and be part of a historic event (b) Refuse to handover and have the ECOMOG use force with the full backing of the international community. We prefer the first to the latter, hence we are make a last minute call to you to spare Gambia, from this impending doom.

Thank you Mr. President! May you think and act wisely in the interest of the people of The Gambia.

Accept, Dear President, the assurance of our highest consideration.

Regards,

Amb. Seun O.E William
President,
On behalf of ECOWAS Youth Council.

Shared on Palmchat
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by BeClever: 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
This man doesn't know how Nigeria F-herdsmen love seeing people dead..

Buhari and Hellrufire has already paid the batch that would be dispatched to Gambia..

This is how they would finally share his meat if he refuses to do the needful and peacefully too..

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by sarrki(m): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jameh will be disgraced out of office

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
sarrki:
Jameh will be disgraced out of office
He is an slowpoke. He must leave whether he likes it or not.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by BeClever: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

But this is more of a threat than an appeal..

I honestly would love to see the man stand his ground, let's see how his story tragically ends..
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Fedayeen02: 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
Chai this guy has not condemned the killings in Southern Kaduna rather he is forming Ecowas Youth

Who do you this thing my man

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Fedayeen02: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Fedayeen02: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
shocked
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Islamicpope(m): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jammeh your doom days is already numbered. I would have loved to CAPTURE and INTERVIEW U personally.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
I Hope And Pray His Obstinate Heartedness Does Not Bring Ruin To Gambia
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
BeClever:

But this is more of a threat than an appeal..

I honestly would love to see the man stand his ground, let's see how his story tragically ends..
No time to massage his ego. He must go
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Anago5000: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Tonyebarcanister trying to be relevant since 1880.attaching frm one organisation to another yet he remains wretchedly poor . guy wake up frm ur slumber and hustle.stop seeking for cheap popularity shm

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Anago5000: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Chai this guy has not condemned the killings in Southern Kaduna rather he is forming Ecowas Youth

Who do you this thing my man
you dont know hw much i 8 that guy.the other day we saw how wretchedly improvished the guy is. typical person.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Fedayeen02: 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
Anago5000:
you dont know hw much i 8 that guy.the other day we saw how wretchedly improvished the guy is. typical person.
Don't hate him rather continue to call him out for his numerous own goal

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Funlordjnr: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jammeh don finally jam!

grin
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Emycord: 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Anago5000:
you mean you ate tonyebarcameleon ? I do too tot i was a lone ranger

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Emycord: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
Anago5000:
Tonyebarcanister trying to be relevant since 1880.attaching frm one organisation to another yet he remains wretchedly poor . guy wake up frm ur slumber and hustle.stop seeking for cheap popularity shm
point of correction its tonyebarcameleon

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Emycord: 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Don't hate him rather continue to call him out for his numerous own goal
be careful o its tonyebarcameleon ur talking about
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by BeClever: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Anago5000:

But the OP is not the author of the letter..
Go back and read again..

He is just taking a stand on the issue.. You can have your own say on the matter just like he is doing..

I don't like him though..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
^^^

Seems many people don't like me, but they can't help but comment on my threads....

Funny enough, I don't like myself either cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by sarrki(m): 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Yes ooh
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by sarrki(m): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
^^^

Seems many people don't like me, but they can't help but comment on my threads....

You are a patriot

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by alcmene: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
^^^

Very arrogant and unstable young man.

Put off the fire in your house before forming whatever.

You can go ahead to report me for thats the only thing you are known for.....apari

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
sarrki:

You are a patriot
Let the IPOD keep hating tho....

Thanks boss, but you no call me for New Year rice

2 Likes

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Fedayeen02: 7:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Emycord:
be careful o its tonyebarcameleon ur talking about
That guy that don't know the road to drycleaner or barber undecided
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

will u shut up and leave ipob out of ur stupid life

Camelon sad angry
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

you are just an ijaw tout a mere ijaw tout
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by ThankGodEdeh(m): 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
I wish the "Youth Council" can write this letter to Buhari who have failed to obey judgements passed by ECOWAS court.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by engineerboat(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Barca this, barca that, yet you poeple wont stop running up and down his thread.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by engineerboat(m): 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
ThankGodEdeh:
I wish the "Youth Council" can write this letter to Buhari who have failed to obey judgements passed by ECOWAS court.

You can do better by showing us the one you write to PMB
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by engineerboat(m): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fedayeen02:
That guy that don't know the road to drycleaner or barber undecided

Are you a drycleaner or barber
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council by engineerboat(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
In as much as I want Yahya Jammeh to go,

I will not also support PMB who is currently dosobeying the Same ECOWAS court in his own country. NIGERIA. To be on that Mediation team in the first instance talkless of leading the team. Its a bad Market

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easter Celebration: Gov. Udom Vs President Obama Photo / Worst Governor In Southern Nigeria / Solve This Math And Win Five Thousand Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.