Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

"I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story (872 Views)

Disgrace! Husband & Wife Fight In Public, Exchange Blows. Wife Wins? (Pix Video) / US Army Veteran, Chuks Okebata Killed In Imo State Buried Amidst Tears / Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by ELLAOLOLADE(f): 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ever since a video emerged on Facebook showing late Chuks Okebata and his wife engaged in a war of words after which she called the cops on him, people have been accusing Chuks' wife of having a hand in his death.

Chuks' wife has reacted to the damaging videos making the rounds by telling her side of the story. According to her, she called the cops on her husband for her own safety because Chuks constantly subjected her to physical abuse.

Read her story as told to Amanda Chisom below;

"My own side of the story

Amanda , I once came to you about my husband and his incessant abuse and cheating. Yes I am the wife of the man who was assassinated, and I am just distraught. I do not even know where to start but it is only right I tell my own side of the story. I am innocent, God is my witness that I did not kill my husband or the evil that my husband’s family is portraying me to be, yes my sister in-law posted that video to make me look evil but the part she did not tell anybody was that I was calling the police to save me because he always beat me up and I was told to call the police whenever he started and that was exactly what I was doing, from the video you would see that I did not fight him or answered him. Should I have allowed him to kill me?

Amanda, we have been married for 13 years since I was 19, it has been beating upon beating, I have gone through surgeries because of beating he gave me. How can I kill my husband, we live together, till the day he left for Nigeria, I packed his things , how could I kill him. Who do I know to order a hit on the father of my children? I have no interest in his properties as suggested after all we built every thing together. God knows I am innocent. He went to Nigeria and was going to club spraying dollars and showing off, revealing his locations . They want to pin my husband’s death on me, my husband was not assassinated. He was kidnapped, because he is a military man he is always with a gun and when he shot to death one of thekidnappers,they shot him. Why is my family leaving out information about what happened and pinning it on me?

I never threatened him to kill him, I am a working woman with a paying job and have no reason to kill him because of properties . All I just want is peace to mourn and raise my children. You can confirm my story from those people in my home town. My husband was careless in a country with high rate of crime and was kidnapped, if he had not shot one of the robbers all we would have been talking about is paying ransom not death. Amanda why would I kill the father of my kids, why would I choose his death over a divorce if things were that bad. I have two boys, who will help me raise them? I am completely innocent of all the allegations. I have endured all this years through his beating and cheating and I did not leave or kill him, why would I do it now? All I ask is that I am left to mourn in peace and the killers found and prosecuted.

Nne biko help me

I’m an innocent victim here

I love my husband and I’m still in tears

I’m mourning him and people are accusing them wrongly.My children are crying daily."

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
cool
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by DTOBS(m): 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
Dis is heartbreaking...
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Nice story line. I saw the video on Facebook. Even it's true that you did not kill him(which of course I believe you can't because he's the father of your kids), that video will never let you go. I was just smh when i saw it on Facebook and yes, my fear of getting married increased when I saw it.

What happened to the kiss, the romance and the great sex that produced those wonderful kids .

I pray you come out clean
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by LecciGucci: 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
Rip to him.
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by LecciGucci: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
I blive the woman is innocent.

Even before reading this i suspected the might hav fought with them befor they killed him.
His ego being a millitary man in US for that matter wont let him keep calm. angry.. rip

Sorry madam i bliv ur story. God help u.

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
HateU2:
Nice story line. I saw the video on Facebook. Even it's true that you did not kill him(which of course I believe you can't because he's the father of your kids), that video will never let you go. I was just smh when i saw it on Facebook and yes, my fear of getting married increased when I saw it.

What happened to the kiss, the romance and the great sex that produced those wonderful kids .

I pray you come out clean

Maturity means being able to consistently handle what comes your way.

There is never a marriage that will not have problems so if you plan to be married someday then your real fear should be not growing. (Mature)

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
onirugbon:

Maturity means being able to consistently handle what comes your way.

There is never a marriage that will not have problems so if you plan to be married someday then your real fear should be not growing. (Mature)
Yeah, well maybe you are right but you know sometimes, you just get tired and can't take it anymore.
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2017
HateU2:
Yeah, well maybe you are right but you know sometimes, you just get tired and can't take it anymore.

I know. Your best bet is to get married to a 'friend' you have known/courted for a quite a considerably long time.....whose 'handle' you know how to operate.

Rather than one obscure 'handsome or rich' guy you met in 3 months, dated, Infatuate about, fell for suddenly and decieve yourself into thinking he is complete enough for you and all you dream of. And you tell yourself 'This is right'. When in a soon to be found reality, you are poles apart.

There is no such thing as a 'Dream man' if you want to be safe. Marry a 'friend'

Marriage really isn't a funfair or a party.

People just feel an initial excitement and emotion because they are doing it for 'the first time' with that person and when that clears off (Could take years, months or days) what would sustain you to the end is how much of a friendship/companionship you guys have built.

Its the same idea with your brother. No matter the height of quarrel or malice, you know deep inside you that you cannot disown him or cut him off or even harm him because there is an unconscious 'family bond' you feel with him. So no matter what, even at a time you are not happy with him you still 'know' he is your brother. That is the idea.

Conclusion: Marry your friend. And there's a guaranteed 80% success in marriage. We don't find that around these days. We find people marrying 'Dream man' or 'Ideal man' or marrying out of infatuation.
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Ishilove: 10:19am On Jan 18, 2017
Quite sad
Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Timelezz: 10:40am On Jan 18, 2017
Men who beat women especially their wives habitually are little insecure monsters and cowards.

The East should not make it a culture of estranging their sons' wives during death by unsubstantiated accusations just to confiscate and convert properties

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Kill My Husband" Wife Of Chuks Okebata Reveals Her Side Of The Story by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
onirugbon:

I know. Your best bet is to get married to a 'friend' you have known/courted for a quite a considerably long time.....whose 'handle' you know how to operate.

Rather than one obscure 'handsome or rich' guy you met in 3 months, dated, Infatuate about, fell for suddenly and decieve yourself into thinking he is complete enough for you and all you dream of. And you tell yourself 'This is right'. When in a soon to be found reality, you are poles apart.

There is no such thing as a 'Dream man' if you want to be safe. Marry a 'friend'

Marriage really isn't a funfair or a party.

People just feel an initial excitement and emotion because they are doing it for 'the first time' with that person and when that clears off (Could take years, months or days) what would sustain you to the end is how much of a friendship/companionship you guys have built.

Its the same idea with your brother. No matter the height of quarrel or malice, you know deep inside you that you cannot disown him or cut him off or even harm him because there is an unconscious 'family bond' you feel with him. So no matter what, even at a time you are not happy with him you still 'know' he is your brother. That is the idea.

Conclusion: Marry your friend. And there's a guaranteed 80% success in marriage. We don't find that around these days. We find people marrying 'Dream man' or 'Ideal man' or marrying out of infatuation.
nice one. You are on point wink

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Mosquitoes Attracted To Our Ears?? / Cheap Painless Ear Piercing Unit For Babies And Adults / My Parent Punched Me; Should I Retaliate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.