Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response (10044 Views)

My Street Response to Abuja Covid 19 Lockdown (photos) / Air Peace's Response To Joe Igbokwe's Post - Read Full Response / Azman Air Makes Emergency Landing After Passenger Started A Fire In Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by AutoJoshNG: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Tuesday said it would install 13,000 Closed Circuit Television cameras at major flashpoints across the state to boost its operations.

According to a statement issued by Adebayo Kehinde, LASEMA’s head of Public Affairs Unit, the move is part of efforts by the state government to improve the impact of emergency and disaster management in the state through effective and efficient response system.

The government also plans to step up a Monitoring and Surveillance Unit and establish additional dispatch centres across the state, the statement added.

Adesina Tiamiyu, General Manager of LASEMA, said the 13,000 CCTV cameras would complement the emergency call numbers as analysts could adequately monitor activities from the Command and Control Centres across the State.

“These combined efforts can only make Lagos safer,” Mr. Tiamiyu said.

The LASEMA boss disclosed further that Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has approved the establishment of three dispatch centres at Lekki, Ikorodu Road and Badagry, noting that it would complement the existing dispatch points located at the LASEMA Response Unit, Cappa, Oshodi, and the Command and Control Centre, Alausa.

Mr. Adesina said the agency is stepping up the activities of its Monitoring and Surveillance Unit in preventing unnecessary loss of lives and properties in the State.

“The operation will include monitoring and surveillance activities in domestic, industrial and public facilities in the State which is a paradigm shift from the orthodox strategy of waiting for emergency to occur and then respond,” he said.

Mr. Tiamiyu, however, reiterated the need for the public to partner with the government in mitigating, preventing and consequently reducing hazards, risks and vulnerability in the state.

He added that distress calls on emerging hazards and risks be relayed to the agency through the toll free line 112/767, for prompt intervention.

https://autojosh.com/cctv-cameras/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Eleniyan15: 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
nice one I just hope ambode won't scam us with this, the CCTV should be install strategic location not just install but it should serve it purpose we Nigerians know how to do new things but to maintain it, it a problem. Streetlights after how many weeks some will stop functioning anyways keep it up my governor

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile somewhere in Ajegunle...

Awon Daleru daleru: Egbon buy camera here, original camera e dey work for morning e dey work for night even for harmattan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Vanpascore(m): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Keep it up Ambode. I think Buhari needs this man more.
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

nwoke oma @unclezuma.....happy new year and easter

common christmax u no do for me....y
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by makavele: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
lol
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by labbyk(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
Omo this ambode just wan turn Lagos to USA ni shaa.. .

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by maxwelloweezy(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
AMBODE
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Godprotectigbo2:
grin grin grin grin grin
nwoke oma @unclezuma.....happy new year and easter

This ya hiatus no be here ooo...nah 45years ban dem knack you?
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by taofeek11(m): 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
I hope they maintain it well, because Nigerians and lack of maintainance are like identical twin
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
unclezuma:

This ya hiatus no be here ooo...nah 45years ban dem knack you?

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
Godprotectigbo2:

Ò tè go nu...
Happy New Year!
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Davidcruze(m): 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
lagos is working. that what you get when there is continuation of government cool
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Godprotectigbo2(f): 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
unclezuma:

Ò tè go nu...
Happy New Year!

u just changed ...wetin happened
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
I trust my lagos boys.Dem go steal evrytin finish.
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Godprotectigbo2:

u just changed ...wetin happened

Nwayi-oma nah MMM oooh
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by nnokwa042(m): 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
Another camera ? Naija una no go kill me with laff, mean while my wife is 37 years today make una help me hail her 12 year marriage no be moi moi i met her at age of 25

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by nnokwa042(m): 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Another camera ? Naija una no go kill me with laff, mean while my wife is 37 years today make una help me hail her 12 year marriage no be moi moi i met her at age of 25 our daugther

12 Likes

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by djbobby007: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
itesiwaju eko lojemi logunn, eko oni baje oooooooo
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by nnokwa042(m): 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Another camera ? Naija una no go kill me with laff, mean while my wife is 37 years today make una help me hail her 12 year marriage no be moi moi i met her at age of 25 our daugther now big girl

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Godprotectigbo2(f): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
unclezuma:

Nwayi-oma nah MMM oooh

chai ....send diam accout number gi.... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Godprotectigbo2(f): 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
unclezuma:

Nwayi-oma nah MMM oooh

ego olee ka ichoro
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Tuesday said it would install 13,000 Closed Circuit Television cameras at major flashpoints across the state to boost its operations.

According to a statement issued by Adebayo Kehinde, LASEMA’s head of Public Affairs Unit, the move is part of efforts by the state government to improve the impact of emergency and disaster management in the state through effective and efficient response system.

The government also plans to step up a Monitoring and Surveillance Unit and establish additional dispatch centres across the state, the statement added.

Adesina Tiamiyu, General Manager of LASEMA, said the 13,000 CCTV cameras would complement the emergency call numbers as analysts could adequately monitor activities from the Command and Control Centres across the State.

“These combined efforts can only make Lagos safer,” Mr. Tiamiyu said.

The LASEMA boss disclosed further that Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has approved the establishment of three dispatch centres at Lekki, Ikorodu Road and Badagry, noting that it would complement the existing dispatch points located at the LASEMA Response Unit, Cappa, Oshodi, and the Command and Control Centre, Alausa.

Mr. Adesina said the agency is stepping up the activities of its Monitoring and Surveillance Unit in preventing unnecessary loss of lives and properties in the State.

“The operation will include monitoring and surveillance activities in domestic, industrial and public facilities in the State which is a paradigm shift from the orthodox strategy of waiting for emergency to occur and then respond,” he said.

Mr. Tiamiyu, however, reiterated the need for the public to partner with the government in mitigating, preventing and consequently reducing hazards, risks and vulnerability in the state.

He added that distress calls on emerging hazards and risks be relayed to the agency through the toll free line 112/767, for prompt intervention.

https://autojosh.com/cctv-cameras/

make them contact me sharply. Before i travel out to Gambia!
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by SmartyPants(m): 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lagos is gradually moving into the future cheesy
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Danny287(m): 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
Trust naija with the recession in the country now those cameras would aid some broke pips by the time they start removing them for sale
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by nnokwa042(m): 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
nnokwa042:
Another camera ? Naija una no go kill me with laff, mean while my wife is 37 years today make una help me hail her 12 year marriage no be moi moi i met her at age of 25
i thank una oooh may our lord bless u all
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by nnokwa042(m): 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
nnokwa042:
Another camera ? Naija una no go kill me with laff, mean while my wife is 37 years today make una help me hail her 12 year marriage no be moi moi i met her at age of 25 our daugther now big girl
man dey old ooh lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by jamislaw(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
nnokwa042:
just open a thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by ameezy(m): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
jamislaw:
just open a thread.
grin
Me sef tire

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
labbyk:
Omo this ambode just wan turn Lagos to USA ni shaa.. .
USA abi south africa

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by Mirror97: 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Installing the CCTV is no big deal. Maintaining it will be a war.
Re: Lagos To Install 13,000 CCTV cameras For Emergency Response by rhektor(m): 12:31am On Jan 18, 2017
Another ZTE scam?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For A UK Visa In Nigeria / Living In Mexico: What Do Nairalanders Think? / Dana Air Commences Daily Flights To Enugu From Lagos And Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.