Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Read This! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read This! (728 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2009
I have just been wondering lately why human beings could be so cruel as to betray even their dearest ones. A friend of mine just narrated his ordeal to me and I was compelled to mirror his experience in the lines that follow: Read and comment, thank you.

A Solemn Journey

Everyone thronged his hole
Wondering where the ugly chap
Hid his bald head
From behind emerged

Happily messaged flies, panting at no ease
With pleasure, their wings fly
We saw Mr. Fox in his last dance
Turned down from looking at anyone

Under his cold feet was laid
A book written in rainbow color
With a restive grip of the spinning pen
Thick dew of sweat dripping in fury

From his quacking palm, he scribbled
He writes, ‘put thy trust on no pal
He vows pulling you through today
In the dumps you thrive on the morrow

Man changes, like the ever-altering chameleon
He gives you a coin at dawn
He craves your only gold at dusk
Or you are up for the butchers’ table

And so, I decided to sojourn
On the side where solace lives in silence
Where no one’s mama cry
And bid farewell to this toiling end!
Re: Read This! by nwadinma(f): 11:14am On Nov 30, 2009
Story of our lives here in Nigeria.
I have stopped wondering why people's eyes -especially they ones I trust and love- turn red each time success pays me a visit.
I have also stopped wondering why they spend so much energy and time trying to stop good things from coming my way.
I have accepted that it is in their blood and so I chose to keep them ALL out of my business-after all it is my business.

Have you ever wondered why Timiya the musician spends so much time talking about 'bad belle people' when he can use the time to sing about love?
Kill joy like that abound amongst us, they are not alien to us here in Nigeria and If anyone is lucky to have very little number of kill joy people around him, them such a one should rejoice exceedingly.
Re: Read This! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
I must confess that I have not personally had such painful experiences but I sure know, it does happen. But my candid advise to anyone is for us to realise that our happiness is not in anyway tied to anybody's actions or inactions. While we may be hurt by the unfavorable actions of others, we can chose to come to the realization that our reaction to what people do to us is what counts, not really what they do!

(1) (Reply)

Publisher Needed / How Intelligent Are Our 'rulers' / 2011: Can I Have A Word With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.