Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students (61095 Views)

Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Aborted Baby Found In A Hostel In Federal University Oye Ekiti (graphic Photos) / Osinbajo Changes Federal University, Oye Ekiti To Adeyinka Adebayo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Hades2016(m): 12:26am On Jan 18, 2017
This school fee no suppose pass 20k cuz it's federal
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by fortunechy(m): 12:27am On Jan 18, 2017
DEAR FUTURE WIFE,
I understand that you have sexual needs that need to be fulfilled.
So I accept that someone will be smashing you in the interim.
All I ask, is that when doing missionary, don't allow him to put your legs on his shoulders while he pumps into you. Leave something for me to enjoy.
Please.
Yours always,
Hubby.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by otokx(m): 12:52am On Jan 18, 2017
A country of extortionists.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Vanmatrix(m): 1:42am On Jan 18, 2017
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES PAY MORE THAN THAT
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by obidirector(m): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2017
Hello guys, check out my new sound via the link below:
www.datafilehost.com/d/180f0461
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Gwazah(m): 2:46am On Jan 18, 2017
I tot all federal university pay the same fees, only some minor differences due to services rendered??
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 18, 2017
TVTKOKO:
He's a new student there he doesn't know anywhere or anything.. He was even told he can't complete registration without paying

Why are there these disparities na?
For example, a whole Ahmadu Bello university ZARIA does not pay up to 40k and its also a Federal university while this Fuoye that is not even up to its standard is paying more

Eazy solution, enroll at ABU Zaria grin
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by kenedy175(m): 4:09am On Jan 18, 2017
Well, it's a thing I noticed already. Most federal universities down south extort there students in the name of school fees. And it's not that they use this money for the development of the university. It's a pity. The highest school fees I ever paid as a medical student up north is 30k.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by dhope001(m): 4:27am On Jan 18, 2017
Caution fee (refundable) grin dey no go kill us for 9ja with lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Princess4ng(f): 4:29am On Jan 18, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if its not the same Federal universities everywhere.... Even as a fresher in university of maiduguri.. There is no department or faculty that would pay up to or even more Dan 40k... Returning students in social sciences we pay 19-21k... Late registration is plus 5k..... No stress
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by 2unjee: 4:56am On Jan 18, 2017

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 18, 2017
CFCman:

Lol
The average undergrad tuition for public universities in the US (for an academic year) is around N6 million!

There are student loans and guaranteed jobs(except for graduates of arts and humanities) to aid loan repayment. Truth is most Americans can't afford these tuition fees either.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Ay92(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2017
I still don't understand this acceptance fee o.Why should students pay after being accepted in the school?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Sheggy13(m): 6:25am On Jan 18, 2017
Emassive:
The Budget of Fuoye was is been cut by Half as it used to be and they are currently on strike due to non payment of salaries. They lack the many infrastructure in the rural Settlement where the school is situated All thanks to the Now Minister Fayemi who GEJ requested state Land from to Build the Fed Uni but decided to use OYE his town instead an already developing Ado Ekiti or Ikare.... Politics is what will drown this nation someday. The school is looking at generating revenue as directed by the federal Govt. True Story and first hand source.
How then do you develop and open up other parts of the states if everything is concentrated in the developed parts already? Ado and Ikerre already boast of a number of higher institutions on ground, so siting this there won't make much difference to those towns as it would do to Oye. The only thing is for the FG to spend heavily on infrastructure in that school and by extension the University community (Oye) would enjoy the spill-over effect. Some of the world's best institutions-Oxford, MIT are not located in the most developed parts of the states they're sited, so what's your point?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by NifemiOlu(m): 6:46am On Jan 18, 2017
This list validates my former lecturer's argument that federal schools are free as there is no tuition fee.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nikkybrainz(f): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:
So is FUOYE VC on NL in.
Instead of him to lay complaint to the DVC Admin office your here asking us Jamb questions. What do yah expect us to do now

It is right for him to do it here because such institutions abhor negative publicity. If he reported to the VC, his complaint might never leave the secretary's office. Moreover, the VC was aware of the fees in the first place. One should never underestimate the corrective power of the Internet. Other schools would also take note to desist from such.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by davbravo(m): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2017
development levy- 30000. University calendar -5000.....what they hell.... this is total extortion and u still paid 30000 for acceptance ....this is meant to be a federal University
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2017
TVTKOKO:
Please I'll like this to get to the relevant authorities. I really don't know who to report this issue to.
My brother gained admission into this very university and after paying an acceptance fee of #30,000 , school fees of #89,000 was paid which includes everything as shown in the break down list from the schools portal. The school had to be requesting for another fee for medical fees, administration fee which was already included in the overall fee of #89,000. I mean, THIS IS FRAUD! DAY LIGHT ROBBERY!

please i don't know how this can get to the relevant authorities.. I just thought of bringing up the issue here.
dey there dey complain, that medical he paid for is for anytime he is sick, the school medical center will treat him free of charge, the medical they told him to pay for again for is medical screening
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by kings09(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2017
U ddnt read d post well. Read again, dis time do it slowly n them com modify ur post
wellmax:
Fair for a Federal university
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by kings09(m): 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Read d post na b4 u comment
jide219:
Me make dae pay 95 for uniosun
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by sunshineV(f): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2017
baby124:
Calendar and Results verification should be free or part of admin. Caution fee seems like a fraudulent addition. Which sports fee is that? Why are students paying for sports
maybe they are teaching dem forecast nah
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by geebehn(m): 7:15am On Jan 18, 2017
jide219:
Me make dae pay 95 for uniosun

Shey Uniosun na Federal institution ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by saylawal2003(m): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2017
FUTA still one of the best Federal Universities in terms of school fees and academic performance. Any contrary opinion?

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by NLbully(m): 7:20am On Jan 18, 2017
Engr faculty z 102k Awon werey 100%
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by TVTKOKO(m): 7:22am On Jan 18, 2017
dirtymoney:
Kindly remind me of ABU Zaria's position in world university ranking? Thats what u get from a 40k per session education.
pahdin? Don't tell me you wanna compare ABU to FUOYE
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Eaugusta(f): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2017
muller102:
People still de go school?

Bad influence
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by henryderek: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2017
Why are there these disparities na?
For example, a whole Ahmadu Bello university ZARIA does not pay up to 40k and its also a Federal university while this Fuoye that is not even up to its standard is paying more[/quote]

You've said it all, a lot of irregularities escalating especially in most of our universities.. All my school fees throught my 4years in ABU zaria no even reach 100k
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Sulaimon01(m): 7:58am On Jan 18, 2017
Report them to the ICPC, FUNAAB also tried the same thing with it's students but failed eventually. in fact, those who already paid got reimbursed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by blessedqueen(f): 8:23am On Jan 18, 2017
muller102:
People still de go school?
Nigeria mentality if you r not a graduate u did not go to school and you can't make it, that is why people still go to school ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by fitinwell: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2017
shocked shocked OP you paying #5,000 for university calender what for na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guy Congratulates His Girlfriend After Her NYSC / A School In Onitsha Invited Father Christmas For Fun But It Ended In Tears - Pho / Transparent Animals You Never Knew Were In Existence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.