Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs (19195 Views)

Kirikiri & Ikoyi Prisons Are No More Suitable For Present Locations – Ambode / "We Are Yet To Receive Isiaka Adeleke's Autopsy Result" - Deji Adeleke / New Locations Saved From Erosion In Anambra (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by Mrdecent(m): 7:45am On Jan 18, 2017
Nice one
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by kenoz(m): 7:45am On Jan 18, 2017
Okay
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by datola: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2017
Pavore9:
A good development.

I think so.
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by Buharimustgo: 8:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Nice one,I have been expecting this kind of initiatives from the Buhari's govt
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by sheffyUTD(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2017
If the dealers are going to be the owners of the terminals as said, who will be charging for overtime, what about issue of diversion in transfer There is a particular terminal at Apapa that is almost ghost of itself now due to theft in transfer just a distance of about 3-5k. The framework looks good but subject to monumental losses.

Oga ToyeenP I see you tongue . . . We should apply for our terminal now se?
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by hakimi1974(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2017
this is the most foolish policy from a govt agency, they should just reduce the time and cost of doing biz at the port, and everything will fall into place, no be rocket science na.
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by IgweBUIKE1(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2017
mrtegation99:

grin you're a cat grin
and you re a rat... for convulsing and shivering at his post
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by MyGeneration(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2017
Nice move at least non-coastal states/land locked states can now benefit from the customs without having ports.
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by yakbauer: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2017
Good idea, but that 30 day period before demorage is charged is too short for a start. Even the PRO stated that "if the seller is lucky" that's not good. To put a law that'll affect ppl who are lucky
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by bizhop01: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
NO BE FOR MOUTH
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pavore9:
A good development.
Not good enough. Exploitations and sharp practices would be the order of the activities. They should simply open up other ports across the country.
I don't trust Nigerian custom...They are full of crooks undecided
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by Aaaaas(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
For easy importation of approved goods of any kind to Nigeria. MUDONS TRUST LINK is at your disposal.

Sir/Ma

I attached herewith a copy of our detailed company's profile for your perusal.
I shall appreciate it if my notification could receive your favourable consideration.

Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by Pavore9: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Burger01:
Not good enough. Exploitations and sharp practices would be the order of the activities. They should simply open up other ports across the country.
I don't trust Nigerian custom...They are full of crooks undecided

Yes one cannot rule out the manipulation of the Customs officials.
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by drwebs: 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
We dont want that in the south, open up the ports for us.

we have ports in Port Harcourt and Akwa ibom to serve the South and south east

I see this move as a move against the south and south east.
instead of this, dredge the River Niger and make our ports functional so wd can have the cars delivered close.

This move will reduce the cost of movement of goods snc time spent.

must everything entering Nigeria enter through Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by justjentle(m): 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
oluwayimika123:
and dre will always be d@ 1 person d@ quotes d whole OP
No be mumu dey worry you?
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by ogogo24(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
If this is implemented as planned, there'll be increment in the number of vehicles imported through the sea ports, calling for more efficient port/customs service to ensure seamless discharge and onward transfer to the said bonded terminals. Also, while in transit, there's high possibility of theft on car components. I quite agree that several businesses will spring up around these terminals, both legal and illegal. So the customer goes into the terminal, picks his vehicle, pays the customs duty/registration and drives off his tokunbo car. Hmm...sounds good, but Nigeria is a peculiar country, the corruption in the country will eventually make the process ineffective and exploitation/corner cutting will prevail.

Is this new process similar to that obtainable in places like Cotonou?
Re: Importers To Receive Vehicles At Near Locations – Customs by Kingspin(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2017
Long overdue to add to it the Federal govt in collaboration with the state should as a matter of necessity build new seaports or up date the existing one for viability in area that it is economically and strategic important for the country national growth and good business environmental friendly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edward Onoja Replies Trolls On Facebook / Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator / Military Men Attack Ondo Residents, Burn Houses - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.