Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn (9847 Views)

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $40.4bn / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $33bn –CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by ScotsReferendum: 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
greenpasture:

I fully agree. If you notice, bombing resumed after Osinbajo left the Delta. The effort to reduce nigeria's daily production of crude is sponsored by the same people who have bled the country dry.

This government has reduced the estimated 400,000 bpd being stolen and blocked admin leakage ( t some degree) those criminal Enterprises are now looking for political leverage through bombing. If only the ethnic champions realized that these so called freedom fighters are actually private Enterprises seeking their own good. But no, people parrot "our oyel" "biafra", "Islamic emirate" just to whip up the ignorant.

Political Illiterate why did you bring up Biafra into this matter.?

Is Biafra your problem.? angry
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by darknetcom: 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
bettercreature:
This man should sell dollars to importers to reduce inflation,i don't fancy this nonsense,Egypt infact went to borrow 30 billion dollars to sort their dollar shortage problem
Egypt current reserve is presently $19 billion and its economy is 1000% healthier than Nigeria at the moment.You don't save money while your family are suffering
Don't quote me if you are not ready to defend yourself

ofcourse..igbos care about only money...

the reserves is not igbos privat purse money..

you igbos are too greedy...

money,money,money.,recesion ,money...

as the north was occupied by boko,they didnt give a fvck..

but as soon as it comes to money,they would be shouting like police sirens...
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by darknetcom: 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
the higher our reserves,the better and easier chance to get a loan from the world...

we should allow the reserves to grow...
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by darknetcom: 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
buhari is saving for rainier days...what jonathan should have done since 2011...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by ScotsReferendum: 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
darknetcom:

ofcourse..igbos care about only money...

the reserves is not igbos privat purse money..

you igbos are too greedy...

money,money,money.,recesion ,money...

as the north was occupied by boko,they didnt give a fvck..

but as soon as it comes to money,they would be shouting like police sirens...

Afonjas have serious problems

How does this concern Igbos .?

Why bring Igbos into this?
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by darknetcom: 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
the higher your reserves,the more confidence investors will have in you...

igbos suppose to know that...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by darknetcom: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Afonjas have serious problems

How does this concern Igbos .?

Why bring Igbos into this?

because una greed dont allow una to see road..

the reserves is barely rising again and you are immediatly shouting spend it...

only igbos think like this...

we have to save money....not that things get even worser than venezuela....

Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
Adminisher:

I need to address this 400000 barrels that GEJ was saying was stolen from Nigeria every day.
400000 barrels everyday, constant at that figure for four years.
This was ROBBERY from the national treasury.

ROBBERY on a scale unimaginable ...happening at a time they were paying close to N100bn to militants to 'secure' pipelines.

The time will come when God will punish those praising that extremely corrupt government more then GEJ himself. The best way for God to do it is to give BUHARI three terms in office. The last one via Constitution ammendment. That way people will learn the lesson of in-house criticism within your political base so that you don't continue to mess up and allow the opposition to take over
As it is people have not learnt their lessons.

You've nailed it. Nigeria has been run by criminal Enterprises and dislodging them is a war whose intensity the public doesn't know or maybe even care about.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by hustla(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pavore9:

Na trade secret nah.

Tell me na
Can I pm u?
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Political Illiterate why did you bring up Biafra into this matter.?

Is Biafra your problem.? angry

It's yours. I am only a commentator. And social comment is not a crime.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by Pavore9: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
hustla:

Tell me na
Can I pm u?

No be only pm, na am! cheesy

Ok. PM.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by hustla(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pavore9:

No be only pm, na am! cheesy

Ok. PM.

grin
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by freddurst: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
What's in it for me
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by grodt999: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
rubbish, it was around 36 billion under Obasanjo!
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by ManirBK: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
bettercreature:
This man should sell dollars to importers to reduce inflation,i don't fancy this nonsense,Egypt infact went to borrow 30 billion dollars to sort their dollar shortage problem
Egypt current reserve is presently $19 billion and its economy is 1000% healthier than Nigeria at the moment.You don't save money while your family are suffering
What about south africa reserve any info please?
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by APCmyheart(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
DaudaAbu:
It increasing by the day..

Spend, spend spend is what got us here.
If the reserve had been grown like this by savings we wont be in this situation.

Sale dollar sale dollar, look for local alternative jare. If you cant get and insist on foreign made then be ready to get your dollars frm wherever

God bless you jare, PMB is really making me proud i swear..
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by APCmyheart(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
bettercreature:

Bro we can't sell $$ for now as there are lots of corrupt people who will buy them all so as to make things worse..

those BDC cannot be trust people should continue getting their dollars else where..
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by dotun365: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
bettercreature:
it'll be more costly when you go to borrow money without some form of collateral' (reserves). Low reserves allow speculators to bet against your currency by hoarding dollars and driving the value of your currency down. This is even more possible when they notice your reserves are down. When you say Egypt is healthier than Nigeria you may need to explain. Because on my last check (yesterday) companies are in line to close up and lay off staff as a result of bankruptcy which occurred as a result of a devaluation. Things appear to be getting better for Nigeria on the oil side so now is the time to build up the reserves again. #497 is as fake a rate as the #305. whether we admit it or not, the black market accounts for small fraction of the FX market. The CBN is working we just need to be a little patient and those speculators holding the rate @ #497 will soon be gone.
Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by 14(m): 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
ManirBK:
What about south africa reserve any info please?

South Africa's reserves is sitting at $41bn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn by ManirBK: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
14:

South Africa's reserves is sitting at $41bn

oboy waiting south africa got and we no gettam lets quickly over take them jo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jang Submits Nomination Form, I Will Put An End To The Killings / Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari / Party Leaders Attend 2017 National Political Summit In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.