Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? (1011 Views)

Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? / Sex Education For Married Only / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by IYANGBALI: 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2009
whose duty is it among parents to give the children sex education, what age is ideal for the lessons and how does one start?
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2009
It is the duty of both parents.
The good thing for the kids is that, they will learn from both parents.
I am sure there are things that Dad would know better than Mom and likewise Mom.
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by cantell(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2009
@Fhemmmy,
You said it all!
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by SisiKill1: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
My mom first gave it to me but thank heavens for my dad coz his version kept me from running the other direction every time a guy looked my direction. Lol! cheesy cheesy
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by MrCrackles(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
Both - However the mother has a bigger role!
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Both - However the mother has a bigger role!

I think bigger role depends on the past and experience of each parent.
Take a case of a father that was a player, he would be able to talk to the daughter about all the style used by guys to get into the pant of a cute babe.

The Mother too can tell of her experience, but i am sure no mother will tell her daughter that she used to "donate" easily, so she will tell the kids of experiences of her friends and people she knows and story she heard.
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 27, 2009
@poster
it all depend on what kind of relationship that kid has with his parents and how open minded his parents are.

some girls open up more with their mothers on the subject and boys with their fathers just because they have been there before.

but if you talk about DUTY then it is both parents duty to teach their kids about sexuality.

as for the age, some children are quicker than others so some might need their first info around 11yrs old while others around 14/15yrs old (all depending on their social background)
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 27, 2009
Sex education??

I LAUGH IN SEX EDUCATION.

The only thing my mum told me about sex was: 'The day you bring a girl and a child into this house, that day i'll put a 6 inch nail in your head'.

Dem no born me well to understand where she stand.
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by ayomidej(f): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2009
Both parents
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
OMO IBO:

Sex education??

I LAUGH IN SEX EDUCATION.

The only thing my mum told me about sex was: 'The day you bring a girl and a child into this house, that day i'll put a 6 inch nail in your head'.

Dem no born me well to understand where she stand.

That is one of the reasons why kids learn from their friends and often learn the bad things
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by pek(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2009
the duty of those that brought them into the world! grin grin grin
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2009
^lol
Re: Whose Duty Is It To Give Children Sex Education? by touchmehard: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
It's d duty of the father, mother, school teacher, Sunday-school teacher or Imam as the case may be. Grandparents also do a good job in this aspect.

(1) (Reply)

Divorce: Michael Douglas' Ex-wife Asks For 50% More, 10 Years After Divorce / Marriage Is The Most Wonderful Relationship God Ever Created! / Opinion Poll For Married Men And Women Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.