Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. (2294 Views)

CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / Tony Elumelu As Allstates Trust Bank Staff (1994 Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 10:36am On Jan 18, 2017
My people see me see wahala. I made an FX transfer to a company in china for a few thousands of USD. I had to make this transfer in a hurry as i was told the shipping company will close a week before the Chinese new year holiday.

I was debited around 10th of this month. The money had gotten to the company in china but they could not access it because i made a single digit mistake in their account number.

As soon as i was informed, i called the customer care, which were helpful in providing assistance. I was told i need to write a letter authorizing the change in account number. I hurriedly did that and submitted, was told they have received and taken action.

Since the 12th i have been following up via mail, and was told with evidence that they have notified the corresponding bank to make the changes. Everyday i ask the company to check if they can access the funds and they said they cant because their bank has not received the payment.

Today is 18th and still they have not receive the payment. If i had made a fresh transfer on the 12th by now i am sure it would have gotten to the company. So does it mean it takes more time to correct a single digit mistake in an account number, for money that has already been sent than making a fresh transfer ?

All i have been told is that they are in touch with the corresponding bank to ensure it is resolved. But for how long ? Isn't it obvious that the corresponding bank is intentionally delaying payment to trade with my money ?

How can a correction in account number for money that has already left Nigeria take more time than a fresh transfer ?

The worst case is that i might not even be able to meet the deadline for the shipment anymore.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mumels(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2017
You gots to keep disturbing them oo. Those banks are thieves. It's easy to collect tour money, but if you have any issue it will take them eternity.

I just got my token last week, till this moment as am typing its not working. I have gone to the bank on several occasions. They keep saying one thing or the other.

Anyway please at what rate did you make the transfer of the money. Cos I have been trying to send money to France and its proving difficult
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2017
mumels:
You gots to keep disturbing them oo. Those banks are thieves. It's easy to collect tour money, but if you have any issue it will take them eternity.

I just got my token last week, till this moment as am typing its not working. I have gone to the bank on several occasions. They keep saying one thing or the other.

Anyway please at what rate did you make the transfer of the money. Cos I have been trying to send money to France and its proving difficult

I bought 490 per dollar from black market and paid into dom account. You will be charge VAT, Commision,Telex etc.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by osile2012: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2017
I know how frustrated you feel right now. What you need to do now is, follow the link on my signature. Click on rate brands, find them and rate them based on.your experience.

With time these brands.will sit up.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by osile2012: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
I will .
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
Sure. If by tommorow the company cant access the funds,i will be forced to take a drastic step against the bank.The worst part is that the number they put for correspondence in their email, they never picked my calls for once all this while.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2017
Up till now, They have not modified, what do I call this?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by IVORY2009(m): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2017
I think the best thing to do, @ this point in time is to head straight to their social media pages like facebook, twitter etc and copy and paste wat u have just wrote here der, GTB would not want other customers to see issues like dis, and it will be treated faster, good luck
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by Samabu07(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekaboy:
Up till now, They have not modified, what do I call this?

Kindly email CBN complain ( a quick Google would be of help), they will get GTB attention for you soonest.
Your case will be rectified shortly.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Samabu07:

Kindly email CBN complain ( a quick Google would be of help), they will get GTB attention for you soonest.
Your case will be rectified shortly.

I think that will be my only option because I.don't understand the story anymore. The bank in China have not received a message from yet they said they have instructed since last week.

It's obvious they are trading with Money.

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by seribroo56(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekaboy:

I bought 490 per dollar from black market and paid into dom account. You will be charge VAT, Commision,Telex etc.
I pray your issue is resolved swiftly, please why did you have buy currency couldnt you just do an online transfer using naira debit card. Am asking because I also want to do an fx transfer Thanks
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by Nairaboi(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
If i can use the words you discussed her in quote "The money had gotten to the company in china but they could not access it because i made a single digit mistake in their account number". How then did the company get the money since there was a mistake in the account number? just asking cos am kind of lost there. Meanwhile, you can also follow via other channels as others have advised, use the social media to your advantage. Best of luck broda

2 Likes

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by 2sexynet: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekaboy:
My people see me see wahala. I made an FX transfer to a company in china for a few thousands of USD. I had to make this transfer in a hurry as i was told the shipping company will close a week before the Chinese new year holiday.

I was debited around 10th of this month. The money had gotten to the company in china but they could not access it because i made a single digit mistake in their account number.

As soon as i was informed, i called the customer care, which were helpful in providing assistance. I was told i need to write a letter authorizing the change in account number. I hurriedly did that and submitted, was told they have received and taken action.

Since the 12th i have been following up via mail, and was told with evidence that they have notified the corresponding bank to make the changes. Everyday i ask the company to check if they can access the funds and they said they cant because their bank has not received the payment.

Today is 18th and still they have not receive the payment. If i had made a fresh transfer on the 12th by now i am sure it would have gotten to the company. So does it mean it takes more time to correct a single digit mistake in an account number, for money that has already been sent than making a fresh transfer ?

All i have been told is that they are in touch with the corresponding bank to ensure it is resolved. But for how long ? Isn't it obvious that the corresponding bank is intentionally delaying payment to trade with my money ?

How can a correction in account number for money that has already left Nigeria take more time than a fresh transfer ?

The worst case is that i might not even be able to meet the deadline for the shipment anymore.
Dude, since it is wire, CALL BACK the fund and resend.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nairaboi:
If i can use the words you discussed her in quote "The money had gotten to the company in china but they could not access it because i made a single digit mistake in their account number". How then did the company get the money since there was a mistake in the account number? just asking cos am kind of lost there. Meanwhile, you can also follow via other channels as others have advised, use the social media to your advantage. Best of luck broda

Their bank have seen the money in the system, but can't withdraw because of the mistake in account number. All they are waiting for is amendment from me before they can access it. They have charged me.for.amendment since last week, nothing has been.done.

Their story is not straight. They have shown me telex communication between lagos gtb and their UK bank. They said they have notified Chinese corresponding banks, I asked them to show me confirmation that the Chinese bank has been notified, till now no evidence.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
2sexynet:
Dude, since it is wire, CALL BACK the fund and resend.

If common amendment is taking this long how long do u think call back will take?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
seribroo56:
I pray your issue is resolved swiftly, please why did you have buy currency couldnt you just do an online transfer using naira debit card. Am asking because I also want to do an fx transfer Thanks

I am not.sure fx transfers are done to foreign banks from naira debit cards unless your shopping online.Besides Naira debit has its monthly limit.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by Samabu07(m): 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekaboy:

I think that will be my only option because I.don't understand the story anymore. The bank in China have not received a message from yet they said they have instructed since last week.

It's obvious they are trading with Money.
Alright, wish you speed to all the cooperation you can get. Do post the outcome here to know the eventuality.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by seribroo56(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekaboy:

I am not.sure fx transfers are done to foreign banks from naira debit cards unless your shopping online.Besides Naira debit has its monthly limit.
ok thanks,wish you well
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
The only grammar I heard from GTB last week was we are escalating the issue. They escalated all through the week and nothing happened. The shipping company is going on holiday in 24th, there is no way I can meet the deadline.

This week I am sure they will say they are exploding the issue.

Nonsense.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
GTBank is really pushing me to the wall, I can't take this nonsense anymore.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by osile2012: 12:40am On Jan 25, 2017
You should be talking to your lawyers by now. undecided undecided
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Can u imagine that till date , ,Gtbank can't tell there whereabout of my funds.

Can u imagine the fund transfer unit relying on my for information? Asking me if I have got any news from the beneficiary. I told them NO, why do they ask? Can they confirm payment, They said NO, They are just asking.

That their corresponding bank has refused to respond to them, so they don't know what else to do.

Can you imagine a whole Guaranty trust bank, being ignored by their corresponding bank outside Nigeria for over a week?

It means Guaranty trust bank is just a local bank that does not command any respect outside Nigeria.

I can't imagine a bank Like First Bank being ignored for over a week by their corresponding bank abroad.

I will have no other option than to sue GTB for intentionally delaying payment and transacting with my funds for their profit.

I have also written the central bank of Nigeria for intervention .

What a shame on GTB.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by seribroo56(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
All is well bro Nigeria banks are all the same
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by CosmicJames(m): 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
They may have their term of operation which might have affected the spend at which they respond to your problem. I think calling a whole bank a JOKE because of your own erro is a no no.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 12:38am On Jan 26, 2017
CosmicJames:
They may have their term of operation which might have affected the spend at which they respond to your problem. I think calling a whole bank a JOKE because of your own erro is a no no.

It's the inability of the bank to correct the error after they have debited me is what makes the bank a joke.

Their Inability to provide concrete information as to the status of transaction makes them a bigger joke.

For their corresponding bank to ignore them for over a week is The biggest joke.

Would it take over a week for gtbank to debit me if I was credited by mistake?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 12:40am On Jan 26, 2017
seribroo56:
All is well bro Nigeria banks are all the same

I doubt.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by CosmicJames(m): 6:41am On Jan 26, 2017
mekaboy:

It's the inability of the bank to correct the error after they have debited me is what makes the bank a joke.

Their Inability to provide concrete information as to the status of transaction makes them a bigger joke.

For their corresponding bank to ignore them for over a week is The biggest joke.

Would it take over a week for gtbank to debit me if I was credited by mistake?
I understand that you are very unhappy with your bank right now because of the way they are handling your transaction and time is very much against you. I think you should calm down bro. Don't worry yourself too much, this matter will be fixed. I agree that their treatment in this case is not fair. But that's life for you: you cannot always get everything you want exactly the way you want it.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by mekaboy(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
Shey una dey see gtbank. This is third week and nothing yet. I am writing to central bank on Monday.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank is a big JOKE of a BANK. by MAURI: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
@mekaboy

Shey una dey see gtbank. This is third week and nothing yet. I am writing to central bank on Monday.

What you should have done is, have them recall the funds and make fresh payment. But GT would have still charged you anyways. But you would not be in this perpetual limbo without knowing when it will be resolved.

That is what GT myt be doing themselves or alternatively they might send a free format swift message to their correspondent bank to make adjustment to the payment request sent to them. That will cost another wahala and delay, that is even if GT does that on time.

The company in China cannot see the money in their account, what is happening now is that the company's name has been mentioned on the MT103 as the final beneficiary, but since their account number does not tally with the account name provided, GT's correspondent bank will not credit their account with the funds. Sorry about you predicaments bro. Next time something like this happens, just ask your bank to recall the funds and make fresh payment, new charges will apply though, but you will be saved loads of headache and your money and goods getting stuck still costing you money.

(1) (Reply)

Fast Selling Products You Can Import From China To Nigeria / Oya Stanbic Ibtc Or Standard Chartered / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.