Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,248 members, 7,842,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know (22199 Views)

Burna Boy: I Feel Sorry For Nigerian Artistes Jumping Into Intl Record Deals / Top 10 Nigerian Artists That Are Cultists (no. 2 Will Shock You) / 7 Nigerian Artistes Who Have Record Deals With Sony Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know by joeace2020(m): 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=feyiflutist post=52935473][/quote]

Ibadan? Alright
Re: International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know by babadee1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Synord:

Sir , Wikipedia is not a reliable source of Information.. Details there are inputed By people like You and more..

Furthermore,fela never signed any international.deal..it was after his death then universal music and some other people bought the rights to his work..

And about Sunday Ade,pls check the picture below

This your rebuttal e get as e be. Wikipedia just like any other source on the internet has information created by different people. Much of the information on Wikipedia is sourced and cited, and actual studies have shown that it is a very reliable source of information. If you don't want to believe the facts then I can't force you, but Fela, Sunny Ade, Miriam Makeba and Angelique Kidjo were all signed to and managed by international record labels not local ones. Those are the facts. Good day.
Re: International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know by emwye(m): 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lyrical Meaning
I'm not the biggest fan of naija music but imma need you to tell me how many mainstream pop artistes in the world today are saying anything that means anything to you? Mainstream music is simply made to cater to what people want to hear and yield robust profits. If you want meaning, you would have to search for what makes sense to you. If you won't work hard to find good music for you then you are simply the one to blame. Yes, Nigerian music has grown because there was a time one was considered "razz" if you listened only to nigerian music, now the market has expanded to all and sundry. I have been in some parts of the world where i hear nigerian music at raves and i wonder how the heck we made it out there.
winterfell007:
Nigeria music industry is just a hype. People keep commending how the music industry have grown, what they don't understand is that the Nigerian music scene has not grown, what improved is the technology we use in shooting music scene. Our music have no lyrical meaning and cannot be compartmentalised. That's all
Re: International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know by 2sexynet: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
bizclef:
Wat ar u saying? sticking to the basis?
Olamide is sticking to local fame Dats y his lyrics av gone from better to Worse...copying pasuma Fuji songs and pasting in hip hop, is dat originality? Wen u've conquered ur world, d next tin is to move forward.
Olamide dumped rap music for a while for singing, yet pple kept following cos he z a street guy.
Its ur work dat wud take u international nt d pple around u,wizkid grew bigger wt ojuelegba.
U saying fela was known without any international record deal, do u want to compare his days wt nw?
LOL... one of them rising star talking from his asss.... DO You know the meaning of SHOW BUSINESS? until you lots understand this, you will keep slaving away.
Re: International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know by 2sexynet: 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
BLoomfrancs:
Op you are so jealous of Tekno from the rubbish you posted.
You just indirectly singled out the Igbo boy.
He signed a deal worth $4m by singing “dance tangere", as you said. At least, he is being himself, I can't say the same about you, mumu.

I feel it in my bones that you're
an Afonja Conehead
SHUT UP. you are not the only igbo person here. take miserly life out of here please... Tribalistic goat.
Re: International Record Deals : What Nigerian Artists Need To Know by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
2sexynet:
SHUT UP. you are not the only igbo person here. take miserly life out of here please... Tribalistic goat.

Mumu, your brother the op couldn't hold back his jealousy because tekno is not one of una brothers. So he had to come out here wif his bigoted conehead to utter rubbish about Tekno.

And for you miserable idiot. Better f ucking stay in your lane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Slays Back To Back In Black And Yellow Ensembles (photos) / Nneka (Singer) Celebrates Her 36th Birthday Today / The Man Whose Photo Was Published Isn't My Husband. . . . . Stella Damascus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.