Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,159 members, 7,852,953 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. (16886 Views)

When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / 4 Christian Terrorist Groups You Did Not Know About / Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Wow see Igno grin,

Somebody quoting Jesus from Deuteronomy....
Hehehe......Lol

Oh...then Bible is not of your Jesus then cos if it's his book then all the words in the book will have his backing...

Will Wole Soyinka write a book and deny anything in his book?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

Oh...then Bible is not of your Jesus then cos if it's his book then all the words in the book will have his backing...

Will Wole Soyinka write a book and deny anything in his book?

Hahahaha
grin
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Hahahaha
grin

Victory of all God alone..

your expression shows i got you..
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

Victory of all God alone..

your expression shows i got you..

I am still laughing at u mehn.....
@Deuteronomy
LoooooooLz grin

1 Like

Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

I am still laughing at u mehn.....
@Deuteronomy
LoooooooLz grin

Same way am laughing at your ignorance..

To defend the indefensible you trying to say Deuteronomy is not in the bible huh?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Godstraight:
first your list is a joke, kkk, Aryan are white supremacist group that have Christian element and symbolism, they don't bomb,they don't have suicide bombers ,
all the idiots do is try to spread racism,this is what you think should get the world attention over Isis?almost all terror attack in the world are Muslim people even shout Allah is god, this thrend has killed thousands of life but you Muslims are busying saying that the kkk is just as evil,okay give any report of the bombing carried put by one these group for at least the last 20 thousand years

Well do u know dat dis Boko Haram and al-Qaeda, taliban have killed more muslims dan odas. D ratio is quite alarming too. Research dis. Or d bombs dat dry r throwing aren't dey in muslim countries, yet u say dey r killing christians. But dey av killed more muslims. Dat tells u dat their ideology is not part of islam. I dont know how many tymes we av to prove dat
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

Same way am laughing at your ignorance..

To defend the indefensible you trying to say Deuteronomy is not in the bible huh?

Lol....... grin
Jesus from Deuteronomy

Wow in 2017?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

You are already deceived bro.
I pray your eyes open.
Your self acclaimed prophet Mohamed killed many and people like shekau are still following suit....
Nothing has changed....

I dont think u deserve being argued with.
A person who says he is muslim but doesn't know what people of the book mean...

I will be ready when u show me proof of a terrorist reading the bible.......

Till then...... wink

Shebi u want proof, oga dis is it. Open dis link
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/misssandy/rant/select.html
I know u will not open it so i av taken d libertt for u to paste here!!!!

Selective Bible Quoting
One of the worst things about the Bible is that you can find a verse that will support any prejudice or form of intolerance. This has been done for YEARS. The KKK has done it, the Nazi's have done it, the Religious Right does it, child beaters do it, misogynists do it, there's an endless array of hatred and prejudice that has been supported by the Bible.Someone just simply has to find an isolated verse that will support their idea, they then ignorethe verses before or after the one's they have picked out. Some people have to ignore whole chapters or even whole books of the Bible. They simply just pick the Bible apart like a chimp picksapart a melon. They take out what they like, and throw away what they dislike.The most recent form of this is hacking the Bible apart to validate prejudice against homosexuals. One of the most used verses is First Corinthians chapter 6 verse 9 from the New International Version Bible that uses the term homosexual. These people not only have to carefully select a verse, but they have to carefully select what version of the Bible to use. Other versions use terms like male prostitute or 'abusers of themselves with mankind'. "Abusers of themselves with mankind" is a very ambiguous phrase that could mean many things, it doesn't even have to be sexual but people will still rant and rave that it means gays.The Bible has been abused in this way for centuries. Many different groups have taken verses to support what they feel is right. Here area few examples.The KKK had many verses in the Bible that supports slavery, even beating your slaves, slaves are objects not people, and even an account where an Ethiopian didn't understand the book of Isaiah, they felt that means that blackpeople are too dumb to understand the gospel of Christ."Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ." Eph 6:5The Nazis and many other anti-Semitic groups have a wide selection of verses from the Gospel of John (who blamed Jews for the Crucifixion) Acts (which contains accounts of Jews persecuting the apostles) and the Epistles of John (which they interpret as saying Jews are blasphemous). Here are two of these verses.And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) Act 12:2-3 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. Acts 17:5
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Lol....... grin
Jesus from Deuteronomy

Wow in 2017?

Maybe we should start regarding bible as fallacy..
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
ibtz:

Shebi u want proof, oga dis is it. Open dis link
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/misssandy/rant/select.html
I know u will not open it so i av taken d libertt for u to paste here!!!!

Selective Bible Quoting
One of the worst things about the Bible is that you can find a verse that will support any prejudice or form of intolerance. This has been done for YEARS. The KKK has done it, the Nazi's have done it, the Religious Right does it, child beaters do it, misogynists do it, there's an endless array of hatred and prejudice that has been supported by the Bible.Someone just simply has to find an isolated verse that will support their idea, they then ignorethe verses before or after the one's they have picked out. Some people have to ignore whole chapters or even whole books of the Bible. They simply just pick the Bible apart like a chimp picksapart a melon. They take out what they like, and throw away what they dislike.The most recent form of this is hacking the Bible apart to validate prejudice against homosexuals. One of the most used verses is First Corinthians chapter 6 verse 9 from the New International Version Bible that uses the term homosexual. These people not only have to carefully select a verse, but they have to carefully select what version of the Bible to use. Other versions use terms like male prostitute or 'abusers of themselves with mankind'. "Abusers of themselves with mankind" is a very ambiguous phrase that could mean many things, it doesn't even have to be sexual but people will still rant and rave that it means gays.The Bible has been abused in this way for centuries. Many different groups have taken verses to support what they feel is right. Here area few examples.The KKK had many verses in the Bible that supports slavery, even beating your slaves, slaves are objects not people, and even an account where an Ethiopian didn't understand the book of Isaiah, they felt that means that blackpeople are too dumb to understand the gospel of Christ."Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ." Eph 6:5The Nazis and many other anti-Semitic groups have a wide selection of verses from the Gospel of John (who blamed Jews for the Crucifixion) Acts (which contains accounts of Jews persecuting the apostles) and the Epistles of John (which they interpret as saying Jews are blasphemous). Here are two of these verses.And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) Act 12:2-3 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. Acts 17:5

These lines are not proof of anything.
They even butress my point...

I was expecting u to bring materials from the terrorists themselves.
Thats evidence.
Not an article on somebody's thought...
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Anoda one ooo, felix

Dis one is evidence of kkk using d bible as their holy text ooo. So stop saying rubbish and admit wat u r hypocrite. Al-qaeda twist Quranic verses, so as kkk twists bible, but i dont call christian terrorists.

http://home.wlu.edu/~lubint/touchstone/KKK-Fisher.htm

III. Authority StructureThe number one source of knowledge for the Ku Klux Klan is the Holy Bible. Members of the Klan believe in the literal truth of the Bible. One KKK member once wrote, “the Klansmen pins his faithto the Bible as the revealed will of GOD.” In fact many active Klansmen were ordained ministers. In addition, the majority of the members belong to some Protestant church.[2]The religious ideals of the group could be found in ceremonies such as the Klan baptism of an eight-week-old child in 1924 by a gathering of hooded members.[3]In the early 1980’s, new religious fundamentalists used very similar rhetoric about Christian supremacy. The Reverend Bailey Smith,the president of the Southern Baptist Convention announces in 1980, “God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew.” He continued by adding the fact that God can’t possibly hear the prayer of someone who does not believe Jesus Christ is the true Messiah.[4]The Klan takes direct action against those who do not share its beliefs or those who it simply views as inferior based on itsreadings of the Bible.Klansmen recognize the differences of other groups and translate them into justification for hate.Rituals and ceremonies are also very important and commonly used by the Ku Klux Klan. For example, an elaborate initiation ritual is carried out for new members, and the custom of wearing white robes and hoods sets the members apart from other citizens and provides for them a special identity. Cross burning is a very common practice among members of the Klan. This ritual is used mainly as a form of intimidation against those people hated by the Klan. Often the burning cross is driven into the ground and left standing where the targeted group can see it. This ritual has also been called “cross lighting”, a term used by David Duke and other Klansmen in the 1970’s to illustrate that “Christ is the light of the world.”[5]In the Klan, rituals and ceremonies are held which help instill Klan values and beliefs in the members. However, most members already havea strong sense of white supremacist thought in their heads before they join the Klan. Ordained ministers in the Klan preach the Christian aspect of the Ku Klux Klan to members. These clergymen have been trained in the Church and added their own views to their religion to create an interpretation of the Bible that fits the creed ofthe Ku-Klux Klan. Important figures such as leaders like Imperial Wizards lead the Klan and mobilize its efforts into structured political fights.For example marches through streets like Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C. were common when the Klan was more active. These marches are generally to protest something the Klan does not agree with such as Martin Luther King Day, Black History Month, or Gay rights.
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

Maybe we should start regarding bible as fallacy..

Face the matter....stop trying to dance outside
U dont know bible in 2017?
Even with google, u r quoting Jesus from Deuteronomy?

I am ashamed on your behalf
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Thats evidence.
is dis not a material, text. are u kiddin me!!!
Gosh dis is not somebody's thought, av u read it? i knew u wud not read it. it is an history abt ppl selecting bible quotes to do evil things. Hypocrite
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
ibtz:

is dis not a material, text. are u kiddin me!!!
Gosh dis is not somebody's thought, av u read it? i knew u wud not read it. i

I read it.
Its a hurried google work by you.

Are u this young or what?
Should I copy oxford dictionary definition of "evidence" for you?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Thats evidence.

buttress wat abeg?? if it is buttressing anytin, its d fact dat nazis and kkk av quoted d bible to justify their acts, but because of dat no one calls christians nazis or terrorists.

dis is d height of ur denials upon denials
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

I read it.

so? i cannot use google to find history again nii. abi ema gba mi ke. its an history abt kkk and nazis twisting ur bible verses, where else wud i find history material frm, maths textbook? ogbeni i don show u again. but ur denyin self wud not com to terms wid d truth
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
ibtz:

buttress wat abeg?? if it is buttressing anytin, its d fact dat nazis and kkk av quoted d bible to justify their acts, but because of dat no one calls christians nazis or terrorists.

dis is d height of ur denials upon denials

evidence
ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/Submit
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
"the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
synonyms: proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, authentication, attestation, documentation; support for, backing for, reinforcement for, grounds for
"they found evidence of his participation in the burglary"

verb
be or show evidence of.
"the quality of the bracelet, as evidenced by the workmanship, is exceptional"
synonyms: indicate, show, reveal, be evidence of, display, exhibit, manifest, denote, evince, signify; testify to, attest to, verify, confirm, prove, substantiate, endorse, back up, support, bear out, give credence to
"the rise of racism is evidenced by the increase in racial attacks"
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

I read it.

abi wen u want to use ur hypocrisy to bring out verses dat boko uses, its not google u use?

1 Like

Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL what a lame defence, But you lots can easily say Boko Haram, ISIS, etc are Islam lol i can sense stupidity..

The bold alone is enough...

U forgot to bold the rest of the sentence..."(based on their OWN interpretations)".
I was saying that in case they used Christianity to condone their actions. I really haven't taken the time to deeply research them
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

evidence
ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/Submit
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
"the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
synonyms: proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, authentication, attestation, documentation; support for, backing for, reinforcement for, grounds for
"they found evidence of his participation in the burglary"

verb
be or show evidence of.
"the quality of the bracelet, as evidenced by the workmanship, is exceptional"
synonyms: indicate, show, reveal, be evidence of, display, exhibit, manifest, denote, evince, signify; testify to, attest to, verify, confirm, prove, substantiate, endorse, back up, support, bear out, give credence to
"the rise of racism is evidenced by the increase in racial attacks"
so text is not an evidence material, if somone says something wudnt it be documented dat so, so person said dis and dis at dis and dis tym. abi ur bible dat u bliv in is not text. dat means ur bible is not d documented evidence. of jesus teachings by ur hypocritic logic. grin

1 Like

Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
felix u r flawed knce again
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
ibtz:

so text is not an evidence material, if somone says something wudnt it be documented dat so, so person said dis and dis at dis and dis tym. abi ur bible dat u bliv in is not text. dat means ur bible is not d documented evidence. of jesus teachings by ur hypocritic logic. grin

If u like even go and pick "text" from campus gist
All is "text" abi?

This is getting ridiculous

Please have u done research work in school before?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Face the matter....stop trying to dance outside
U dont know bible in 2017?
Even with google, u r quoting Jesus from Deuteronomy?

I am ashamed on your behalf
LOL i aint a Xtians so what should i bother myself about, But if quote Jesus for you in Deuteronomy what will you do?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:
LOL i aint a Xtians so what should i bother myself about, But if quote Jesus for you in Deuteronomy what will you do?

Of course i cant do u anything. I must confess
Ignorance is a free choice
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lady39:

U forgot to bold the rest of the sentence..."(based on their OWN interpretations)".
I was saying that in case they used Christianity to condone their actions. I really haven't taken the time to deeply research them

Maybe you need to take your time to research them..
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Of course i cant do u anything. I must confess
Ignorance is a free choice

hhaha i give up in you..
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

Maybe you need to take your time to research them..

Thanks for the suggestion..I'm not saying you're wrong about their "claim". I'm just saying that they don't represent Christianity. I would rather pass on researching them more than the info that I do know. A vile, venomous, murderous, hateful group with no soul, who rejoices in death & degradation of human beings based on skin color is not something I'd like to spend my precious time on.
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by APCmyheart(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lady39:

Thanks for the suggestion..I'm not saying you're wrong about their "claim". I'm just saying that they don't represent Christianity. I would rather pass on researching them more than the info that I do know. A vile, venomous, murderous, hateful group with no soul, who rejoices in death & degradation of human beings based on skin color is not something I'd like to spend my precious time on.

At the bold but you believe Boko Haram, ISIS etc represent Islam?
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

If u like even go and pick "text" from campus gist
All is "text" abi?

This is getting ridiculous

Please have u done research work in school before?

lol. it is evidence until proven otherwise. in a court of law, if a defendant is asked to bring evidence, it is fact until someone can prove it is not. there is no text dat says kkk didnt use dose bible verses. so therefore it is fact. moreover, i av been proven rite by wikipedia.

now i ask u, prove to me dat d New Testament is d preachings of jesus since ur bible is a text dat was well written hundreds of yrs afta d death of jesus
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

At the bold but you believe Boko Haram, ISIS etc represent Islam?

No I don't and I never said that they did. I fundamentally disagree with the doctrine of Islam..however I personally know some Muslims who are not fanatics or terrorists.
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by felixomor: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
ibtz:

lol. it is evidence until proven otherwise. in a court of law, if a defendant is asked to bring evidence, it is fact until someone can prove it is not. there is no text dat says kkk didnt use dose bible verses. so therefore it is fact. moreover, i av been proven rite by wikipedia.

now i ask u, prove to me dat d New Testament is d preachings of jesus since ur bible is a text dat was well written hundreds of yrs afta d death of jesus

Dont even talk about court here...
Its obvious u r ignorant of how court works...
You think a court will admit evidence you dont even know who the author is?
Stop ridiculing yourself...

Guy, sorry to say its obvious we r not on the same level...
Re: Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. by ibtz: 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Dont even talk about court here...
Its obvious u r ignorant of how court works...
You think a court will admit evidence you dont even know who the author is?
Stop ridiculing yourself...

Guy, sorry to say its obvious we r not on the same level...
is dere not an author in d evidence i gave u nii abi d persons name is not dere. ok if u r saying dose tu links are nt verified wat abt wikipedia

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / Accessing The Divine Killing Anointing By Dr D.k Olukoya - Written Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.