Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,051 members, 7,825,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me (1271 Views)

Coach Slaps Franchon Crews Dezurn, Removed Her Wig To Motivate Her During Fight / Pictures Of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar And Others In 40 Years Time / Forbes Highest Paid Players List 2019: Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar Earnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Sultty(m): 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
www.m.goal.com

The Argentine spoke of a "mutual respect" between the Barcelona and Real Madrid stars and admits his counterpart has achieved great things

Lionel Messi says Cristiano Ronaldo is a "great player", but insists he does not strive to outperform his Real Madrid counterpart.

Messi: I'll stay at Barcelona for as long as they want me

Debate continues to rage on over who is better between the Barcelona and Madrid icons, having recently come up again after Ronaldo won the Ballon d'Or and The Best FIFA mens' player award. The accolades were awarded to the former Real Madrid star for leading both Madrid and Portugal to European glory in 2016, as well as winning the Club World Cup.

While Messi has not been able to win international honours with Argentina, having lost two Copa America finals and the World Cup final, Messi is a five-time winner of the Ballon d'Or and is widely believed to be the best player that has ever existed.

Cristiano Ronaldo Sevilla Real Madrid La Liga 15012017

Lionel Messi Tana Barcelona Las Palmas La Liga

There is a rivalry between the two Clasico stars, but Messi says his desire to shine comes from wanting to perform for Barca and Argentina as opposed to outshining Ronaldo.

"There is a mutual respect," he told Coach. "I view him as a great player who has achieved great things because that is exactly what he is.

"My motivation, though, has always come from wanting to do well for Barcelona and Argentina, and the fans."

After losing in the Copa America final on penalties to Chile, in which Messi missed his, the attacker announced his retirement from international football, only to come back a few months later and he says he still hopes he can win silverware with his country.

"After the disappointment of losing the final I had time to think and to speak with people, and I felt it was the right option to reverse my decision. I still have big ambitions to win a trophy with Argentina."

He added: "I hate to lose. It does not just affect me for a few hours after the game, but for longer. I can not stand the feeling to lose. You can use that to make sure you give everything you need to to win."

Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by rottennaija(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
Beating Ronaldo doesnt motivate Messi, but beating Messi motivate Ronaldo. That is hard
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
just say Cr7 is ur OGA shut and simple

2 Likes

Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by ba7man(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Even Messi's wife wants to smash c.Ronaldo in bed.

1 Like

Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
ba7man:
even your mom felt like aborting you was the best thing for the world
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
just say Cr7 is ur OGA shut and simple
just say your brain is malfunctioning
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Nickizoe(f): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
Respect!
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Icon79(m): 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Again, I have stated the same fact here on the forum, several times. The fake Ronaldo is obsessed with Messi, but Messi doesn't even care about Ronaldo. Messi's goal is to be the best player to ever play the game a ka the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT).

In other words, Ronaldo is competing against Messi whereas Messi is competing against history. Do ever wonder why Messi is often compared with Pele and Maradona, whereas Ronaldo is always being compared to Messi? Bottom line, Messi is on a different standard grin
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Icon79(m): 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
ba7man:

Sorry, he doesn't swing that way angry
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by ba7man(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
hardwerk:
even your mom felt like aborting you was the best thing for the world
All these small children sef, if dem land you better slap now, you go dey complain say dem dey maltreat you.

1 Like

Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Sultty(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
Icon79:
Again, I have stated the same fact here on the forum, several times. The fake Ronaldo Messi is obsessed with Messi Ronaldo, but Messi Ronaldo doesn't even care about Ronaldo messi. Messi's Ronaldo's goal(s) is to be the best player to ever play the game aka the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT).

In other words, Ronaldo messi is competing against Messi Ronaldo whereas Messi Ronaldo is competing against history. Do ever wonder why Messi is often compared with Pele and Maradona(who cares), whereas Ronaldo messi is always being compared to Messi? Ronaldo, Bottom line, Messi Ronaldo is on a different standard grin
ur point is not entirely remember that these words came out of messi's stinking pinhole grin
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Icon79(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
Just finished watching the fake Ronaldo against Celta Vigo and his only contribution in the whole was to permanently live in the offside. Couldn't score, couldn't create, and unable to contribute in the defense. And Real Madrid lost 2-1 at home to Celta Vigo of all teams!

It's funny that, except for a hapless penalty, the fake Ronaldo hasn't scored any goals since he was named the FIFA player of the year. Now compare that to what the peerless Messi has done over the past 3 weeks alone. Wow, FIFA must be having a buyer's remorse already grin grin grin
Re: Messi:ronaldo Is Great But Beating Him Doesn't Motivate Me by Sultty(m): 12:35am On Apr 13, 2017
Haters where art thou grin https://www.nairaland.com/3688324/juventus-vs-barcelona-ucl-3 where is ur msn squad now

(1) (Reply)

Make 100k In A Week Via Betting. / Luk Who's Training, Lukaku And Pogba In Hot Califonia Sun With Team Mates / Jurgen Klopp Rejects Bid For Coutinho By Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.