Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp (13702 Views)

Senate Passes Reordered 2019 Poll Bill, 59 Senators Oppose Move / Budget: FG Adjusts 2018-2020 MTEF/FSP By N1.5tn / BREAKING!!! After Ozubulu Massacre, Another Gun Men Attack In Anambra Just NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by deantimes(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
THE Senate on Wednesday passed the Medium Term Expenditure Framework‎/Fiscal Strategy Paper three months after submission to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Buhari had in September submitted MTEF/FSP for consideration to the National Assembly.

However, the consideration was delayed due what lawmakers described as “empty” MTEF.

At the consideration of the report‎ on Wednesday, the Senate carried all the recommendations of the Joint Committee on Finance, Appropriation and National Planning.

In the report, the Joint Committee recommended the adoption of $44.5 per barrel as the benchmark price for oil for the the 2017 budget.

The Senate adopted N305 to a dollar as exchange rate, but advised the Central Bank of Nigeria to initiate measures that would close the gap between the parallel market and the official exchange rate.

The Senate also adopted the projected N5.1 trillion for non-oil revenue in 2017 and N807.57 billion for Federal Government’s independent revenue for 2017.

The Senate adopted the Federal Government’s borrowing plans in 2017 but insisted that the borrowing should be on project-tied basis.

In his remarks after the passage of the MTEF, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, applauded the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma,‎ for his cooperation with the committees and urged him to continue to cooperate with them during budget defence.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/01/breaking-after-three-months-senate-passes-mteffsp/

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Mynd44: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Finally.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by SillyMods: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
At last!

The senate is gradually coming to terms with the fact that this govt cannot be blackmailed to submit to their own selfish ends.

The unfortunate thing is, the more these Sinators and representathieves delay passing of critical budgets, the longer we stay in recession.

One thing wey sure be say, PMB won't bend to their selfish plan.

I watched the Twitter Senator (the one that looks like Obama but reasons like Obanikoro) lampooned PMB's ministers the other day saying none of them is competent. And this is a senator who defrauded Nigeria to the tune of billions of naira! Ndi Ara!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Abrupt: 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
Whatever Buhari touches, Buhari Spoils it. I await the outcome of this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by 2undeee(m): 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
implications
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by SillyMods: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
2undeee:
implications
The 2017 budget will be passed faster and with far less rancour.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by ayogabriel(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Please what's the implication of this?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by 48noble(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
cooperation!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Ngasky(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
Long overdue
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Moreoffaith(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
I am not undestanding, somebody help me with that picture abeg.
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by vadeonly(m): 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
wink grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
Moreoffaith:
I am not undestanding, somebody help me with that picture abeg.
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Galaxie: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
'
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by wunmi590(m): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
E gbami kee!!! Wetin person no go c 4 dis 9ja....someone called me that am supposed to pay him becos we were paired 2geda....I told him am not a member of *MMM* and he said bros pls send anytin u av, na God paired us 2geda not MMM... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by modath(f): 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
Almost too late... While the.elephants fought, the grass not only stopped GROWING, It's lush GREEN colour also faded to almost pitch BLACK nothingness. .. sad

Keywords: Economy & Power

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by deflover(m): 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
So dey will borrow d $29billion be DAT

We and d future of our unborn sperm are finished
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by guywitzerogal(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
dahunsy:
coughs... clears throat# seun suspended me for sayin he has a fish brain for posting a fake news#....kwaraption everywer
ds guy u sha wan make Seun delete u finally finally
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Hiploko(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
That was how they made so much noise about the magic zero based budget of 2016 that ended up multiplying the suffering in the land...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Hiploko(m): 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
modath:

Almost too late... While the.elephants fought, the grass not only stopped GROWING, It's lush GREEN colour also faded to almost pitch BLACK nothingness. .. sad

Keywords: Economy & Power
too early to create excuses! It isn't late...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ok. That's good. It is now left to the executive to ensure they adhere strictly to the content of the Medium Term Expenditure Framework/Fiscal Strategy Paper.
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by ddippset(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Finally, a President with balls. The Senate bluffed, and he called it.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by blackpanda: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
[s]
Abrupt:
Whatever Buhari touches, Buhari Spoils it. I await the outcome of this.
[/s]

Lolz
Awon wailer ni ye

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Hiploko(m): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Lolz
Awon wailer ni ye
yoloba mislim
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by jericco1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Is it meant for the teeming masses?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by Hiploko(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
ddippset:
lol! Balls and cooking gas is 7k? How una dey think sef Smh

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by justicejay(m): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
guywitzerogal:
ds guy u sha wan make Seun delete u finally finally
But the guy no lie na.
Wait ooo don't report me to constituted authority
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by justicejay(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
ddippset:
Balls?
I see no balls
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by ddippset(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hiploko:
lol! Balls and cooking gas is 7k? How una dey think sef Smh
what has the story got to do with cooking gas? abi you forget your brain for beer parlour? the senators refused to pass it for 3 months describing it as empty. FYI empty means there is nothing for them in the document. The president called their bluff. is this too difficult for you? should I draw you a map? paint you a picture maybe?

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by AminuRano87(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
SillyMods:
At last!

The senate is gradually coming to terms with the fact that this govt cannot be blackmailed to submit to their own selfish ends.

The unfortunate thing is, the more these Sinators and representathieves delay passing of critical budgets, the longer we stay in recession.

One thing wey sure be say, PMB won't bend to their selfish plan.

I watched the Twitter Senator (the one that looks like Obama but reasons like Obanikoro) lampooned PMB's ministers the other day saying none of them is competent. And this is a senator who defrauded Nigeria to the tune of billions of naira! Ndi Ara!

the best comment I ever read in nairaland

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by oluFELAxy(m): 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
Awon CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY
Re: BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp by vedaxcool(m): 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
Sillyators keep fooling yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud / Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme / Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.