Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) (60975 Views)

Fayose Visits Igbara Odo-Ekiti Over FISU Crisis (Photos) / Osinbajo Meets With Religious & Community Leaders Over Kaduna Crisis (Photos) / Buhari Arrives Dakar, Senegal For Security Meeting (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by henryanna36: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has deployed to Senegal as part of Nigerian contingent of Economic Community of West African States Military Intervention in Gambia (ECOMIG) – a standby force tasked by ECOWAS Heads of State to enforce the December 1, 2016 election mandate in the The Gambia. The NAF today moved a contingent of 200 men and air assets comprising fighter jets, transport aircraft, Light Utility Helicopter as well as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft to Dakar from where it is expected to operate into Gambia. The deployment is also to forestall hostilities or breakdown of law and order that may result from the current political impasse in The Gambia.

Addressing the contingent before departure, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar urged the troops to maintain discipline and be professional in their conduct. Reminding them to be good ambassadors of Nigeria, the CAS stated that no act of indiscipline by the contingent would be tolerated. The contingent, led by Air Cdre Tajudeen Yusuf, was airlifted this morning from 117 Air Combat Training Group Kainji. Other troop contributing countries include Senegal, Ghana and countries within the sub-region.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/nigerian-air-force-deploys-to-senegal.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by henryanna36: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by henryanna36: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
henryanna36:
More
more

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Of recent Nigeria army have been busy

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by ammyluv2002(f): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
kenonze:
Of recent Nigeria army have been busy
So busy! I feel for them sad sad

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by SuperS1Panther: 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
The devil pushing Jammeh seems to be the suit wearing one.

I don't know why you will just want to suyanise yourself for nothing.

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by madridguy(m): 6:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
Good one, I can't wait to see the power monster out of the office.

8 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
This our Buhari too like fight. I love the man though

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by koladebrainiac(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
I commend nigeria army are now doing well. They have been demostrating good professionalism and strength in Africa b4 we used to rely on Niger republic n cameroun to help us protect our land . with costant mission n millitary engagement we will be the best in the zone.
I just want us to develop good experience in AIR n water coz in future we will need these things to survive when the amgeddon comes

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Theyveedo(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
grin

Showing off our fighting tools

9 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Orjitex15(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Gallant soldiers, I believed Nigerian for that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Mynd44: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
This does not look true. Looks like the NE operations to me.

1 Like

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by henryanna36: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mynd44:
This does not look true. Looks like the NE operations to me.

I thought as much too but you can confirm it from NAF page on Facebook.I don't think NAF will upload fake photos.I just added a screenshot for u to see

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by brookz: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Good luck to u Airmen, Victory comes from God alone.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by temitemi1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
What is making me happy about this Gambia issue is the fact that Buhari is digging his own grave come 2019. copied...

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
Sai Africa's President Muhammadu Buhari.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Azujabeel(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
Wow! Proud of my country

10 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Emekamex(m): 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
I hope they wont drop bombs on innocent civilians.

8 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by pchukwudi: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
pchukwudi:
ECOWAS HAD BETTER NOT STARTED A WAR IN THAT COUNTRY.

The parliament had extended his tenure probably pending the outcome of the supreme court verdict regarding the last election.

ECOWAS should not start a war. I repeat DO NOT START A WAR. Allow the man to have his way. The worst he can do is to have the election cancled. Then Ecowas may pressure him to order a rerurn, or set up an interim government which should organize an election within a stipulated time frame.

I REPEAT again, DO NOT START A WAR.

Forcing the man out in a state of war would be a very bad seed for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
Jammeh is about to get jammed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
nigeria is very good in sticking their noses in foreign affairs

while bokoharam are getin d best of dem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
[quote author=pchukwudi post=52920766][/quote

Pa Chukwudi44 my friend of life. Are you still in the business of supporting corrupt tyrants and dictators in this new year? See, if you know Jammeh or knows someone that knows someones that knows him, tell him to handover peacefully tomorrow. Else, he will get the Gbagbo treatment. No amount of support from wailers can save him.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by mightyhazell: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Olami90: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
I wish this Jammeh/Jamiu guy can continue with his stronghead so the level at which he will be disgraced will be so sweet

#selfish+brainless+idiot+individual

3 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by lovat(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
koladebrainiac:
I commend nigeria army are now doing well. They have been demostrating good professionalism and strength in Africa b4 we used to rely on Niger republic n cameroun to help us protect our land . with costant mission n millitary engagement we will be the best in the zone.
I just want us to develop good experience in AIR n water coz in future we will need these things to survive when the amgeddon comes
Which Armageddon?

Break this fraudulent entity you call a country in pieces

6 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by forgiveness: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nigeria dey always fight without gain. The good Samaritan.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by UnknownT: 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Make them give the pilots proper coordinates oh, we no wan hear friendly fire

2 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Raptureminded(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
how are we sure this is senegal?
Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by DauraDullard0(m): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
temitemi1:
What is making me happy about this Gambia issue is the fact that Buhari is digging his own grave come 2019. copied...
I doubt if the situation will get to this level in 2019. The Dullard will massively rig the elections and nobody will utter a word.

7 Likes

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Ask4Info: 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
ECOWAS IS AS USELESS AS NATO. THEY ONLY GO AFTER TINY AND HARMLESS NATIONS.

France came all the way from Europe to come and help oust Gbagbo as Ecowas countries were too scared to deploy troops to Ivory Coast due to the highly improve military over the years.

Just the same way NATO does gragra to Yemen, Afghanistan and other baby countries.

Since Russia has been poking their fingers into America's eyes, have you seen them retarliate? Instead they will be crying foul. Same way China keeps breaking rules and absolutely nothing is done to them.

Why didn't they organize with AU to deploy troops to Libya during the Libya uprising.

Bloody Bullies

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Buhari should remove the log in his eyes first before seeing the spectre in Jammeh's eyes

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Elisha Abbo? Biography Of Senator At Adult Toy Shop Assaulting Lady / Photo Of The Nigerian Air Force Jet That Crashed In Abuja / Buhari's Son, Yusuf Wedding Invitation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.