Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

[PICTURES] 23 Stars Discovered During The 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / [PICTURES] 23 Stars Discovered During The 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup (679 Views)

Nigeria Vs Netherlands: FIFA U17 World Cup (1 - 3) On 6th November 2019 / Australia Vs Nigeria: FIFA U17 World Cup (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Hungary: FIFA U17 World Cup (4 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[PICTURES] 23 Stars Discovered During The 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup by soccerblitz: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
The 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup was Hosted in Nigeria and it is a tournament I will never forget in my life, it is not because it is the only FIFA hosted tournament i got to see with my eyes but because of the unforgettable event that happened.

Nothing bad happened, but the fact that my darling country Nigeria, a clear favourite to win the tournament failed to do so against Underdogs Switzerland spearheaded by Granit Xhaka, Haris Seferović and Nasim Ben-Khalifa.

Well, I have recovered from the shock, it’s already 8 years. So I will be taking my time to remember the stars that was produced during that tournament in Nigeria, I really don’t want to name much so I will be naming the obvious names, I mean the players that still ply their trades with top clubs in Europe.

While compiling the names I found out that there is only 23 of them who is still a house hold name today, here is my 23-man list below, feel free to add yours if you feel there is someone who deserves to be on the list and is not.

SEE LIST HERE--> http://soccerblitz.net/2017/01/17/pictures-23-stars-discovered-during-the-2009-nigeria-fifa-u17-world-cup/

(1) (Reply)

Carl Ikeme Sent Off In Wolves Loss To Norwich / Revealed:chelsea Agreed To Sign Neymar In £155.5m Deal But Antonio Conte Refused / Kolo Toure On The Verge Of Making History With Celtic FC. See Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.