Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

How This Make Igbo Land Nigeria China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How This Make Igbo Land Nigeria China (635 Views)

Buhari Shouldn’t Have Deployed Soldiers In Igbo Land — Ohanaeze / APC Launches Buhari's Second Term Campaign In Igbo Land / Port Harcourt Is Not Part Of Igbo Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How This Make Igbo Land Nigeria China by Temmiey(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
- Igbo people in Nigeria have continued to feel marginalised and this resulted in the various agitations for the Biafran republic- The new leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, repeats that Igbo people have been pushed too far while revealing how he would lead the organisationChief Nnia Nwodo, the new president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, an Igbo social-cultural organisation, has asked indigenes of the zone to bring home investments so as to develop the region.Nwodo said Igbo people had been pushed beyond limitHe also raised the hope of the people of the region saying they were close to their 'promise land'.Nwodo expressed optimism that Igbo land can become the envy of Nigeria by competing favourably with China.Vanguard reports that the Igbo leader said this when he performed his first official assignment of the swearing-in ceremony of the Enugu state executive committee of the organisation.READ ALSO:Leadership tussle rocks Ohanaeze NdigboHe said apart from helping to develop the zone, such investments would boost employment in the region and further unite it.While announcing that he would unfold his agenda for Ndigbo soon, he reportedly condemned the secret trial of Nnamdi Kanu, the detained leader of the IndependentPeople of Biafra (IPOB).He further explained that there was no division in the organisation, adding:“We are united for a common cause. For the first time, we had a peaceful national election that went viral like never before. President Muhammadu Buhari congratulated me within 48 hours.“Former Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar; Afenifere, Arewa Consultative Forum, past heads of state, governors, church leaders and other groups calledto congratulate me and lend a hand of support and partnership to work with us. The increased national attention will increase national expectation from us.”The new leader noted that Igbo people’s patience was overstretched, but promised to lead them out of their current challenge.READ ALSO:JUST IN: Ohanaeze Ndigbo elect new President-general as Nnamdi Kanu remains behind bars“The propounded elastic situation has reached its limit and when it reaches its elastic limit, it will cut. We promised to take Ndigbo to achieve that,”he said adding:“We can turn Igbo land to China of Africa if we bring home talent and God’s given gift to us.“My administration is for economic revolution not for politics because I rejected politics after the death of my wife (Justice Regina Nwodo).”
Re: How This Make Igbo Land Nigeria China by Horlufemi(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
afi marginalisation
Re: How This Make Igbo Land Nigeria China by betty202020(m): 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thank you very much sir. All we need is the implementation of those plans. Ala Igbo is so dear to us. We want you to expedite action on developing the ALA-IGBO. Again i urge you to set up a committee that will lias with governors of the eastern states to plan and implement the onitsha seaport and ABA dry sea port. Then rehabilitate all the delapidated linking roads. with these, businesses will boom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IDP Camp Bombing: Buhari Has Failed – Oby Ezekwesili Blasts / The Afonja Syndrome / Pictures Of APC Registration Center In IMO State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.