Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,014 members, 7,852,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:38 PM

Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. (744 Views)

Bedroom Wahala / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / Mother- In- Law Wahala - What Would You Do If Your Mum Did This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by thejonny09(m): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2009
My woman is angry with me (… don’t talk to me for four days now and just drop my meal on the dinner and will not come to join me as usual) because I love PS2 soccer games. She love watching Discovery, ID, Science and Forensic Stations, while I love Soccer Stations, CNN, BBC, and the likes, to avoid the fight I purchased dual view Metro Digital. Most times when I am troubled at heart or when she starts this woman ‘talk’ I’ll turn to my PS2 instead of leaving the house and hang out with my guys which am trying to stop because of all the stuffs that happen when guys are always out like that but this will anger her. Her reason is that the game is for kids. My NL people is this my passion a wrong one? I give her my attention always, I only play when am downhearted or at night when am tired studying or when i don't want to hangout. I even told her that the advert for this PS2 is by adult not kids.

So my people is this my passion wrong or how do I please her without dropping my PS2?

NB: Before we marry I thought her how to play and we use to play this game together while we were dating, I don't really know what is wrong.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by kittykat1(f): 7:39am On Nov 28, 2009
Honestly I dont think its wrong but I am not yet married and I dont know how I would feel in her shoes.

I had an uncle that likes playing scrabble with us since his wife refuses to play. One day while we where playing she came there and scattered the board and from that day her husband stopped playing scrabble for peace to reign.

I think both of should really sit down and talk it over. Talk to her gently and let her know without making her look bad/foolish that PS@ is for adults and kids. If she still says no maybe u can stop it and find another hobby that both of you can enjoy.

But also let her know that a man always needs his "ALONE TIME". especially when he is worried and he can choose to do lots of things at that time just to let himself out.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2009
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by kittykat1(f): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2009
Chaircover,

It would really have been nice to be related. I can imagine moi pulling all those crazy tricks on my MAN. angry angry angry. I think I will start.

Anywayz my uncle is dead, So sad.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by coolier(f): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2009
Obviously you don't have the same interests. You like to do one thing, she likes to do another, how did you people get together in the first place?
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2009
so other people like scrabble too? cheesy

I should spend more time playing the online scrabble and less on NL jare.

@ topic

i dont think PS2 is only for kids, but this could be the problem:

Most times when I am troubled at heart or when she starts this woman ‘talk’ I’ll turn to my PS2 instead of leaving the house and hang out with my guys which am trying to stop because of all the stuffs that happen when guys are always out like that

whats woman talk btw.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by Outstrip(f): 5:15am On Nov 29, 2009
My mom is almost addicted to online games. I can see where your wife is coming from. My sister's husband is addicted to his too. He will play it all night and go to bed at 5 am in the morning. So tell us the truth. How many hours a day do you play after work? The truth o
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by olanajim(m): 6:47am On Nov 29, 2009
I think the wife is over reacting. She knew all along that her man is a PS addict before marriage, why will she now be trying to change a grown up man?

This is one of the reason marriages break down.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by Fhemmmy: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2009
Maybe she need more time with you.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by thejonny09(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2009
Thanks all for your comments.

@tpia the woman 'talk', has to do with nagging.
@outstrip I don't use all my time in playing game, remember i said after study or when am troubled.
@flemmmy I give her attention.

I think it has to do with her friends, because this started when they came last weekend and I was busy playing my game waiting to watch live premier league game, and they were in the dinning gisting, after they left she came back after seeing them off not smiling or bright has she left, I even gave them transport money, but was so surprised by her action. Anyway am happy with your comments and am still talking it out with her, am sure I’ll get her understands. She knows I love the game even before we marry am so sure her friends talk that 'kid stuff' into her.
Re: Ps2 Game Wahala – Please Help. by N101: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ thejohnny09

There's attention and attention. A woman usually tell when you're pretending to listen while wishing you were doing something else versus actively listening to her. Your time with her should be 100% committed, when you wanna go off with your PS2 let her know you'll be around but not chatting.

I don't know if she's the kind of person who thinks she needs to be around you 100% or talking to you all the time. Maybe you need to sit her down to identify the problem - communication is the key. Don't be surprised if the problem isn't to do with your PS2.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Your Single Most Important Daily Activity / Parenting- Breaking Through Learning Disability In Children / Stepdads And Stepmoms: How Do You Addresses Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.