Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

How To Make Money Selling Websites In This Difficult Times - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money Selling Websites In This Difficult Times (566 Views)

How To Make N100,000 Or More Monthly Selling Websites And Blogs / Make Money Selling Websites, Blogs And Domains / Top Freelance Websites In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Selling Websites In This Difficult Times by 2dgamearena: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
Have you ever wondered how easy it is to sell websites online and make decent money from it with ease? First a word of caution "If you are looking for a quick money making engine, then DO NOT READ FURTHER".

I believe in earning what you worked hard for and its important from my experience that what "YOU DID NOT WORK FOR WILL NOT LAST LONG".

I will be very brief below so its does not get tooo long and boring.

Before I proceed, I started my first website called sysads.co.uk, focused on Linux and Open Source related tutorials. I did not know much about the tools to help me improve my website so lost a lot of revenue. I then sold my website on flippa for over $1,500. A week later, I discovered the new buyer had made so much improvements on the website ranking and I learned some of the tricks he used to help improve the ranking which lead to more income.

So I decided to start another one www.linuxhint.com also focusing on the same niche but better imformed and I am seeing a lot more improvement in income. So as a result, I have now started about 5 more sites, follow same tips to improve site ranking, waiting for a month after registering each site before selling them.

Sites sold on flippa varies in cost based on some features but for someone looking to just sell, then you do less work and sell at a smal fee.

Take for instance, you have 10 new websites running for just a month, and selling each for about $100. So in total you have $1000 = N305, 500 monthly. So think of it and tell me if you will not improve on selling more with less work now since you already know what to do to each sites.

I have seen people make over $50,000 sales in a year. You too can achieve it.

KEY POINTS TO NOTE

- You don't need to be a web developer or programmer to start your a website and sell them
- You need to have passion for this to success
- You need to be VERY PATIENT to rip the benefit
- You need a decent internet connectionm and computer to accomplish this
- You need a very small capital to invest to get started with this
- You need to be very creative
- You will need to invest your time for this

IN THE BEGINING

There have been so many success stories espicially those running blogging as a daily business which means daily unique contents is key to suceeding like nairaland and naij etc

- First determine which niche you want to focus your site on. For instance, i have discovered that a lot of Nija's are into blogging about daily issues in the country, celebrities, events in the work etc. Some focus on providing tips on how to cook certain foods based on which part of the country, some focus on how to repair things faced by most nijas, some focus on techie news etc. So the list is endless and you don't need to be an expert in any of these fields to succeed

- Do research online on how to regsiter a simple domain and make sure your domain name is short, easy to read and relates to what you intend to blog about. You can even buy cheap already established domains on flippa.com

- Get a simple shared hosting service. I use godaddy so you just need to find one that's cheap and has a simple CPanel to work with

- Install WordPress which is at the moment the most widely used backend tool for blogging. The install is very simple and godaddy does that automatcally for you. I believe most hosting providers also provide automatic installation

SITE DESIGN AND LOOKS (IMPORTANT FOR SEO)

- When site is up and running, focus on using the right theme for your site so its SEO friendly so you have a good standing with Google. Search for what SEO is as you will need it to standout from other competitors. There are some free themes you can use, I use quiet a few but you can checkout themes rom Alxmedia http://alxmedia.se/themes/

- When your site is up and running with new theme, now start posting your blog contents. This is where it gets tricky. Note Google hates duplicate contents, so make sure for each contents posted, the title is unique with keywords in it. Don't copy and paste from other sites as a whole. If you need to, then copy the excerpts alone and put a link to the original site for people to read further.

- Install a plugin called Yoast SEO so it tells you what issues are in your posts and how you need to fix them to get a green light for the keyword bit.

- When your post looks good, post it. Then you need to determine how often you post per day because google also appears to understand your site with daily post schedules. Since we are going to sell the site, then you might just do betwen 3-5 articles daily.

GOOGLE WEBMASTER

- Trust me this is probably the most important bit of the work. Google provides to you with this webmaster tool to help you fix any issues with your website and improve your site ranking.

- Search online on how to register since its FREE and follow their videos on how to set things up and fix errors reported. Focus on the crawling errors but also fix other issues reported in other tools provided

There are a few more to look at like auto-posting your articles to social medias but if you think you are ready, I am available to help and access your site for you and advise.

Start with these info I have provided and see how far you go.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Leather Sandals At Cheaper Price / Affordable Container For Sale In Lagos / What Are You Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.