Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Breaking: Senator Nelson Effiong Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Senator Nelson Effiong Defects To APC (469 Views)

Sullivan Chime Defects To APC / Senator Nelson Effiong Defects From PDP To APC / Breaking: Senator George Sekibo Wins As PDP Thrashes APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Senator Nelson Effiong Defects To APC by edetedikan647(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
[i][/i]A senator representing Akwa Ibom South, NelsonEffiong, has cross-carpeted from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC.The lawmaker announced his defection to the ruling party on the floor of the red chambers at today’s plenary. Effiong, who cited party crisis as his reason for defection, said,“Over the past one year this party has disintegrated; because of the crisis in the party, I have decided to resign from the PDP and join the APC.”In his reaction, the senate Minority leader, Godswill Akpabio, frowned at the decision, saying the lawmaker has automatically lost his senate seat because he became a senator underthe platform of the PDP.‎Akpabio warned that the party will contend Effiong’s continued stay in the senate in court.
Re: Breaking: Senator Nelson Effiong Defects To APC by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
If this is true, then he did only what politics requires. Politicians will come and go but Nigerians will remain.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Tambuwal Urges Nigerians To Pray For President Buhari / The Gospel According To The Book Of APC / $470m CCTV Contract:reps Find Only 40 Cameras Working, Order Ex-ministers’ Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.