Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) (69101 Views)

COVID-19: Withdraw Old Naira Notes From Circulation, Group Tells CBN / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by seguno2: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
godfatherx:
Wow! I feel the children and grandchildren were far from her, they would have changed these when it was valid.

Pls keep them, don't lose the money

They can donate it to a museum and library for practical history lessons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Kizyte(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nice
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Sec5(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
Alexxgold:
Social media making people stupid these days

She might get herself robbed or killed cos of those old currencies.. some people pay big to have them

what is this one saying
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Pamelayoung: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
Alexxgold:

She might get herself robbed or killed cos of those old currencies.. some people pay big to have them

Really! what do they still need them for?
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sorry to say but back then this was a huge amount of cash.. So many persons didn't use it smiley
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by ffrreeee(f): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Old people and their conservative lifestyle

Keep the money to show you children and grandchildren, they will like to see the money you spent before they were born
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Jabioro: 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
We such woman in our national museum.,pls keep it
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Alexxgold: 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
Pamelayoung:

Really! what do they still need them for?

for record sakes, museums etc.
I really don't know much but those old items mostly inherited do fetch people huge money
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Psoul(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Are those bitter kola used to preserve the money?
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
grin
unclezuma:
She's a Gangster
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Alexxgold:

undecided
Alexxgold:

wetin this one dey type....?
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by okowande(f): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
She probably forgot about the money entirely. Eyah old folks and amnesia at times. Rest in peace gran! I luv grannies. miss mine so much
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
Kondomatic:
Back in the days when money had value.

That's right
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by dingbang(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
These
papers are better Dan d current ones we have

1 Like

Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by rottenegg: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
In advanced countries, you'd take that money to the bank and get it changed....so far as they are authentic.

In Naija, that's another story!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by engronwe22: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
TAke the money to CBN. Dere will change it.
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by ArabMopol(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
my grand mum despite her reclusive palm oil business she left absolutely nothing in her coffer, how I wise I can resurrect her and shoot her at close range with the Dane gun I found in her room
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by ajebuter(f): 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chai...that N20 was my lunch money in secondary school then..

Chai...This grandma is my grandma's paddy oh..

My own grandma even dash me dresses my mother wore as a teenager, imagine?

God bless Iye Gbooro, my 93-year old paternal grandma in Epe..
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by misspicy(f): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
Alexxgold:

Are you serious? shocked

my grandma has them,can you direct me to people that pay big for them?
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by coolebux(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
Omo see monuments o grin
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by thunderbabs: 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
Grandma was fucking stingy

As stingy as buhari... grin
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
If the money is genuine I don't think there should be any time limit on when you can change it. The banks should just replace the old notes with new ones as they go through the banking system.

1 Like

Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Emperormartin(m): 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
ArabMopol:
my grand mum despite her reclusive palm oil business she left absolutely nothing in her coffer, how I wise I can resurrect her and shoot her at close range with the Dane gun I found in her room
Lol... U no well
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
classic
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Johnsown1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
misspicy:

Are you serious? shocked

my grandma has them,can you direct me to people that pay big for them?
Lol ma angel wants to get extra rich
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Alexxgold:

Why are people still searching for something not in use?
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by hardon1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
i dont knw why old people dont like to spend money. na so the thing full my grandma house. she is still alive though
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Kakamorufu(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
have some of the old currency in my inner wallet.
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by misspicy(f): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
Johnsown1:
Lol ma angel wants to get extra rich
Lolz
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Johnsown1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
misspicy:

Lolz
I hope ur not doing it cos of recession
Re: Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
I intentionally saved some of the old notes (5, 10 n 20). Only for my cousin who was living with us then to spend them just before they stopped being accepted. If not for the fact that she was waaaaay older ehn, there would have been ww3.
Modified : autocorrect ehn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Disturbing Pictures From Nigeria Commercial Bank Halls (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.