Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down (68772 Views)

"Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days" / Jammeh Now Using Decoy Convoys After Refusing To Step Down. PICS / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by ajalawole(m): 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
This guy stubborn oooo.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by purplekayc(m): 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ghadaffi another one
Is he the owner of the country?

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Graciousnaija: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jammeh is just afraid of the consequences of his past deeds...
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by nakamora: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Yahya jammeh & IPOB are like 5 & 6.They both love chest beating, only to cry latter. grin grin grin
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by GrandMufti: 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
I hope ecowas will reciprocate the gesture to buhari come 2019?

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by EmekaBlue(m): 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
only 2400 military with less combat xperience...Abeg kip shut n step down asap
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by TheSociopath(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
rosalieene:
I just remembered Gambia existed!!
undecided
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Emac34: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Karma has come calling
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by nwaimoroseyaho: 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jammeh, you always hold the Koran close to your heart yet for 22years you have Been commiting crimes.

2 Likes

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by joinnow: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ecowas self accept the offer and when new president is on seat pass a bill and try him if found guilty jail him.
Case close
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by GrandMufti: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
The UN treaty recognises the sovereignty of each state to manage its internal affairs without external influence. The invasion of Gambia by ECOWAS is an act of impunity.

you Sabi.... plus you come fine join smiley

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by pedrilo: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Imagine the kind of leaders we have in AFRICA!
"Jammeh started negotiations with ECOWAS on Thursday and agreed to step down but demanded an amnesty for any crimes that he may have committed during his 22 years in power".
My God!

3 Likes

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mr. Jammeh, if they don't give you amnesty, what will you do?

Very funny somebody

Abeg gerrarahia
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
The UN treaty recognises the sovereignty of each state to manage its internal affairs without external influence. The invasion of Gambia by ECOWAS is an act of impunity.

The new president of Gambia IS the state, and he gave them permission to enter. Why do you think they waited until he was sworn in?

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by agrovick(m): 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:

On Thursday, Adama Barrow was inaugurated as Gambia's new president and the U.N. Security Council voted to approve the regional military intervention.

I want to believe safety of human lives ranks above sovereignty of a state.

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Deem: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
I'm so much happy with the way things have gone so faright in Gambia.Jammeh must go!
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by loomer: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
See the names of listed countries wey readily send troops to Gambia. All of them dey stricken with poverty but them get money send soldiers go another country. Useless Africans

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by fabfunmi(f): 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
22 years is such a long time!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by intercom: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
I respect Jammeh even with the whole threat from Africa Continent, he is not moved. Finally negotiation has started. good one
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Sirjohn84(m): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
.After 20+years.why are africa leaders so power drunk..yammeh remained me of one lawerance Gabgon of ivory coast..
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Akpuoru: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
No it' s not. That's the reason of swearing in Barrow, who now as the President can order the mission to go into the Gambia. ECOWAS mission has the consent of the Gambians' President to go into the Gambia. Mind you the troops crossed into the country after the swearing in and not before.

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by skedman(m): 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
I will advise ipob to learn from this,nobody pray for war even the soldiers

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by cptjacksparrow: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
I concur, they tried it in Zimbabwe through election rigging but Mugabe has always been a step ahead of them. Using military option at this point which should be the last resort is suspicious but to face the fact it's time up for Jammeh, they are smarter than him so he should take a bow.

2 Likes

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by DauraDullard0(m): 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Damfostopper:
Atleast.... Atleast im and buhari na d same..... infact buhari worst pass him
I wonder what Buhari's conditions would be in 2019. His hands are completely soiled with innocent blood.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by abnsugbe: 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mologi:
They are going to Gadafy him.....

if he doesn't comply....

check all African Preisdents,they are all MUSLIM..
I wonder what we did to them.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by abnsugbe: 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
Damfostopper:
Atleast.... Atleast im and buhari na d same..... infact buhari worst pass him

check all African Preisdents,they are all MUSLIM..
I wonder what we did to them.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by LoveJesus87(m): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
rosalieene:
I just remembered Gambia existed!!
wow you missing a lot grin D film don almost finish grin cheesy But on a more serious note The Gambia has a lot of very wonderful beaches and coastal lines that anyone would like to visit wink smiley
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by RaptorX: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
How can Togo be sending troops to Gambia when the country is being ruled by a guy that got power transfered to him from his late father who ruled for more than 40 years, African leaders and hypocrisy. I will not surprised if this whole Gambian brouhaha is being orchestrated by some western powers using their African lackeys. Hope the Gambian people will not later regret removing Jameh like the Libyans regret removing Gaddafi.

1 Like

Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by jrusky(m): 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
Well the condition is not too bad except for his demand to stay in Gambia which is dangerous to the new president. Jammeh is a stubborn guy right from onset and he will overthrown Barrow if he is allow to remain in The Gambia.

His people knows him well they knew what he can do he will the entire country on their toes if allow to remain in the country.

At least now we can see those behind him secretly coming out to negotiate with him. All that really matters now is he should for the sake of innocent Gambians and that of his kids just step down and go n peace. Its very pathetic so he now realized he had done evils and he is afraid to face the music So upon all his bragging, all power to kill and to jail, power of marabout(Jazz), carrying crafted chair leg called staff in his hand all the time, calling himself the Lord of The Gambian, Prof, Dr, Sheikh, Master etc can no longer save him

God you are great.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Pascal181: 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
About 20 armoured vehicles to capture on man? I so much feel for this man. it was dat wheel Barrow's mouth dat made dis man not to step down in d 1st place.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:

Lol! Maybe u should read. If d UN had such a "treaty" (I'm sure u don't even know what dt means), it would not interfere in ANY country at all in d world. I wonder why d UN has it's own peacekeeping forces then, or why they are actively supporting this action by ECOWAS.

Just so u know, the cancellation of elections is against GAmbias own constitution & therefore illegal. If jammeh wants to contest the result of the elections, he has to step down first & go to court. Barrow will be inaugurated. When d court submits it's outcome & jammeh wins he can regain his seat. Dt is Gambian law. And there is precedent. Jammehs rivals have contested his election win twice in d past. JAmmeh was still inaugurated while d matter went to court. His opponents did not hold d country to ransom, waiting on court judgements.

The only way ECOWAS would be acting illegally & against its charter wAs if it went against d constitution of a member state.eg. Attacking Cameroon. Cameroon is still under a dictatorship of over 30yrs, his subjects are happy wt it.
Re: Jammeh Gives Conditions To Step Down by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Colonel Doumbouya Covers President Condé With Umbrella (Throwback Photo) / Joe Biden Stumbles Multiple Times As He Boards Air Force One (Video) / David Andahl Who Died Of COVID-19 Wins Election In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.