Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market (1403 Views)

Google's Next Phone 'a Phablet' - Nexus 6 Will Rival The Iphone 6 Plus / 4 Tips For Picking Your Next Phone / How To Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by joraelly4g(m): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2007
The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market
A new mobile phone has been launched called the ( I-Phone ) by Apple ,The leading (IPod) producer.
The IPhone is Nickname ( The Walking Pod ).
The abilities and feutures of the Phone :-
IPHONE VITAL STATISTICS
Screen size - 3.5in (8.9cm)
Resolution - 320x480 pixels
Memory - 4GB/8GB
Wireless - Quad-band GSM/wi-fi/Bluetooth
Camera - 2 megapixels
Battery life - 5 hours talk/16 hours playback
Size - 115 x 61 x 11.6mm
Weight - 135grammes
Operating System - OS X

Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by nike4luv(f): 12:30am On Jan 14, 2007
am getting it cheesy
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by bluenubian(f): 2:57am On Jan 14, 2007
apple makes me sick angry
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by hayprof(m): 3:07am On Jan 14, 2007
The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market

Says Who? shocked
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2007
why on earth do people tout this apple products unnecessarily? everyone shouts ipod this ipod that, its really annoying. plus even the itunes store can't you see they are reaping u off? you'll buy music full with DRM you can't even have control over what you pay for,can't convert it to other formats can't share between your two Os isn't that just pure madness. any day any time i'd go 4 a normal mp3 player or an iriver than waste hard earned money on a marketing stunt
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by kenshin(m): 11:27am On Jan 14, 2007
adewaleafolabi:

why on earth do people tout this apple products unnecessarily? everyone shouts ipod this ipod that, its really annoying. plus even the itunes store can't you see they are reaping u off? you'll buy music full with DRM you can't even have control over what you pay for,can't convert it to other formats can't share between your two Os isn't that just pure madness. any day any time i'd go 4 a normal mp3 player or an iriver than waste hard earned money on a marketing stunt

I feel you cheesy
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2007
thanks jare
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by dough(m): 4:37am On Feb 01, 2007
I feel ya ma brova but the truf of the matter is, you really can't do anything about it. You can't stop 'em, you could only become one of their costumers or haters. Very simple decision you gotta make
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by OmoEko1(f): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2007
@ the topic
I will advice people not to buy it. If the ipod itself is not good after 1yr, how are u sure the one joined with the phone will last. if your ipod is messed up then it will affect the phone, so y put yourself at risk. abeg is wasting of money, and people think is convenient but they are not thinking about the disavantage.
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by nazzyon(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2007
Though I don't have the money but the price is just too much. With that I can get a PC which is even upgradable.

And about the features, since most people are complaining Apple is now upgrading the iPhone but it will be given another model and another price so if you get the iPhone you're going to have to get the new one when it is released.

Trust me if you are really in love with iPods you will enjoy using it.

Good luck with the [size=15pt]iThing[/size] sha!
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by texazzpete(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2007
First off, the guy who started the topic needs 2 do some research; the iphone hasn't been launched yet.

it isn't going to rock the naija market cos it's gonna be too costly when it gets to naija
. if it costs $599 with a Cingular contract, you can bet a sim unlocked version will go for nothing less than $800.
Also the phone isn't even 3g compatible, which means that when the GSm coys in naija launch their 3g service (which will be this year cos the govt is auctioning off the frequencies for 3g in first week in april). fine, you get a hi res screen and a musi player, but when u see guys browsing on their fones with broadband speed, you'll weep with envy.

then the touchscreen thingy, i dunno! all i casn forsee is lots of fingerprints on the screen!
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by Ebirraman(m): 10:33am On Feb 12, 2007
Get the Samsung IP 830. You wouldn't regret it. It has all the whistle and bells and would last a life time.
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by Neoteny(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2007
hmm.
IPHONE VITAL STATISTICS
Screen size - 3.5in (8.9cm)
**so? n93 has one, and so does the upcoming n95*
Resolution - 320x480 pixels
**just like n80, n93**
Memory - 4GB/8GB
**4gigs.n91, been there, done that!**
Wireless - Quad-band GSM/wi-fi/Bluetooth
**yup. n93 and n95 are also quadband gsm/wifi/bt compliant**
Camera - 2 megapixels
**even my aging 3250 is 2mp. and n93 is 3.2, n95 is 5.5 mega pixels**
Battery life - 5 hours talk/16 hours playback
**cant beat the sonyericsson walkman series**
Size - 115 x 61 x 11.6mm
**form factor sounds spookily p990**
Weight - 135grammes
**about as heavy as the n95**
Operating System - OS X
**theres a reason bill gates is richer than steve jobs**

so, wot else is new?

ps: at some dude up there: the ipod actually lasts very long,perhaps you mean the chinese MP4 knock off parading as"ipod", retailing for 15-12k with 1gig of memory that mysteriously shrinks down to 128mb. that aint no i pod, its i-dud. grin
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by texazzpete(m): 11:59pm On Feb 12, 2007
@Neoteny
LolZ! Long time.
Nice stuff you put out there. i'm using a HTC Tytn and I can't for the life of me see anything the iphone has to offer above this.
and yes, people prolly still buy the ipod ripoff. One guy had the audacity to tell me that it was better than my ipod nano cos my ipod only played mp3 (guess he hadnt heard of AAC) and his own was Mp4. That kinda sales spiel probably can fool the unwashed horde, but not me!
Re: The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market by nazzyon(m): 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2007
Had it been that man never dies. I'd love to know what the world, most especially Nigeria would be like in its 3000s. Because the way technology is going only the Almighty knows.

Back in 2001 an online friend showed me a prototype of a News Screen (More Like News Paper) which he made himself just like the one in scifi movies and  2 years back when it was announced that it is now available but not in use.

Though Touchscreens long before the iphone but I give the both the designers of d LG Prada and the iPhone Kudos. When I saw how the way OS-X works I knew the world is getting better.

My prayer is just that GOD should please help we Nigerians to do something good, not necessarilly for the world to see but to improve our economy via technology.

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Violates International Law / Inote Beyond 3g / What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.