Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve (2157 Views)

Mercy Johnson Speaks On Why She Loves Genevieve Nnaji(photo) / Nollywood Actress Mercy Johnson Speaks On Why She Loves Genevieve Nnaji [read / Mercy Johnson Speaks On Why She Loves Genevieve. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
For a long time, crippled people to us are not meant to be pitied. Who would want to be in their shoes? This is because most of the time they are beggars, and are underestimated. They have been neglected. They are among people that should keep the government busy. But Slim Dennis Ometan (producer) and Henry Omeronye (director) are bound to change all these as they featured a cripple (Agu Agidi) in Felicima.

This film is about a very rich young lady known as Felicima (Genevieve Nnaji) who had it all: success, style, love, a business and name of the highest reputation. She one day saw an intriguing picture of a beggar reading news paper (Agu Agidi)and her curiosity was so strong that she could not help but follow the beggar and then she saw something she never knew existed in his strange world.

This beggar on the other hand is a very intelligent man who is self taught and doesn’t have any credentials to show for the things he knows. To survive he had to beg but he was determined not to remain a beggar for the rest of his life so he decided to apply for this job. One of the very touching scenes of the film is that which depicts this cripple struggling to get a bus that will convey him to an interview and in tattered clothes.

The film featrued many Nollywood stars which included Geneviene Nnaji, Alex Usifo, Ngozi Ezeonu, Basorge Tariah (Jr), Yemi Blag, Segun Arinze, Alex Lopez, and Fedick Leonards .
Talking about his experience in directing the film, Henry Omeronye said he did not appreciate how much a disabled person is capable of until he had to be in the same room with one of them and then he ask them to do things that will surprise him and then he was shocked. Felicima is a story that will change your perceptions of the disabled and make you do some soul searching.

Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by tanimz(f): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2009
Hmm, I hope its as good as it sounds/seems. Most Nollywood movies these days are stupidly long with no purpose undecided
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by maedan(f): 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
I trust Genny. She's no more acting for the money so she'll choose her roles well. Sounds touching, a change from her usual flashy movies.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by donjon: 12:31am On Nov 28, 2009
I really hope this flick is as good as it sounds!
Not that i watch nollywood in the 1st place, but i'll be glad to see them improve.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:46am On Nov 28, 2009
maedan:

I trust Genny. She's no more acting for the money so she'll choose her roles well. Sounds touching, a change from her usual flashy movies.
yeah, i read an interview with her. she said she is choosing her roles VERY wisely, and not just accepting anything thrown her way.
thats why she turned down the offer to yankee girls *and if youve watched the movie, its crap! thank God she didnt do it*
genevieve is just, ahhhhhh, i dont even know.
love you genny!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by maedan(f): 12:49am On Nov 28, 2009
^^^Yep, I guess after getting a "mention" on Oprah, she'll be considering more serious roles from now on wink.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:54am On Nov 28, 2009
maedan:

^^^Yep, I guess after getting a "mention" on Oprah, she'll be considering more serious roles from now on wink.
naw, that interview was done way before Oprah, like a little over a year ago.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:13am On Nov 28, 2009
GENEVIEVE! cheesy
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by mamagee3(f): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2009
Genevieve rules Ini Edo anyday. grin grin
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
mama-gee:

Genevieve rules Ini Edo anyday. grin grin

Au contraire, Ini Edo rocks more than. . .IMO. tongue
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2009
koolchicco:

NOOOOOO WAY!!
not even!
she is a good actress but there is only so much i can watch of her, she gets boring too easily.
and she is ever so fond of those everyday roles of playing the bad girl with her rivalry on a university campus, or somewhere along the lines of that. but she is ever so fond with playing the bad girl all the time.
blah, there is only so much you can take.
and if not that, her contrast is usally some crying lovergirl being heartbroken.
sometimes i just wanna say, NEXT!!
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by mamagee3(f): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2009
koolchicco:

Snap into reality, Will you? angry
Ini Edo looks like someone that swallowed a fat goat
. angry
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

NOOOOOO WAY!!
not even!
she is a good actress but there is only so much i can watch of her, she gets boring too easily.
and she is ever so fond of those everyday roles of playing the bad girl with her rivalry on a university campus, or somewhere along the lines of that. but she is ever so fond with playing the bad girl all the time.
blah, there is only so much you can take.
and if not that, her contrast is usally some crying lovergirl being heartbroken.
sometimes i just wanna say, NEXT!!

Maybe you're right. I'd think Geny is pretty good when it comes to acting,
however she come across as a very proud person hence my hatred for her personality cum acting roles.

Diff strokes for diff folks u may say. NO? undecided
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
i dont understand how people keep saying genevieve is a proud person or a snobby person.
i cant help that a lot of her facial expressions give that impression.
but NONE of us know her personally and you cant tell the way someone acts just by the way they are ACTING in a movie.
some people say she is snobbish because of her movie roles. WTF? ITS ACTING! so i dont understand when people say that.
also you cant tell if someone is snobbish by an interview because you cant see their face,facial expressions, or attitude.
so if you think about it NONE of us really know genevieve.
so i dont get this "genevieve is a snob" thing i read everywhere on nairaland.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
mama-gee:

Snap into reality, Will you? angry
[s]Ini Edo looks like someone that swallowed a fat goat
. angry
[/s]
However Her back axle does it for me big time and that's the reality. tongue
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2009
ini edo may have an ass but she is kinda plumpy all over, so it deafeats the purpose.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

ini edo may have an ass but she is kinda plumpy all over, so it deafeats the purpose.

I bet you've not seen the new Ini. . . undecided

BTW, Are you tryna be my mum choose for moi here?  smiley tongue
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
now its Ini Edo.

joblessness.
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2009
Are u talking to me?. .hope not otherwise lipsrsealed angry
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
tpia.:

now its Ini Edo.

joblessness.
oh wait! tpia. is here
joblessness. tongue

koolchicco:

I bet you've not seen the new Ini. . . undecided

BTW, Are you tryna be my mum choose for moi here? smiley tongue
what new Ini? i think the most recent film ive watched of her was Reloaded, and i dont even know how old that is.
what does she look like now? any movies?
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by koolchicco: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

what new Ini? i think the most recent film ive watched of her was Reloaded, and i dont even know how old that is.
what does she look like now? any movies?

Gotta give u a link much later, maybe that would help in making u sheesh. tongue cheesy
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
lmao!!
smiley
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by mamagee3(f): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2009
koolchicco:

[/s]
However Her back axle does it for me big time and that's the reality. tongue

Her back axle is like that of a pregnant cow. grin grin
She can't be mentioned in the same breathe as Genevieve. undecided
Please don't insult a superstar with a supercow
. grin grin
Re: Felicima: The Cripple Who Loves Genevieve by donjon: 1:14am On Nov 29, 2009
Says who?

(1) (Reply)

Ini Edo Shows Off Major Skin And Toned And Legs Wearing Shorts And Crop Top / Lesbianism: Biodun Okeowo And Wura Gold Accuse Each Other [PICS] / Omg!! You Wont Believe What This Woman Is Advertising (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.