Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,999 members, 7,866,781 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Exposed: Reasons Why You Are Still Broke!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Exposed: Reasons Why You Are Still Broke!!! (591 Views)

Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It / Family Of Whistleblower Who Exposed Corruption In Yabatech Cries For Help. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: Reasons Why You Are Still Broke!!! by TribeNG: 10:46am On Jan 21, 2017
Everybody wants to be rich. We want to own that dream house, drive expensive cars, and live life on the fast lanes. We spend so much of our time thinking about making money that we actually forget to apply what it actually takes to make money.
The average Nigerian believes that there is a secret to wealth. And the secret is so closely guided, and that only the super-rich Nigerians know this and they are not willing to share.
Well I am here to tell you the true secret of wealth. The rich know this and that’s why they are own top.
The secret of true wealth is that there is no SECRET!
The answer should be obvious. True, there is no single path to wealth. People become wealthy in different ways. But there are people who have studied ultra-wealthy individuals and they all came with the same conclusion, and that’s the fact that the super-rich all have similar traits. It may differ a bit, but the patterns are always the same.
Man by nature is a creature of habit, and to be on top, you just have to imbibe the right habits. The habit that could net you millions. The following are some of the ways of increasing your chances of becoming rich:

Follow Your dreams

“People are not lazy. They simply have goals that don’t inspire them.”
—Tony Robbins
This is true fact. If you observe some of the wealthiest people in the world today, is that they always follow their dreams. A poor man can go on and on about how he hopes to be wealthy, but if you ask him how he plans to do this, he just stares at you like you just spoke Chinese. If you don’t have anything to strive for, then there is no way you can make it in life.

Read, read, read

“I’m still learning.”
—Michelangelo at age 87
And yes, I know you went to school. You read tons of books in other to pass your exams. Well, in life learning never stops. That’s the first thing you should have in mind.
Some of the wealthiest people in the world never stop reading. They read several books per year. The poor never have time to read. That’s one of the reasons they are still poor. The thing about man is that no one person can hoard all the knowledge. It’s impossible. You can learn a great deal not just from books, but from other media like videos, podcasts, the internet, seminars and so much more.
It’s unfortunate that the average Nigerian believes reading is a waste of time. No wonder America is way ahead of us in every aspect. Americans are great readers. The average American people loves to learn new thing. They love to improve themselves, and that’s why they will always be ahead.

Have a mentor

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
There are people who have passed through the stage you want to go. There are people who know more than you in a particular field. Find such people and have them put you under their wings. Fine, you might love Bill Gates, and your chances of having Bill Gates mentor you are incredibly slim, but that doesn’t stop you from admiring him or aspiring to be greater than him one day. It doesn’t stop you from reading his books, or reading everything you can find on him from the net, or following him religiously on social media.
If you are in the position where you have access to people who have achieved greatly in life, then don’t waste it.

Mingle with the right crowd

“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
― Jim Rohn
Birds of the same feathers they say flock together. If you ever plan to be rich, then forget about friends who bring you down. Friends without ambition. Friends that would gladly put you under the bus at the slightest sign of trouble.
Your network as they say determines your net worth. Network with the right people. If a friend does not in any way advance your goal in life, that friend has no worth in your life. If you observe a rich man, you will always discover that his circle of friends are always other rich people. It’s not pride. Don’t be hating if you see a wealthy man hanging out with other rich men. Look into your circle today, and make sure your circle is made up of equally ambitious men like you.

source: http://tribe.ng/2017/01/21/exposed-reasons-why-you-are-still-broke/
Re: Exposed: Reasons Why You Are Still Broke!!! by Tickles001(m): 7:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice write up.
I believe some minds would be untangled by this

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies Open At Reputable Sports Betting Company / You're Bunch Of Potentials / 5 Ways To Deal With Pressure At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.