Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Study In The US And Canada Today... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study In The US And Canada Today... (605 Views)

Study Abroad In China, UK, USA, Australia And Canada / Prospective African Students Of American And Canada Schools / Study In U.s.a And Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Study In The US And Canada Today... by Josiahdking: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
I want to study abroad, most especially in Europe, US and Canada. How do I go about it? I do not have much information about schools in Europe. However, I do post some opportunities for Europe based on the scholarship alerts I receive. You can always visit the websites of the post I make for European schools and read more about specific scholarship. For US and Canadian schools, I can provide some information.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-6yyk27wBqw0/WIL-8n54fgI/AAAAAAAAAW4/vWaEfC7emTUsRPIBGF_9uORE5MCOedImgCK4B/s640/nigeria-education.jpg[/img]

I know you do not have much information about the EU but I am also interested in US and Canadian Schools. How do I go about it? The first step is for you to go to google, type in “ US Universities + your course of study” if you are interested in the US. You can do a similar search for Canadian schools by replacing US with Canada in your search. It will bring out several schools and you can go through these schools one-by-one. What are the requirements for getting into the US and Canadian schools? Kindly note that different schools have different requirements and so you have to carefully navigate through their graduate school website to have an idea of the requirements.

VIEW OTHER SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROADhttp://schoolhero..com/p/bc-international-student-ambassador.html

It is not enough to just go through the graduate school website, you should also go through the website of your intended department as individual department do have additional requirements in addition to that of the graduate school. Some schools specify this type of requirement as “Program requirements”. For some schools, the major requirements for admission into US and Canadian schools are the results of your undergraduate degree, letters of recommendation, transcripts, a Statement of purpose and for most of the schools (most especially in the US and some schools in Canada), the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). What is the most important criteria out of the ones listed above? I will say that your undergraduate records and the GRE are ranked highest when schools are considering students for admission and funding. Some schools even place more emphasis on your performance in the GRE than your undergraduate record. This is because the educational system varies from one country to another. So the GRE creates an avenue to evaluate students from various educational backgrounds and finally helps the admission committee to evaluate and rank applications to their program. Admission and funding (scholarships) are given to applicants based on this ranking. Once funding is exhausted, other applicants are given an alternative to either fund themselves, or they are denied admission. Is there a difference between funding and scholarship? Funding and scholarships are the same in this context. Funding are given in form of teaching or research assistantship or fellowships (with teaching assistant, some or (mostly all the time) all of your tuition is paid with some stipends by teaching/ assisting in teaching of some undergraduate classes, while with research assistant, you work with a professor helping s/he on a research work) . This includes tuition
click here to continue >>> https://schoolhero..com.ng/2017/01/study-in-us-canada-for-free.html
Re: Study In The US And Canada Today... by danielng101: 10:05am On Mar 21, 2017
Hi Josiahdking

Schools in Europe, US or Canada are excessively expensive, if you have academic merit you can maybe apply for a scholarship?
I found Scholarships Nigeria website quite helpful for my daughter, their website:http://www.scholarshipsnigeria.com.ng/

I had some questions and sent them a message on their Facebook page and they were very helpful, highly recommend!

hope its helful and good luck smiley
Re: Study In The US And Canada Today... by dunsinunchained(m): 5:00am On Mar 29, 2019
Hello house, Trust we're doing fine. Pls i have a few questions to ask.

I have been provisionally admitted into Georgia state university for the masters of Arts, Economics program for Fall 2019.
I wasn't considered for GA cos the admission is provisional.
Id like to know the reasons why it was a provisional admission. Please note that I did not write Gre as the course doesn't require it for Nigerians.

Also id like to know if GRE is a requirement or compulsory for other GAs

Josiahdking:
I want to study abroad, most especially in Europe, US and Canada. How do I go about it? I do not have much information about schools in Europe. However, I do post some opportunities for Europe based on the scholarship alerts I receive. You can always visit the websites of the post I make for European schools and read more about specific scholarship. For US and Canadian schools, I can provide some information.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-6yyk27wBqw0/WIL-8n54fgI/AAAAAAAAAW4/vWaEfC7emTUsRPIBGF_9uORE5MCOedImgCK4B/s640/nigeria-education.jpg[/img]

I know you do not have much information about the EU but I am also interested in US and Canadian Schools. How do I go about it? The first step is for you to go to google, type in “ US Universities + your course of study” if you are interested in the US. You can do a similar search for Canadian schools by replacing US with Canada in your search. It will bring out several schools and you can go through these schools one-by-one. What are the requirements for getting into the US and Canadian schools? Kindly note that different schools have different requirements and so you have to carefully navigate through their graduate school website to have an idea of the requirements.

VIEW OTHER SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROADhttp://schoolhero..com/p/bc-international-student-ambassador.html

It is not enough to just go through the graduate school website, you should also go through the website of your intended department as individual department do have additional requirements in addition to that of the graduate school. Some schools specify this type of requirement as “Program requirements”. For some schools, the major requirements for admission into US and Canadian schools are the results of your undergraduate degree, letters of recommendation, transcripts, a Statement of purpose and for most of the schools (most especially in the US and some schools in Canada), the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). What is the most important criteria out of the ones listed above? I will say that your undergraduate records and the GRE are ranked highest when schools are considering students for admission and funding. Some schools even place more emphasis on your performance in the GRE than your undergraduate record. This is because the educational system varies from one country to another. So the GRE creates an avenue to evaluate students from various educational backgrounds and finally helps the admission committee to evaluate and rank applications to their program. Admission and funding (scholarships) are given to applicants based on this ranking. Once funding is exhausted, other applicants are given an alternative to either fund themselves, or they are denied admission. Is there a difference between funding and scholarship? Funding and scholarships are the same in this context. Funding are given in form of teaching or research assistantship or fellowships (with teaching assistant, some or (mostly all the time) all of your tuition is paid with some stipends by teaching/ assisting in teaching of some undergraduate classes, while with research assistant, you work with a professor helping s/he on a research work) . This includes tuition
click here to continue >>> https://schoolhero..com.ng/2017/01/study-in-us-canada-for-free.html

(1) (Reply)

Pharmacology Books In Pdf Format (pic) / Lautech Verification Date For Freshers Announced / Admissions At Bangor University For Tetfund Scholarship Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.