Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Public Cervix Announcement - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Public Cervix Announcement (1226 Views)

Cancer Of The Cervix / Inflammation Of The Cervix / Severe Pains In The Rectum And Cervix Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Cervix Announcement by FirmcareLab(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
......Are You >18 yrs? Sexually active? Ever had more than one Sexual partner? With or Without kids? ....Join the conversation with Dr. Jawando on this platform to answer all your Questions on Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment.

http://www.firmcare.com.ng
collins@firmcare.com.ng / 09097512106
Suite A3/A4 Tswanya Centre,
Muhammadu Buhari Way, Opp. NIPOST HQ,
Near Old CBN,
Garki Area 11, Abuja

Re: Public Cervix Announcement by FirmcareLab(m): 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
All Participants are welcome to this Educative Session with Dr. Jawando. Keep your questions rolling.
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by DrJawando: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
If she is 18 years and above? If she is sexually active and hasn't had a negative result from a pap smear report she is at risk of cervical cancer .

1 Like

Re: Public Cervix Announcement by decollex(m): 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
DrJawando:
If she is 18 years and above? If she is sexually active and hasn't had a negative result from a pap smear report she is at risk of cervical cancer .
Thank You Sir for the quick response and a concise answer to the question,i was about asking the same question too.
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by DrJawando: 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
You are welcome. Its a completely preventable scourge and early detection is key to complete management.
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by decollex(m): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
FirmcareLab:
All Participants are welcome to this Educative Session with Dr. Jawando. Keep your questions rolling.
Pls Doctor, How would my Fiancee knows if she is at risk of contacting Cervical Cancer?
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by FirmcareLab(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
decollex:
Pls Doctor, How would my Fiancee knows if she is at risk of contacting Cervical Cancer?
Please Decollex Kindly Refer to the previous posts, Dr Jawando has already answered your question, thank you for taking part in this discussion.
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by zara24(f): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2017
@dr jawando, how frequently can a sexually active woman screen for cervical cancer? and is there a vaccine for women whose pap smear result comes out negative?

1 Like

Re: Public Cervix Announcement by amicable09(f): 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
DrJawando:
Sorry Doctor, I'm a tad bit curious tonight, forgive my ignorance but what prompted this response? I didn't see any question.

Is it only sexually active females who are at risk of being infected or should I say diagnosed with cervical cancer?

Thanks.
Very catchy thread title by the way, I like it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Public Cervix Announcement by DrJawando: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
A repeat Pap smear is advised every 3yrs. Yes there is a vaccine to help prevent the virus ie the Human Papilloma Virus(HPV) in patients who test negative
zara24:
@dr jawando, how frequently can a sexually active woman screen for cervical cancer? and is there a vaccine for women whose pap smear result comes out negative?
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by DrJawando: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Yes it is only sexually active women that are at risk of Cervical cancer. The HPV that leads to Cancer of the Cervix is a sexually transmitted infection.
amicable09:

Sorry Doctor, I'm a tad bit curious tonight, forgive my ignorance but what prompted this response? I didn't see any question.

Is it only sexually active females who are at risk of being infected or should I say diagnosed with cervical cancer?

Thanks.
Very catchy thread title by the way, I like it. cheesy
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by amicable09(f): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
DrJawando:
Yes it is only sexually active women that are at risk of Cervical cancer. The HPV that leads to Cancer of the Cervix is a sexually transmitted infection.
Oh oh!
Poor women! This knowledge is new.

Thanks for sharing. At this point I don't think there's so much I need to ask any longer. It's clear now.
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by DrJawando: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
Is there anyone on this thread that has been vaccinated against the HPV and by extension Cervical Cancer?
Re: Public Cervix Announcement by FirmcareLab(m): 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
It is the weekly FAQ session.

Q1: What is the cervix?

A: [/b]The cervix is the lower part of the uterus, which is the female reproductive organ that holds a baby during pregnancy. The cervix connects the uterus and the vagina. The vagina leads to the outside of the body. Both the uterus and the cervix are located in the pelvis. They are in close contact with other pelvic organs, such as the ovaries, upper part of the vagina, bladder, and rectum.

[b]
Q2: Who gets cervical cancer?

A: [/b]Any woman can get cervical cancer, but it occurs more often in Hispanic and African-American women than in non-Hispanic white women. It also occurs most often in women between the ages of 35 and 55.

[b]Your views and comments are welcomed. Where are all the Doctors in the house, over to you guys.

(1) (Reply)

Open Now @ Festac Vima Eye Clinic / Buy Nature Made Magnesium Citrate, Softgels From Micostarmall / How I Got Rid Of My Stubborn Dark Knuckles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.