Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant (37030 Views)

Pictures Many Nigeria Peace Corps Members Can Relate To / Nigeria Peace Corps Job / Nigeria Peace Corp Bill Pass Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by joncom(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
izzou:
grin

Give them 5 years and the same government may consider scrapping it. The enforcement agencies we have are enough. Which peace these ones wan give us?

Nigeria needs a total overhaul
Small time now they will give them gun.

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by mysticwarrior(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=lovat post=53020703]Nigeria don't need any Peace Corps with the Nigeria Civil Defense already in existence.

Akor your Peace Corps was the first to Scam me befor MMM.

I did this nonsense in 2002 with nothing gained[/quote and you will continue to be scammed cos it seems you don't learn from your own past mistakes.
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by Ennyforeal(f): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
owji:
Please tell them again.
Nigeria peace corp should never be institutionalized just to MANAGE youth unemployment, It is wrong. Yes, it may reduce unemployment of the youths for a while. That should not be the main reason for creating peace corp.
Were the NPF, Nigerian Army, Navy, FRSC etc created to cure youth unemployment?
Npower, YOUWIN and the likes are already in place for unemployed youths.

I really don't understand some people, just imagine ur brother is among those that got peace corp after it has been absorbed by the federal government will u say that it is not reasonable will u not be happy that @least ur brother has been gainfully employed? who says there is no money to found this organisation by the federal government when govt officials loot billions on daily basis? am not a member though but I wish it is assented to by the president let the youth @least get something even if little compared to how there children waste money on material things. youth are really suffering and I don't expect same youth to be against the. establishment of peace corp.q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by owji: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
I m not totally against the establishment of peace corps and i didnt say the govt cant fund peace corps, only if it is done for the right reasons and just an avenue to create employment for the youth.
Will you have the govt to start creating phony ministries, parastatals, paramilitaries every now and then just to employ all youths? that is NOT possible. In my own opinion the govt should create an enabling environment (soft loans,infrastructure, power,laws etc) for youths to be self employed, govt cant possibly employ all youths.

The reasons for establishment being talked about by peace corp members are not just cogent enough I.E curbing exam malpractices, community service, neighborhood watch. Eventually if a brother is a beneficiary then its all good smiley but i hope peace corp is established for the right reasons.
God bless Nigeria. God bless PMB.

Ennyforeal:
I really don't understand some people, just imagine ur brother is among those that got peace corp after it has been absorbed by the federal government will u say that it is not reasonable will u not be happy that @least ur brother has been gainfully employed? who says there is no money to found this organisation by the federal government when govt officials loot billions on daily basis? am not a member though but I wish it is assented to by the president let the youth @least get something even if little compared to how there children waste money on material things. youth are really suffering and I don't expect same youth to be against the. establishment of peace corp.q
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by temi1526: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
I want u all to cast ur mind back to 2006/2007 when the NSCDC was established under Obasanjo regime, the comments you are all making now was made then, I remember ppu calling them "GUGURU DEFENSE ". Their main aim was to secure civil properties, government establishment and infrastructure e.t.c, however, at that point the Navy, Army and the police are already watching and safe guarding our oil pipe lines, but with that the NSCDC was still established. To even buttress my point, we all knew that the last administration contracted the pipeline to a certain socio cultural group(OPC) for protection. Please to whom it may concern, would u tell me that the security operatives can't handle the job? Ur guess is as good as mine. Sorry for digression, back to NPC, what is spelt out as their core duty is very simple, even as a matter of sincerity her duties are not duplicating @ all, and if per adventure it does, we r approaching 200 million in these country, be sincere can the existing security agency cater for everyone? OK thank you for that answer. We model our democracy after America and I will list some security agencies present in America, pls if am wrong am open to correction. US ARMY, US NAVY, US AIR FORCE, US MARINE,FBI, CIA, NSA,DEA,homeland security, army Ranger Corp, different departmental police unit(LAPD,NYPD e.t.c), county deputies and sheriff, Texas Rangers corps, swat. And with all of these the world Trade Center was destroyed before their very eyes, the Pentagon was bombed, don't tell me u av forgotten? The Jonathan administration introduced the Ill luck task force that was aborted along the line, am sure most us participated, don't lie most of us were there. We knew how much we spent, and yet it was cancelled abruptly because due process was not followed before the administration was ousted. The NIGERIA PEACE CORPS as been existing for 18 years, all that is needed from the government is a legal framework and backing. As @ now, u don't expect to an NGO to cater for for the feeding and accommodation of thousands of youths, all that is asked is to pay 40,000 for ur training kits,materials and accommodation. If the National Assembly and the presidency is interested in the bill and it's ready for assent now, I would implore you to support the Nigeria peace corps. We r the youths, we r Nigeria. #ourvoicemustbeheard

2 Likes

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by owji: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nigeria peace corps ,please stop this charade. They keep referring USA having peace corps too but the peace
corps in USA is a voluntary program and not avenue to create employment for USA citizen.
I pity those gullible ppl like myself and other ppl that have already dolled out money to the Peace corps.
I think the peace corp should better continue as voluntary organization and keep collecting their 45k and above
for training etc.
You keep on selling recruitment forms and training ppl (in hundreds of thousands) and also promise them
employment,Now.it is the same commandant general of Nigeria Peace Corps that said that at the eventual assent
by PMB the ratio of commissioned officer to voluntary officer will be 20%-80% (20 for officers & 80 for
voluntary office). Just imagine!, and you have already promised employment to all ppl that have enrolled.
You keep hiding under the disguise of generating employment for the youth & you think PMB cant read between
the lines!, more so you keep selling recruitment form to older ppl (40yrs and above)...is a man of 40 years and
above still a youth??.
i will keep telling ppl that they should not pay any 5k for recruitment form or 45k for some phony training. when
the federal government takes over fully there wont be need to pay for training or to buy recruitment form. Note
that there are still other fees to be paid.
WHAT IS THE JOB OF PEACE CORP IN NIGERIA
1. to promote peace in Nigeria (like the other military/paramilitary outfits have been promoting war) cheesy
2. to engage 800,000 youths in meaningful employment (Nigeria army and navy combined don't have up to
600,000 officers) grin
3. to end insurgency (without arms. na juju dem wan use? ) grin
4. to curb cultism in secondary school and university. undecided
5. to curb exam malpractices. undecided
and most importantly for the officers to be getting paid by the fed govt. grin grin grin
see, the Peace corps don't have the interest of the country at heart, what they hungry for is SALARY!!! another
avenue to waste govt resources.
Again, Nigeria peace corps should stop this charade.
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by sfinkzslot(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2017
who has peace corps helped ko nowo soke

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by Souljaboi1: 11:30am On Jan 23, 2017
dominique:
They should just scrap the damn thing, the only person benefiting from it is the commandant. Do we even need another paramilitary organization?

Same question I keep asking.

With rumour of the arming of the FRSC, you can only expect that these ones too in future would lobby for them to be armed.
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by miebi6: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
Bayelsa state is demanding 45k over rubbish dat has not been signed. #Big scam#
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by obinna002: 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
Tear they form and move on, is not by force to pay they 45k.
miebi6:
Bayelsa state is demanding 45k over rubbish dat has not been signed. #Big scam#
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by temi1526: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2017
obinna002:
Tear they form and move on, is not by force to pay they 45k.

Really, it's not by force. U have a choice, u were not coerced into buying the form, where you?

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by Ojonetesy: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
I wonder why some of you are just disturbing yourselves for nothing.
NOBODY IS FORCING ANYBODY TO JOIN THE NIGERIA PEACE CORPS.
Everybody must not join.
They said the same thing to Civil defence which made some of us to ignore them. But the same people that made us not to join Civil defence, went and payed #500,000 plus, after president Obasanjo assented to it, for their relatives to join.
Anybody that don't want to join, should just face his or her work and business.
The more you critisize Peace corps the more Millions of people are trooping there to get the forms and pay the #40,000 for uniforms and etc, because if you don't learn your lessons from Civil defence time, you will never learn anything.
How much is #40,000 that you will not allow Nigerians drink water...
Those of you waiting for the presidential assent before joining, hahaha... I laughed in capital letters, because you need to go and ask other organisations some questions.
You criticised Peace Corps, it passed first reading, second reading, third reading, and now on the president table. And if he does not assent to it, 2/3 of the legislator votes can assent to it and legalise it...period.
To the unemployed youths out there... The society will not help you when you are suffering, so don't allow anybody to fool u just as they did to us during Civil defence era. Grab any job opportunity available,inorder to help yourself and your family, for those telling you that it's a scam, they will never borrow you any money if you are in need of money. Some of them have cars, they will never give you a lift.
#40,000 is not up to the amount you payed in school, it's not upto the amount you have been paying to re-write WAEC every year (to those who have been falling victim of waec)
You should not expect the commandant to fund it from his pocket, it's not yet assented to.
So, if you love yourselves, just close eyes and go for it. And if you can't go for it, just relax and find something else to do. Millions of people have joined, but, Everybody must not join Peace Corps.
If the President or 2/3 legislatures have finally assented to it, don't say; hard-i-know.

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by advocatebaba(m): 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
AND IF 2/3 NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ASSENT D BILL, WHO WILL FUND IT AND WHAT MDA'S OF GOVT WIL IT B UNDA SINCE D MDA's r under d executive arm of govt.
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by temi1526: 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
advocatebaba:
AND IF 2/3 NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ASSENT D BILL, WHO WILL FUND IT AND WHAT MDA'S OF GOVT WIL IT B UNDA SINCE D MDA's r under d executive arm of govt.

Funding is not a problem nor should it be any bodies headache. The NPC is under the ministry of youth and sport.
Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by teebaxy(m): 6:14am On Feb 28, 2017
Ojonetesy:
I wonder why some of you are just disturbing yourselves for nothing.
NOBODY IS FORCING ANYBODY TO JOIN THE NIGERIA PEACE CORPS.
Everybody must not join.
They said the same thing to Civil defence which made some of us to ignore them. But the same people that made us not to join Civil defence, went and payed #500,000 plus, after president Obasanjo assented to it, for their relatives to join.
Anybody that don't want to join, should just face his or her work and business.
The more you critisize Peace corps the more Millions of people are trooping there to get the forms and pay the #40,000 for uniforms and etc, because if you don't learn your lessons from Civil defence time, you will never learn anything.
How much is #40,000 that you will not allow Nigerians drink water...
Those of you waiting for the presidential assent before joining, hahaha... I laughed in capital letters, because you need to go and ask other organisations some questions.
You criticised Peace Corps, it passed first reading, second reading, third reading, and now on the president table. And if he does not assent to it, 2/3 of the legislator votes can assent to it and legalise it...period.
To the unemployed youths out there... The society will not help you when you are suffering, so don't allow anybody to fool u just as they did to us during Civil defence era. Grab any job opportunity available,inorder to help yourself and your family, for those telling you that it's a scam, they will never borrow you any money if you are in need of money. Some of them have cars, they will never give you a lift.
#40,000 is not up to the amount you payed in school, it's not upto the amount you have been paying to re-write WAEC every year (to those who have been falling victim of waec)
You should not expect the commandant to fund it from his pocket, it's not yet assented to.
So, if you love yourselves, just close eyes and go for it. And if you can't go for it, just relax and find something else to do. Millions of people have joined, but, Everybody must not join Peace Corps.
If the President or 2/3 legislatures have finally assented to it, don't say; hard-i-know.
500k pain u? Many are paying as high as 750k and are still getting duped..... Like Yoruba will say..... U don't look at the noise in the market rather u should concentrate on what brought you to the market..... Those People condemning peace corps today will end up begging to pay their wayin, in Future.... Mark my words!

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by teebaxy(m): 6:32am On Feb 28, 2017
owji:
Nigeria peace corps ,please stop this charade. They keep referring USA having peace corps too but the peace
corps in USA is a voluntary program and not avenue to create employment for USA citizen.
I pity those gullible ppl like myself and other ppl that have already dolled out money to the Peace corps.
I think the peace corp should better continue as voluntary organization and keep collecting their 45k and above
for training etc.
You keep on selling recruitment forms and training ppl (in hundreds of thousands) and also promise them
employment,Now.it is the same commandant general of Nigeria Peace Corps that said that at the eventual assent
by PMB the ratio of commissioned officer to voluntary officer will be 20%-80% (20 for officers & 80 for
voluntary office). Just imagine!, and you have already promised employment to all ppl that have enrolled.
You keep hiding under the disguise of generating employment for the youth & you think PMB cant read between
the lines!, more so you keep selling recruitment form to older ppl (40yrs and above)...is a man of 40 years and
above still a youth??.
i will keep telling ppl that they should not pay any 5k for recruitment form or 45k for some phony training. when
the federal government takes over fully there wont be need to pay for training or to buy recruitment form. Note
that there are still other fees to be paid.
WHAT IS THE JOB OF PEACE CORP IN NIGERIA
1. to promote peace in Nigeria (like the other military/paramilitary outfits have been promoting war) cheesy
2. to engage 800,000 youths in meaningful employment (Nigeria army and navy combined don't have up to
600,000 officers) grin
3. to end insurgency (without arms. na juju dem wan use? ) grin
4. to curb cultism in secondary school and university. undecided
5. to curb exam malpractices. undecided
and most importantly for the officers to be getting paid by the fed govt. grin grin grin
see, the Peace corps don't have the interest of the country at heart, what they hungry for is SALARY!!! another
avenue to waste govt resources.
Again, Nigeria peace corps should stop this charade.
A word is enough for the wise
Olodumare oooo, so u are these wise and and you are not yet in the position of leadership in this country ..... U type so foolishly embarassed...... After all, it's better for ur politicians (the Elite) to remain at the top to share our common wealth without doing anything meaningful undecided? But it is a sin for the masses (class u and ur family and friends belong) to benefit from such without doing anything..... The masses must continue to suffer pain b4 they could earn a drip from our common wealth... The thunder that will fire u their is still doing press up ehn..... Ode oshi. Ba brain....... Fela sang it in one of his songs noa..... Suffer suffer.... Suffering and smiling

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by owji: 4:51am On Mar 01, 2017
teebaxy:
Olodumare oooo, so u are these wise and and you are not yet in the position of leadership in this country ..... U type so foolishly embarassed...... After all, it's better for ur politicians (the Elite) to remain at the top to share our common wealth without doing anything meaningful undecided? But it is a sin for the masses (class u and ur family and friends belong) to benefit from such without doing anything..... The masses must continue to suffer pain b4 they could earn a drip from our common wealth... The thunder that will fire u their is still doing press up ehn..... Ode oshi. Ba brain....... Fela sang it in one of his songs noa..... Suffer suffer.... Suffering and smiling

So much can be deduced from your comnent.

Firstly, You might be a midget or a half man.

Secondly, you r nt fit to be in a leadership position,

Thirdly, you are selfish & largely uncultured.

Lastly, you r probably a member of peace corps in Nigeria.

I almost ignored your selfish & impertinent writeup. But I think you should borrow some common sense from ppl who are more educated, informed regarding such issue as being trashed in this topic.

So, according to you OR according to your unintelligent idea that you wrote up there....Nigeria peace corp should be created JUST for the masses/youth to benefit from the 'common wealth' please define ur 'common wealth ' oh biko ... Oh boy ! I want to believe you are smarter and educated than that.

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by teebaxy(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
owji:

So much can be deduced from your comnent.

Firstly, You might be a midget or a half man.

Secondly, you r nt fit to be in a leadership position,

Thirdly, you are selfish & largely uncultured.

Lastly, you r probably a member of peace corps in Nigeria.

I almost ignored your selfish & impertinent writeup. But I think you should borrow some common sense from ppl who are more educated, informed regarding such issue as being trashed in this topic.

So, according to you OR according to your unintelligent idea that you wrote up there....Nigeria peace corp should be created JUST for the masses/youth to benefit from the 'common wealth' please define ur 'common wealth ' oh biko ... Oh boy ! I want to believe you are smarter and educated than that.
I thought of it that you must be dumb goat not to have used your brain in the first place.. How many of thoes that paid approached u for the said money been collected for the camp..... U talked about me been selfish.... Had it been u had mentioned it that u were incapacitated to join due to ur financial constraints, maybe I wouldn't have talked to u d way I did, instead u hid under the presence of a human right activist. Axin, I can't just fathom how it's been ur headache how people have chosen to spend their hard earned money.... I don't just get.... And please, remain in ur foolish being and stop quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Why We Collect N40k From Nigeria Peace Corps Applicants - National Commandant by Godwin2real: 7:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
Every one is just shouting abt everything peace corps did we 4get all this things govt n all the house of Assembly and the agency are doing is business, the bill cannot pass lower chamber upper chamber by itself, it need raw cash to services the process, and the President will check the business proposal if is profitable or not b4 assenting to any bill, if the proposal is profitable govt have to create a budget that will cover the business while the agency will promise to keep the end of his bargain. I don't see the all thing as a problem, just that police see that peace corps will cover some avenue they used to raise revenue to d govt that is the problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.