Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? (1345 Views)

John Boyega Puts Wizkid's "Daddy Yo" In 'Pacific Rim Uprising' Hollywood Movie / Little Boy Cries Over Wizkid Daddy Yo (Video) / "Daddy Yo": New Photos Of Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by praiz628(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Daddy Yo is Wizkid’s first official single under RCA Records and it sure did leave up to our expectation.
He practically bounced on the beat to give it that groovy feel with Efya hook on the chorus which complemented Wizkid’s verse to make it a hit that it is.
The beat is between danceall and pop which sounds like something you will only hear in the early 90’s but how Wizkid was able to play around the beat and still make out something nice out of it proves that he’s a genius in his craft.
The song as good as it a sound still lacks that extra Afrobeat touch that we all know Wizkid for in his songs . It’s more like he was recording the song to suite his international fans and forgetting his fans back home. The song is groovy but that African sound is missing.
Daddy Yo no doubt is a good song but as for me its overrated, it was a risky move for him to release it at the end of the year but it’s now paying off as the song is currently one of the biggest song in 2017.
On a Scale of 10 my Rating to this song is 4/10 …
What is your take on this please share your thoughts and comment your own Rating below on a scale of 1 – 10
Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by Khd95(m): 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
I ve a f#ck,but iam not giving it
Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by lionlamb020(m): 12:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Definitely below expectation, but will still enjoy the hype from fans and media
Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 22, 2017
I'm not sure, but Estharfabian has been singing it in her sleep. If that counts for anything.

1 Like

Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by BiafranBushBoy: 1:09am On Jan 22, 2017
Haute:
I'm not sure, but Estharfabian has been singing it in her sleep. If that counts for anything.

You barely make a post without tagging a lady.. especially the lady you tagged now.

Which makes you look weird!

or does her reply boost your Ego?

1 Like

Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 22, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

You barely make a post without tagging a lady.. especially the lady you tagged now.

Which makes you look weird!

or does her reply boost your Ego?

I am weird.
Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by atilla(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
3 over 10

Nothing about the song is really nice apart from the annoying chorus but I find myself singing it to annoy people
Re: Is Wizkid’s “daddy Yo” An Overrated Song OR Yet Another Standard Hit Over? by YhungPablo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
over hype.

(1) (Reply)

Miss Noun (national Open University Of Nigeria) 2016/2017 / I’m Still A Virgin Since Davido Turned Down My Sex Offer – Singer, Adokiye / Fashiion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.