Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. (32396 Views)

A School Named After Sir Emeka Offor In Katsina State (Photo) / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seunmsg(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
The authorities of the Umaru Yar’Ádua University, Katsina, have denied discriminating against Christian students in the approval granted a students religious association to operate on its campus.
The Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University, Sulaiman Kankara, had in January 17 memo informed students of a new guideline for the registration of clubs and associations in the institution.
In the circular, Dr. Kankara indicated that participation in clubs and associations, including departmental ones, were strictly optional and that no student should be compelled to pay dues.
He also outlawed the formation of tribal and local government associations in the university.
But the controversial part of the memo which made the document to go viral was the dean’s pronouncement that the “Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate on campus.”
After the memo was shared on social media, the university came under ferocious attacks from many Nigerians, with some commentators saying the guideline was part of government’s plot to Islamise Nigeria.
But when contacted on Sunday morning, Dr. Kankara said that aspect of the guideline was actually targeted at Islamic groups which were beginning to mushroom on campus, creating division among students of the same faith.
The dean said, “Actually there is one misconception in the memo. But the fact of the matter is that in Umaru Yar’Ádua University, there is no association known as Christian Students Association.

“There is one religious association and subsidiary Islamic students associations like the Tijjanniya Students Movement in Nigeria, Academic Forum of Islamic Movement in Nigeria and many associations like that.
“They are Islamic students association. So what we want is to have a single union which will be the mouthpiece of muslim students and that is the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria.
“It has nothing to do with any Christian group because up till now, I have not received any application requesting registration of Christian Students Society.
“And once they do that, we are ready to register them. Even as at last week, we said the two religious group to be recognised by the university will be the Muslim one and one from Christian side.
“Up till now we are to receive any application for the registration of any Christian association in the university from any group.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/221208-katsina-university-says-memo-religious-groups-campus-targeted-muslims-not-christians.html

Cc: lalasticlala

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by BudeYahooCom: 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
I thought the yoruba muslim op said the letter was forged by the IPOB on the other thread? grin

I can only laugh at christians who continue to allow themselves to be deceived, especially the anti-Kanu/anti-Biafrans who have conveniently donated their brains to these deceitful muslim for 'Sai baba' brainwashing.

Apostle suleiman is now running around for cover against fulani muslims after calling Biafrans (the only people who say things the way the are without fear or favour) rabble-rousers. grin grin

I know some muslims (especially yorubas) will come here and claim to be christians who believe there is nothing wrong with a letter which clearly stated 'NO ORGANISATION EXCEPT MUSLIM SOCIETY IS ALLOW TO OPERATE IN THE UNIVERSITY'.

They will come here and try to twist meaning of a Statement that is VERY CLEAR. I laugh at christians who have sworn to be zombies to the Al-taqqiya of these muslims who deceive you to protect their interests.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seunmsg(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
All the bigots and divisive characters who have been shouting islamisation over a policy that has nothing to do with Christian should come here and read the true position of things. We should all endeavor to understand a policy before reading bigoted ethnic and religious sentiments into everything. We all gain nothing by dishonestly creating ethnic and religious division all over the country.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Dezzx(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
All the bigots and divisive characters who have been shouting islamisation over a policy that has nothing to do with Christian should come here and read the true position of things. We should all endeavor to understand a policy before reading bigoted ethnic and religious sentiments into everything. We all gain nothing by dishonestly creating ethnic and religious division all over the country.
so u have swallowed this bare face lie, hook line and sinker?

118 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Alawe(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
grin
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by BudeYahooCom: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
YOU ARE A VERY DECEITFUL YORUBA MUSLIM.

FROM 'THE FAKE LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY IPOB' to 'THE LETTER DOESN'T REALLY MEAN WHAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN'

ANY PERSON WHO LISTENS TO YOU CANNOT BE SAID TO HAVE A PROPER WORKING BRAIN.

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seunmsg(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dezzx:
so u have swallowed this bare face lie, hook line and sinker?

The explanation makes lots of sense to an objective mind.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by ironheart(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Thats how they twist it. Best the christians go an register now o

9 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Op weldone for that write up

I wonder all those fanning religious intolerance

The race is a personal one

Either Muslim or Christianity are all alien to Africa

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by lirusehn(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
I am a Yoruba Christian, so i support woreva Biafrans say undecided undecided

23 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by nwabobo: 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

This is clearly a face saving lie which won't fly.

The memo clearly stated that "MSSN is the only religious association allowed on campus". Nowhere did it state that MSSN is the only Muslim religious association allowed on campus.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by CriticMaestro: 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
make una calm down, but just out of curiosity if nigeria is to be divided will the two sides ban the least populated religion? first and foremost no part of nigeria is united...the only reason why religion keeps topping the agenda is bcux the kantry is still united, when its divided we will kontinue to fight among ourselves...it's simply the black man's way...Violence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by xdos(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
Well explained but which Christian student would want to show himself to the school authority in the name of applying for Christian student association in a Muslim dominated state/school. Isnt that suicidal? undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seunmsg(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

FROM 'THE FAKE LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY IPOB' to 'THE LETTER DOESN'T REALLY MEAN WHAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN'

ANY PERSON WHO LISTENS TO YOU CANNOT BE SAID TO HAVE PROPER BRAIN.

I am not a Muslim. Yes, i initially doubted the authenticity of the memo based on how it was presented by freeglobe who even went ahead to lie that the university belongs to the federal government.

The fact that we can no longer deny is that the memo was not targeted at any islamisation agenda. It is simply to regulate the multiplicity of muslim organisation on the university campus and has nothing to do with Christians.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

ANY PERSON WHO LISTENS TO YOU CANNOT BE SAID TO HAVE PROPER BRAIN.

Calm down your nerves

Cause of your nervous system

We don't have yoruba Muslim or Christian

We are all one

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by SUPERPACK: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Christians and fear are like

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

I am not a Muslim. Yes, i initially doubted the authenticity of the memo based on how it was presented by freeglobe who even went ahead to lie that the university belongs to the federal government.

The fact that we can no longer deny is that the memo was not targeted at any islamisation agenda. It is simply to regulate the multiplicity of muslim organisation on the university campus and has nothing to do with Christians.

Bros must you tell them

You are Omoluabi

We don't preach hatred

We preach love

Either Christian or Muslim that preach hatred

Are all hypocrite

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by drss2(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
trying to spin d un-spindable. they just had to cheap in "only muslims" to twist d truth about their agenda. wat do they mean by dis "MSSN is d only "Religions" organization "Allowed" to operate in d university" (take note of words in quotes) was dis not expressly stated in d memo as released by d university manag dat MSSN is d ONLY religious org "allowed" to operate in d university did d memo say MSSN is d only muslim religious org allowed to operate in d university am not surprised. spining d truth, going round in circle just to decieve d gullible is their talent n way of life.

be on alert! taqiyya is one of d greatest tool of islamization.

29 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seunmsg(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
nwabobo:

The memo clearly stated that "MSSN is the only religious association allowed on campus". Nowhere did it state that MSSN is the only Muslim religious association allowed on campus.

“It has nothing to do with any Christian group because up till now, I have not received any application requesting registration of Christian Students Society.
“And once they do that, we are ready to register them"
- Sulaiman Kankara, Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University.

8 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by ayatt(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
The purported thread which tend to discreet my school will not see the light of the day..

the funny thing is that it has even made the school more popular right now..so OP jst forget the children of hate who are trying by all means to be relevant.

The school is a state uni not a federal uni as some people said.

The acting dean student affairs clearly stated that he has not received any application for the registration of christian students association.

Long Live umaru musa yaradua university katsina!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by PRYCE(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nonesense!

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by nwabobo: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

“And once they do that, we are ready to register them"
- Sulaiman Kankara, Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University.

Face saving lie.

22 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Are you from katsina?

Please be sincere can you allow a msssn in NnamdI
Azikwe university?

Let's stop all this religious bigotry

Christian or Muslim is not the key thing

The main thing is are you good as human ?

18 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by BudeYahooCom: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

We know you are one of those who deceive your yoruba christians and other christians in 2015 that you were a 'christian' who would swear for buhari's neutrality when it comes to ethnoreligious issue so you can sway votes to the dull sick mallam.

We've caught many of you yoruba muslims even here going to extent of claiming to be SSners who hate SEners and Biafra, the unfortunate thing is you had poor memories and forgot NL had 'post history'. This blew your cover.

If you yoruba muslims can claim to be SSners shamelessly to score a political point, why should it be difficult for you to claim 'christian yoruba' to deceive your gullible zombies. What shamelessness! grin

24 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by KidsNEXTdoor: 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
His defense is shallow
It's all lies
My Yoruba Muslim go sitdown
We have never been this divided since bigoted Buhari took power
Little wonder this is emanating from his home state

17 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

We know you are one of those who deceive you yoruba christians and other christians in 2015 that you were a 'christian' who would swear for buhari's neutrality when it comes to ethnoreligious issue.

We've caught many of yoruba even here going to extent of claiming to be SSners who hate SEners and Biafra, the unfortunate thing is you had poor memories and forgot NL had 'post history'.

If you yoruba muslims can claim to be SSners shameless to score a political point, why should it be difficult for you to claim 'christian yoruba' to deceive your gullible zombies. What shamelessness!

We deal with human being, what he as to offer

Not hiding under religion and perpetrating evil in the name of religion

That's why they call us onoluabi

4 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by BudeYahooCom: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

[s]Calm down your nerves
Cause of your nervous system

We don't have yoruba Muslim or Christian

We are all one[/s]

The problem is you guys tell yourselves these lies over and over again thinking your conscience can easily swallow it.

Why are the nurudeens and morufs fighting christians over hijabs all over yorubaland especially in osun? grin

17 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

His defense is shallow
It's all lies
My Yoruba Muslim go sitdown
We have never been this divided since bigoted Buhari took power
Little wonder this is emanating from his home state

I[b]n Yoruba land we say no to religious intolerance

Let it thrive in your place

Don't bring it to our land

We say NO to it [/b]

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

The problem is you guys tell yourselves these lies over and over again thinking your conscience can easily swallow it.

Why are the nurudeens and morufs fighting christians over hijabs all over yorubaland especially in osun? grin

Did you heat any killing

Did you see hatred thriving among us on religion?

I told you let it reign in your land

We say NO to religious intolerance

4 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by nwabobo: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

Are you from katsina?

Please be sincere can you allow a msssn in NnamdI
Azikwe university?

Let's stop all this religious bigotry

Christian or Muslim is not the key thing

The main thing is are you good as human ?

That's my Alma mater and the MSSN is a very vibrant organisation there.

12 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Ngokafor(f): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
...Muslims and their official lies undecided...How is a memo banning any other religious activites apart from muslim association targeting only muslims??..Christians in the SW should better open their eyes cos they apoear to be the most clueless about the ethno-religious politics going on...Open your eyes and be vigilant before its too late..A word is enough for the wise

...Btw i think its high time this country is split already so that these muslims can do whatever they like...I am all for any group or organisatio championing the dissolution of this country and would lend my support any way i can...Enough is enough

10 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sarrki(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
nwabobo:

That was my Alma mater snd the MSSN is a very vibrant organisation there.

In where?

Please swerve religious is a personal race

Your been good won't make me to paradise

Likewise my work can't take my son or my household to paradise

It's a personal race

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents / LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.