Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Take Back Your Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take Back Your Islam (399 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Back Your Islam by Sabergol99(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
I grew up in an inter-religious family where faith is very important. Though (was) a christian, having muslim relatives made me realise that were not all that different. Infact, I secretely admired muslims for their intense devotion to their faith. So much that I once read part of a cousins Koran and learned the salat. That mentality I carried into the university where some of my closest friends were (and still are) devout muslims. You would agree with me that the muslim faith has come under intense criticism since 9/11. Moreso in Nigeria where we just can't seem to hear the end of it - boko haram, fulani herdsmen, child marriage, abductions, misogyny, illiteracy and intolerance are some vices we've come to associate with islam. I've made it an unwritten law not to discuss criticisms of islam with my relatives so as not to hurt their sensibilities bv never have i felt such distrust towards muslims as i do now. Most times when we point out some of these injustices performed in the name of islam you get denial, victimization, and sometimes even arrogant justification from our muslim brothers. This is a call to those who firmly believe islam is a peaceful religion. You must be vocal in your condemnation of intolerance. Only with a united voice can we defeat those sowing the seeds of hatred and discord.

2 Likes

Re: Take Back Your Islam by Ten12(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
dear because I like your write-up I will be very honest with my reply...Islam is like those bad gifts that comes in very beautiful packs...you know like the sound of the bitter cola that makes u feel the taste must be very sweet....like the beautiful gun that kills...ayu beginning to understand?

3 Likes

Re: Take Back Your Islam by alBHAGDADI: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Islam has 2 arms. One is the jihad arm while the other is the so-called moderates. When the jihad arm successfully eradicate Christianity from a region, the moderates will move into the region and scream Allaha Akubay.

So, if you are expecting the moderates to condemn the jihadists, then you are on the wrong part.

3 Likes

Re: Take Back Your Islam by chuose2: 8:06am On Jan 23, 2017
The worst religion on earth.

The only religion that advocates murder angry

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Pledges Daughter As Tithe / Apostle Suleman Is Innocent And I Don't Know Festus Keyamo - Alleged Lover / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(sat. 11/03/2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.