Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! (934 Views)

Global Warming: I Hear You / Global Warming / Is Global Warming Fake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by NegroNtns(m): 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2009
"Yvo de Boer, head of the Secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, has accused the European Union (EU) of demanding too much of developing nations in return for financial support. "When European finance ministers talk about developing countries, as a prerequisite for financial support, having to put comprehensive national strategies in place, that goes beyond what was agreed in that fragile process in Bali," he said.

The EU has proposed including developing nations in an expanded emissions trading scheme. This, according to de Boer, would result in "financial resources after the fact, after they have realized the reduction," whereas "what developing countries are looking for is investment capital up front." Barbara Helfferich, EU spokeswoman for the environment, responded that "of course we want developing countries to develop low carbon strategies and plans before we would commit money, but it's not a case of, 'You do this first and then you get the money.' It's in no way tit for tat."

For more go here. . . .

http://www.tiempocyberclimate.org/newswatch/

Westerners are re-defining the political currency. "The currency has changed Chum. . . we no longer trading in fiduciaries. Your oil wealth has just lost its value" How much carbon footprint do you have in reserve to trade on the open market?

Where are the African economists. . .anything you care to add here?
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by Ibime(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2009
The Western countries are just looking for new markets, of which environmental services are forefront in their thinking.
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by Ikomi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2009
Ibime:

The Western countries are just looking for new markets, of which environmental services are forefront in their thinking.

Very true, its like telling a man that is learning to walk, if you reduce your speed limits you might get a compensation. In other words your telling him don't run, I'll do the running for you in a very safe fashion. undecided
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by NegroNtns(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2009
. . . except that they are forcing sponsorship in a market that rests its laurel on the outcome of scientific evidence that is yet to be settled.

Nothing is wrong with prospecting when the tangibles are self-evident. Nobody. . .not even Al Gore can bet his wealth on this empty abstract nonsense he was awarded a nobel prize for. What's up with Nobel Prize going to unearned praises lately?
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by preselect(m): 4:18am On Nov 29, 2009
nobel didnt start giving such accolades today, they have been doing that for over a hundred yrs. i think this global warming thing is a little bit over-flogged, i mean there are soo many urgent problems in the world today, whose solutions can be reached with proper focus but nothing has been done about them.

I am yet to be fully convinced about all this global warming thingy. britain is still cold grin they are talking about the environment in 50-I00yrs, but wahala in africa today is such a threat that millions of africans are not sure if they'll live for 2 more yrs grin

anyway, siddon look cool
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by TayoD1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Negro,

Are you sure you really want to discuss this topic? There are a lot of powerful people that will go to any extent to silence opposition to this new religion called global warming. Why a religion? It is absolutely not based on any verifiable scientific data. Possibly hacked emails released in the last few days reveal the manipulation and suppression of data that completlety invalidate the lies they are selling to us. Benny Maddof will cringe in the face of the this Ponzi scheme that the Left is perpetuating. And to think they associate 419 only to Nigeria.
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by SkyBlue1: 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2009
For me the legitimacy of global warming is not the issue at all. What African countries should see as an insult is western countries calling for them to adopt technologies that have not even been fully developed, at the expense of development which could come from a more readily available source. Which part of the world contributes more to pollution? How much power does Africa generate compared to other continents? PHCN does not even generate up to 4000MW, compare that to Britain that generates about 87GW (over twenty times what PHCN generates), and at least 70% of the energy the UK generates is from either coal or oil, and that is just the UK. The world can go global warming crazy, if it means more forests, clean air and saving more wildlife, then surely, that is a good thing. However, industrialised nations should not be in anyway coercing African nations to be the solution to a problem they did not cause, or invest in such technologies at the expense of industrialisation which could lift a lot of people on the continent out of poverty, such should be seen as a blatant and brazen insult.
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by Ikomi(m): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Sky Blue

I have asked everyone on Nairaland about you, where have you been. wink
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by NegroNtns(m): 1:17am On Dec 01, 2009
Tayo,

You are correct. This is about personal enrichment and fame. It has nothing to do with saving humanity.

Sky,

This is the launch of a new political currency. In the beginning they are promising partnership to fight global warming. . . but in the end, Africa will be invaded by a host of companies running away from carbon tax in America and EU. They will move their production lines here but keep their operations in their birth countries. This will increase our pollution and increase health hazards from airborne irritants. . . the very reason they are not wanted at home. Our governments will be powerless to fight it and our people will get sick and our air quality further damaged. . . while theirs in America and EU improves.

These people are asking our leaders to yield again. . . cede your rights and that of your people so that the white person can enjoy a better and supreme quality of life.

Fu_ck them and their carbon credits. . . angry
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by yeswecan(m): 10:05am On Dec 01, 2009
Global warming is the biggest scam, they are looking for avenue to introduce new tax plus possible World Coalition.
Re: Global Warmi. . ., Ahem, Ecuse Me. . . "pocket Warming"! by FBS: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2009
Global warming? A very catchy phrase eh?  cheesy

Ikomi:

Very true, its like telling a man that is learning to walk, if you reduce your speed limits you might get a compensation. In other words your telling him don't run, I'll do the running for you in a very safe fashion. undecided
Very kwarect!

(1) (Reply)

Tea Leaves Divination . . . . . . . .for Palin-2012 / Us Embassy Issues Warning Of Threat Of Bomb Attack In Abuja / Hamas Execution Of 6 Men, Draged In The Streets Of Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.