Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,556 members, 7,865,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread - TV/Movies (1875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread (3149318 Views)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / Efe Wins Big Brother Naija 2017 / Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) (1878) ... (3141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
pocohantas:
Una sabi type o.
Ndifreke! Na only you waka come? shocked

I was hoping you'd say "dem use Epistle swear for you?" so I can get mad at you like Princesskab_ tongue grin

PS: It's Ndifereke not Ndifreke, I almost missed this mention.
Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Vanessa88(f): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Vivipop:
Efe is now a household name, from nobody to somebody already?... Kai!!!
Good day people...
Hypocrisy is when you complain that people are decamping from other housemates team to join Efe but welcome anybody that cares to join you in supporting your favourite HM . Some of us had always liked Efe right from inception(He has a likeable personality) but because of some personal reasons, we pitched our tents with other HM. It's logical for us to have come back to our "first love" when our fav HMs got evicted. I supported Gifty because she is from Obosi but I couldn't keep up with her lies and ingenuity. I decamped to Uriel's even before Gifty was evicted ,she makes me laugh so hard in her DSs. Now she was prematurely evicted, so I am back to my first- Efe.
Why should I even bother with explanations? It's my money, my choice. If you have a problem with that, gbawaa door!!!
PrincessKab, thanks for the updates, you are very much appreciated.

#IstandwithEfe

We officially welcome you to Team Efe
Winning is our Game!
#Proudly Team Efe

8 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ndifereke:

Bloody illiterate, it's "thoughts" not "tots", Mr. Corrector. How did you graduate from nursery school sef? By buying DStv Explorer and screaming "channel 29"?
and when u read this: ur tots are irrelevant , do u understand what am trying to say or should i send it via bluetooth to ur kidney
ure trying so hard to make sense cheesy knowledge is earned not assumed

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Not Again!! This blathering idiot_ that types in caps cancels my post again. Why are some people so daft and proud about it?

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Vivipop(f): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
CuteJude:
the only thing unique about u is ur unending allegiance with losers

So much talk with little substance , honestly nobody cares about shifts in the lower echelon of society , spare us ur tales
Like someone rightly said,If only your brain can be exchanged with a basket of chicken feathers, maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be totally useless. Get your fake self off my mention!!!

Argue with your remote...

#istandwithEfe

13 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
CuteJude:
and when u read this: ur tots are irrelevant , do u understand what am trying to say or should i send it via bluetooth to ur kidney
ure trying so hard to make sense cheesy knowledge is earned not assumed

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by MelaninPapi(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
when will these two ,what's their name TTT/Bisola ...
Get to finally take their clothes off
They can't seem to get off each other's face
angry
Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Foxrain: 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
CuteJude:
the only thing unique about u is ur unending allegiance with losers

So much talk with little substance , honestly nobody cares about shifts in the lower echelon of society , spare us ur tales
grin

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
Vivipop:
Like someone rightly said,If only your brain can be exchanged with a basket of chicken feathers maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be totally useless. Get your fake self off my mention!!!

#istandwithEfe[/b]
bolded u make it too easy cheesy cheesy cheesy go back to school , its not too late for u , ure exchanging and keeping undecided

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
Akthedream112:

NDIFAKE,I AM NOT SORRY.. PLS HIT YOUR HEAD ON A CONCRETE FLOOR IF YOU ARE SO PAINED.. ENJOY
be nice to the elderly , 911 doesnt work in nigeria ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by sod09(m): 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Vivipop:
Like someone rightly said,If only your brain can be exchanged with a basket of chicken feathers, maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be totally useless. Get your fake self off my mention!!!

#istandwithEfe

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
CuteJude:
be nice to the elderly , 911 doesnt work in nigeria ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I AM TRYING MY BEST BRO....
YOU TOO TAKE IT COOL WITH HER..

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Someone sent me this BC message an hour ago. Don't know how true it is.
STILL ON THE #Kemen MATTER!

#BBNaija: The Ironical Farce Of The Big Brother Naija Reality Show : MR KEMEN AS A SCAPEGOAT

Nigerian lawyer, human right activist and principal founder of "Pelumi Olajengbesi & co" legal firm ( Law Corridor) has reacted to the disqualification of former Big brother housemate "Kemen".

Olajengbesi Pelumi wrote an article concerning the whole alleged sexual asualt on Tboss which led to kemen disqualification. Read below:
A BRIEF LEGAL APPRAISAL
Having seen the viral video of the said sexual assault attempt and the basis of Mr. Kemen disqualification from the BBN house, I make bold to state categorically that the Big Brother Naija (BBN) decision is an irony of their own twisted world,and further declare that Mr. Kemen has committed no offence, not in law or even the tenets of the BBN code. Hence, Mr. Kemen must be allowed to breathe freely.
I am particularly worried that individuals with market place ideas of law are beginning to make silly comments that have no place in law. Making presumption (s) on the law from a contrived sense of morality is not only resentful but hypocritical.
There is absolutely no crime recognised by law that survives without the element of an intention before the action except in strict liability cases under which a claim for sexual assault does not come under. In other words, for an act to be a crime there has to be prior intention to commit said crime, known in law as the mens rea.
Mens rea ( Latin for "guilty mind" ) is the mental element of a crime. The test of criminal liability is expressed in the Latin phrase, " actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea", which implies the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty.
In the scenario that took place in the BBN House, there are actually offences that can be likened in the circumstance, sexual assault, which must be proven with elements of violence and there was non, no violence of any quantum at all hence sexual assault have no bearing in the situation. Also putting sexual harassment into consideration, it has no place in the situation because it has to do with hostile environment and undue pressure on the other sex. Sexual harassment is not necessarily nor absolutely about consent. In fact, a person can be sexually harassed, yet had given consent but the law will hold the actor liable for a sexual offence.
Sexual harassment will therefore occur where a person of a higher social power would put the other party into a position he or she would not be able to decline sex. A good example would be of a woman seeking employment, a student to a lecturer etc, where the environment is hostile and the balance of power or strength disproportionate.
BBN have the right to disqualify any of their members in the program but they don't have the right to lower the estimation of his person in the eye of every right thinking person.
Firstly, we know it's trite law that he who asserts must prove. Can the element of sexual harassment be proven in this instance ? In a sexual harassment case, the court looks at the surrounding circumstances, importantly the nature of the environment and social bargaining circumstance. Why then can't we put the activities carried out on a daily basis on the Big brother house into context.
The Big brother house is amorous and accommodates such tendencies. You see a man and woman bathing together, women working around with panties, almost completely naked. In such an environment, no one can sue for sexual harassment except in an event of sexual assault and there must have been the use or threat of violence on the other party.
Reviewing the case of Oludotun Ogunbayo v. The State, the Appeal Court upturned the decision of the High Court in the instance of the complainant 's inability to establish sexual harassment because of the surrounding circumstances.
To better illustrate, a female stripper cannot sue a man for sexual harassment while giving him a lap dance in a club. In the context of the Big Brother Naija v. Kemen issue, Tboss and Kemen had shared prior intimate and suggestive moments that can be actively construed as Tboss leading Kemen on. In fact, she had enjoyed a massage lying completely naked with a flimsy towel thrown on over her while Kemen massaged her prior to bedtime.
'Leading Him On' is a principle in law which can be inferred from the relationship both parties shared in the house. They had been extremely close and even sleep on the same bed. The lady in question occasionally pulled on the guy's boxers, opened her breast to him and so many other amorous or suggestive activities. She is therefore not a weaker person and she has equal bargaining power with him.
Secondly, I have listened to arguments of CONSENT, but people need to remember that this is law and not sociology or theatre arts. Consent can be implied or expressed. A woman and a man cannot be in an amorous environment yet raise matter of consent, they can't share what the parties shared and yet talk about consent, they have their bath together, the girl touches him sensitively and all. Consent is thus a contextual overreach in this circumstance.
The key element in sexual harassment is a hostile environment in corpus juries world over. It can be implied or expressed, a situation where there is a weaker and a stronger person in terms of needs and influence. A man may sexually harass his female house help or a lady seeking for employment in his company even with her consent, yet be liable in law, as far as she was unduly compelled to give the consent to secure the favour. However in such situations, it must be severe and pervasive.
I therefore want to say without doubt that Kemen was defamed by the Big Brother Nigeria show by allowing the general public to think he had sexually assaulted a fellow housemate. This is wrong and unfair to him. In fact, his act promoted the publicity of the BBN in line with what they are ostensibly set up to do.
I dare say the organisers of the show are as culpable as Kemen should they persist in labelling him as such and not correct the impressions about Mr. Kemen that they've stirred up. At the point said act was underway, with the live cameras on, the organisers of the show must have been fully aware and could have made a move to contain the happenstance but didn't. That makes them abetters if they decide to hold onto their wrongful assertions.
Be advised on my true position. I am by this in no way condoning a sexual assault on a woman or a man, nor encouraging same. I have simply put in context this particular issue, deriving my conclusions from law and fact. The term 'sexual harrassment' has in Kemen 's case been wrongly applied and that reduces his estimation before the public- a clear case of defamation.
What is more, the organisers of the show have unashamably capitalised on the generated publicity at the expense of truth and fairness, throwing out the window other circumstantial variables which, duly considered, exculpates Mr. Kemen of particular blame.
The organisers of the show owe it to fairness and equity to truly set the records straight and face up to its own guilt and pretensions. The public too ought to be wise to such publicity antics and everyone must call a spade a spade.
Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq., Co-convener of The Nation's Conscience is a legal practitioner and civil rights activist based in Abuja.

#copied

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ndifereke:

I was hoping you'd say "dem use Epistle swear for you?" so I can get mad at you like Princesskab_ tongue grin

PS: It's Ndifereke not Ndifreke, I almost missed this mention.
Oh, correction taken, Ndifereke cheesy.
No o, no type that kind of her epistle for me abeg. E never serious like that. Una dey try express una thoughts sha...wehdone.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Akthedream112:

I AM TRYING MY BEST BRO....
YOU TOO TAKE IT COOL WITH HER..
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ndifereke:
Someone sent me this BC message an hour ago. Don't know how true it is.

#copied
WHEN THE KITCHEN IS TOO HOT AND YOU TRY TO ESCAPE THROUGH THE WINDOW.... WEHDON

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Dynamite02: 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
toseen7:
Hun hun *clears throat* grin Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen, i want to use dis beautiful moment grin to thank my fellow soldiers grin #EfeArmy #EfeNation #Efemena #CaptainNipple #IgwéEFe for the battle we won comfortably without any injury grin (I GET TIME WELL WELL grin)my fellow soldiers are; eosigwe ammyluv2002 L0velyn to9ine EXCUSEme2 Latebloomerrr Estellar ninnyanny Zicoraads oviejnr gengen118 Prettythicksme Berryice factsandfigures reflx princesskab chy200 Ginaz ifyalways Donbabajay12 SPDAZZY ovop Sweetestrose adonismuller DoctorStrange richommie whiteprince vanessa88 Dynamite02 #WeDidItGuyz. #TeamEfe pls "there are some comments we just need to ignore and move on! Lets us be fans not fanatics, we will go stronger" #GodBlessUs PLS if you are #TeamEfe & i no mention ur name pls forgive me abeg.. #WeAreOne. If you never join us coman join us o #FormIsFree grin grin #TeamEfe4Life #WinningTeam #PeaceOut! grin grin
*thumb's up*........#TeamEfe

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by 100naira(m): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
@Ndifereke

That guy is really a lawyer? So according to him a stripper cannot sue an individual to court for sexual harassment and molestation because she's a stripper and she gave the guy a lap dance? Make e go Las Vegas strip club go carry his hand put inside stripper pant without her consent and see wetin go happen to am. And moreover, Tboss and kemen have never had any intimate moment before the bs from him so I no know where that lawyer carry that idea dey come from.

Why is it that the guys trying to defend kemen keep avoiding the main issue on the ground which is consent?
So because kemen de see Tboss boobs, de see girls bath and he don give Tboss massage mean say he has the right to put his hand in her pant without her consent. So because say mister A and Mrs B de sleep together for the same bed and Mr A don see where Mrs B de keep her money, automatically it is within his rights to go and take the money without her consent. Since it's his right, why do it why she is asleep, why not try it during the day time?.

The fact on the ground still remains, kemen molested Tboss or better still, in layman's understanding, kemen chuk hand inside Tboss pant without her consent. Finish!

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by to9ine: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
Foxrain:

Anticipation means wanting things to happen Eg
Am anticipating your presence at the party tomorrow. It doesn't mean you will show up for the party or that you have already showed up for the party, it just means I want it to happen.So when I say people anticipated it, it means they wanted it to happen even though it did not happen. You bringing up the fact they didn't kiss makes me question your level of English comprehension.

Now let us see who the fake housemates picked.
Feza... Idris and goitse
Elikem... Idris ,tayo and mambea
Uti... ...Tayo and idris
Natasha.....sipe and idris
Sulu......macky 2 and idris
That fat white girl.... Goitse idris and tayo.

Even on the final day, all the evicted housemates when asked who will win all picked idris. Maybe you think everyone's memory is as forgetful as yours.

You question idris's talent, what exactly was tayo's?
What talent did tayo have except shouting and crying.

You can't answer if being funny is talent but here is AY and Co making more money than you will ever see in your lifetime.
Here is kaffy breaking boundries.
I don't even want to get into Eddie Murphy, Kevin Hart and Co.

I noticed you canceled all the part about Karen because clearly you couldn't come up with any response. You are pathetic.
I really can't see where this argument is going to..my reason for asking the question on 'anticipation' in terms of context is, I couldn't see the relevance of the question in relation to 'spicing the show'. On Karen, everyone is unique. I compared their outspokeness and 'razzness''. Karen had her flaws too. Many were angry when she tried to force herself on Zeus even though he had a gf.. Yet we loved her all the same.. My point is, we can relate with Efe, and we love him.. U have a right to hate him, but don't get angry when he is loved. Don't get angry when our voice is loud..
Let's not disturb fellow readers withour long thread. Let take our arguments to pm

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
I refuse to allow the ancestral curse handed down to you in the form of typing in caps and posting useless pics to infect me, begone from me your slithering reptile. Go meet the rest of your psychopathic twăts to trawl the net with.

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
THIS EFE GO LIKE EXPO...
Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
100naira:
@Ndife. reke
Make e go Las Vegas strip club go carry his hand put inside stripper pant without her consent and see wetin go happen to am.
I'm not a lawyer and really don't know about the nitty-gritty of this consent and sexual molestation issue, so I can't really say if the lawyer is wrong or not. We'll have to see if the issue will reach the court of law and hear their final judgment.

But I wanted to add a point to this part of your post that I saw. In strip clubs, the ladies allow the club goers to spank their assès and insert money in their panties and bras. But I'm not not sure if going further is allowed. I've watched a video where guys hired private strippėrs for their birthday and were actually handling their boobs_. But I feel that case is way different because those strippėrs are either aware of what is going to go down or they are fully AWAKE and gave their consent by not complaining or saying no. But in Tboss' case, she said she wasn't aware and didn't approve of Kemen's act. Kemen is not even her lover, so I think Kemen will always lose once Tboss says she didn't consent or was not in control of her senses when she woke up and noticed Kemen's hand wandering to her holy ground.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
pocohantas:

Oh, correction taken, Ndifereke cheesy.
No o, no type that kind of her epistle for me abeg. E never serious like that. Una dey try express una thoughts sha...wehdone.
grin grin grin grin
I never knew my epistle was that long. I just had to clarify my stance because I feel some Tboss fans see the beef between me and Threebear_ to mean I'm hating on her.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by 100naira(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ndifereke:

I'm not a lawyer and really don't know about the nitty-gritty of this consent and sexual molestation issue, so I can't really say if the lawyer is wrong or not. We'll have to see if the issue will reach the court of law and hear their final judgment.

But I wanted to add a point to this part of your post that I saw. In strip clubs, the ladies allow the club goers to spank their assès and insert money in their panties and bras. But I'm not not sure if going further is allowed. I've watched a video where guys hired private strippėrs for their birthday and were actually handling their boobs_. But I feel that case is way different because those strippėrs are either aware of what is going to go down or they are fully AWAKE and gave their consent by not complaining or saying no. But in Tboss' case, she said she wasn't aware and didn't approve of Kemen's act. Kemen is not even her lover, so I think Kemen will always lose once Tboss says she didn't consent or was not in control of her senses when she woke up and noticed Kemen's hand wandering to her holy ground.
we are basically saying the same thing. The key word is consent.
Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Ndifereke: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
100naira:
we are basically saying the same thing. The key word is consent.

Yes, you're right. If I was Kemen I'll drop this issue. He's apologized, Nigerians don move from it sef, before this show is over one madness will spring up or maybe another celebrity fight might happen which will relegate his issue to the ground and he'll be forgiven and forgotten. He should let it go for his own sake.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Intrepid01(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
The way some people have carried this programme on their head and defending people who they don't know or know them with their life is a direct reflection that WE are actually jobless, less busy and empty minded. People who have quality things occupying their mind cant be all over a game show making enemies, insulting people they don't know all to know meaningful end. I just wish we can all also come together like this to make an invention, solve a societal problem or birth ideas that can move Nigeria forward.

Please before you attack me, just take a chill pill, breathe in and sincerely ask conscience if this is true or not.

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by UgojiC(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
chy200:

See hatred everywhere... The rule is vote for your favorite housemate. WE say we are for EFE you ask me to give you reasons why i should vote him? *na your money abi na your data i dey use WE owe no one any explanation. if you don't like him, vote for your preferred housemate na haba! You cant force your opinions on people. Use that time to campaign for your favorite HM, not insulting people who have chosen a favorite housemate.

Based on logistics EFE all the way.............

So on point, I have personally resolved to allow my votes make the noise than all these e-fight.
I feel if we stop quoting them their irrelevance would be clearer to them

7 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Foxrain: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
to9ine:

I really can't see where this argument is going to..my reason for asking the question on 'anticipation' in terms of context is, I couldn't see the relevance of the question in relation to 'spicing the show'. On Karen, everyone is unique. I compared their outspokeness and 'razzness''. Karen had her flaws too. Many were angry when she tried to force herself on Zeus even though he had a gf.. Yet we loved her all the same.. My point is, we can relate with Efe, and we love him.. U have a right to hate him, but don't get angry when he is loved. Don't get angry when our voice is loud..
Let's not disturb fellow readers withour long thread. Let take our arguments to pm
We are not talking of spicing up the house, we were talking about why dillish won. Nigerians voted her about 4 times because they thought she had a thing going on with melvin.
Karen and Efe are nothing alike, stop with the comparison, you are starting to get on my nerves.
And please don't pm me. It is one thing to deal with you here, taking it to my email is just taking it way too far .
Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
So much seriousness in he house, The mood is so cool.

I Don land gidigba,who Missed me undecided?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread by 100naira(m): 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ndifereke:

Yes, you're right. If I was Kemen I'll drop this issue. He's apologized, Nigerians don move from it sef, before this show is over one madness will spring up or maybe another celebrity fight might happen which will relegate his issue to the ground and he'll be forgiven and forgotten. He should let it go for his own sake.
Exactly what I thought.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) (1878) ... (3141) (Reply)

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.