Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis (10650 Views)

Victoria Island Lago De Curamo Lagos Megacity Region / Africans Revive Ancient Egyptian Construction Methods To Solve Housing Crisis / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by Gerrard59(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nigeria doesn't have uninterrupted power supply. How do they (clients and suppliers) cope with the tropical weather?
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by laudate: 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gerrard59:
Nigeria doesn't have uninterrupted power supply. How do they (clients and suppliers) cope with the tropical weather?

You are obviously not a Nigerian. We use generators, different sizes and various shapes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by Montaque(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
my best solution for housing issues in lagos is to adopt 'the abandoned property law'

i cant imagine that in a city with that population looking for accomodation, you will find many houses unoccupied and vacant. Many buildings on the Island, Herbert Macaulay yaba, and lekki are empty and vacant.
a law should be made that if your building is not 50% occupied, you either forfeit it to the state governemnt or pay heavily for it.
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by Gerrard59(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
laudate:

You are obviously not a Nigerian. We use generators, different sizes and various shapes.

You'll use generators for 24/7 when diesel is 300 and petrol is 145 naira with the attendant fumes and noise? And it's for the middle class? Sigh.

Good luck meeting the best otologist, cardiac surgeon and rhinologist.

P.S. I'm a Nigerian and I have not seen light for two days now. Yet, I burn 20 liters of petrol and diesel to run my enterprise daily.
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by akigbemaru: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Housing crisis
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by mikolo80: 7:06am On Jan 24, 2017
seunlayi:
hunger in the land
serious one
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by mikolo80: 7:15am On Jan 24, 2017
laudate:

Don't mind that ignorant reporter. Eko Atlantic where flats go for excess of $ 1 million USD is meant for the middle-income, going by their twisted ideology. They think that they are talking to f00ls.
what's your point. Is 1 mill not middle income or you think they are using Nigerian naira poverty mentality to calculate income levels
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by laudate: 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
mikolo80:
what's your point. Is 1 mill not middle income or you think they are using Nigerian naira poverty mentality to calculate income levels

My point is - $1 million USD (not 1 million naira, o! shocked) is not middle-income level by any standards in Nigeria. Heck, it is not even middle-income level in the US itself! undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by mikolo80: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
laudate:

My point is - $1 million USD (not 1 million naira, o! shocked) is not middle-income level by any standards in Nigeria. Heck, it is not even middle-income level in the US itself! undecided undecided
yes it is brah
It is high networth
But middle income (10% interest =100k income)
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by laudate: 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
Gerrard59:
You'll use generators for 24/7 when diesel is 300 and petrol is 145 naira with the attendant fumes and noise? And it's for the middle class? Sigh.

Good luck meeting the best otologist, cardiac surgeon and rhinologist.

P.S. I'm a Nigerian and I have not seen light for two days now. Yet, I burn 20 liters of petrol and diesel to run my enterprise daily.

Oga, what other choice do we have? shocked Installation cost of solar equipment is rather high. And no single individual can do anything to improve poor electricity supply from NEPA/PHCN/DISCOs, in under 24 hours. The only alternative is to use a generator, fuelled by petrol, diesel or LPG gas.
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2017
ayusco85:
Imagine renting a room self contained in an estate in ajah for 350k including agent and agreement. Something needs to be done abt Lagos rent

That's cheap!
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by ayusco85(m): 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
lovedbyall1992:

That's cheap!

By what standard is that cheap

1 Like

Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
ayusco85:

By what standard is that cheap
Houses are more expensive in that axis....
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by ayusco85(m): 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=lovedbyall1992 post=53573130]

Houses are more expensive in that axis....[/quotel]

Yeah. Very. But they are worth it Sha.
Re: Lagos Living: Solving Nigeria's Megacity Housing Crisis by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
Gerrard59:

Em, there are still few places in Nigeria - enjoying uninterrupted power supply. What I don't know is how the electricity is generated...

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Mansion (Duplex) Aba - Abia State Project / Lakowe Phase2 Estate Lekki:another Cheap Nairaland Hidden Treasure In An Estate / Nigerian Building House Plan Designs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.