Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

We Need To Correct This! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Need To Correct This! (836 Views)

3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need To Correct This! by Joiceee(f): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have come to notice that in ''some churches'' when praying at the begining of the service we would be asked to invite the holy spirit into our midst.
This is very wrong and should be corrected, because the holy spirit dwells in us and should be welcomed not invited. I stand to be corrected.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by BlackDBagba: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
I agree with you.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by FunkyMetahuman: 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Just like I love to invite superman to our midst when we pray
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
Joiceee:
Hello everyone!
I have come to notice that in ''some churches'' when praying at the begining of the service we would be asked to invite the holy spirit into our midst.
This is very wrong and should be corrected, because the holy spirit dwells in us and should be welcomed not invited. I stand to be corrected.

You need no correction here bro
He is in us and with us
We dont have to invite Him again
We just have to welcome Him
And also ask Him to manifest His power in our midst
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Joiceee(f): 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

You need no correction here bro He is in us and with us We dont have to invite Him again We just have to welcome Him And also ask Him to manifest His power in our midst
tanx dear
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Joiceee(f): 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
lol
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Omudia11: 2:21am On Jan 24, 2017
If you're insulted now you will cry wolf and tag all Christians as intolerant. Why then do you seek trouble? Isn't this thread for Christians? Is atheism a religion? Why instigate fights and arguments here? If you believe in superman what stops you from creating a thread for that?

FunkyMetahuman:

1 Like

Re: We Need To Correct This! by Scholar8200(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2017
Joiceee:
Hello everyone!
Well remember that the Spirit is come in Christ's Name (and for all this is worth). Remember also that Jesus said to the Church in Laodicea:

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in,Revelation 3:20a.

Hence inviting Him to take over the service that He alone might be exalted is not wrong.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Joiceee(f): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2017
Scholar8200:
Well remember that the Spirit is come in Christ's Name (and for all this is worth). Remember also that Jesus said to the Church in Laodicea:

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in,Revelation 3:20a.

Hence inviting Him to take over the service that He alone might be exalted is not wrong.
sorry that verse you just quoted is for people who have not given their life to christ. When you are genuely born again the holyspirit will dwell in you.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Scholar8200(m): 8:23am On Jan 24, 2017
Joiceee:
sorry that verse you just quoted is for people who have not given their life to christ. When you are genuely born again the holyspirit will dwell in you.
But Jesus called them the, 'Church in Laodicea'! What do you understand as Church?
When people pray that way, their desire is for a manifestation of His Presence as they gather.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by johnydon22(m): 8:26am On Jan 24, 2017
Omudia11:
If you're insulted now you will cry wolf and tag all Christians as intolerant. Why then do you seek trouble? Isn't this thread for Christians? Is atheism a religion? Why instigate fights and arguments here? If you believe in superman what stops you from creating a thread for that?

correct, the guy was on the wrong footing...his Post was rather very unnecessary apologies..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need To Correct This! by FunkyMetahuman: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2017
[s]
Omudia11:

[/s]go and tell that to King of Trolls like ebuka and the rest.

Beside, This is free religion section not Christian section.. So fhuck off my mention.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2017
Scholar8200:

Wherever two or more are gathered in My name .. there I am in their midst
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Omudia11: 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
This thread is specifically meant for Christians. Or do you lack comprehension?
FunkyMetahuman:
[s][/s]go and tell that to King of Trolls like ebuka and the rest.

Beside, This is free religion section not Christian section.. So fhuck off my mention.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Scholar8200(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
Junia:

Wherever two or more are gathered in My name .. there I am in their midst
Amen! But there is nothing wrong in asking ,like Moses, for a manifestation of His Glory, that is what is asked.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by FunkyMetahuman: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
[s]
Omudia11:
This thread is specifically meant for Christians. Or do you lack comprehension?
[/s]read my post 20 times.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by Omudia11: 5:42am On Jan 25, 2017
You lack the capacity to converse intellectually. Exit my mentions. I won't even read nor reply you again.
FunkyMetahuman:
[s][/s]read my post 20 times.
Re: We Need To Correct This! by FunkyMetahuman: 8:27am On Jan 25, 2017
[s]
Omudia11:
You lack the capacity to converse intellectually. Exit my mentions. I won't even read nor reply you again.
[/s]k

(1) (Reply)

Mosque In A Church Premises: Can Osun Residents Confirm This? Please! / 13 Effective Ways To Grow Your Church Numerically / %100 Proof God Is Real.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.