Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? (1176 Views)

How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by ekanDamie: 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
OK guys,am not really the Pet type.
one of those that have dogs just for security.

I know people train their dogs to do alot of things.
well, I was hoping to train my dogs on not eating anything not served in their plate.
so,we never I wanna give them food, I scare them away from me till I have finished dishing it and then they can eat.
the training was due to the fact that they pick anything they find around the house,
like the time they ate my mum's fish n crayfish and rendered soup empty.

so, I tempt them with paw paw cos they love it alot, I have been tempting the female for some time now. wen she sees am not there she try to go for the pawpaw and then I come out n whoop her. as it stands, if she sees paw paw even if am not there, she wunt steal it.

I tried to do the same thing with the male seeing it worked with the female.
but as he took the paw paw n wanted to run, I chased it, it dropped the paw paw n went to hide. I found it it did not run again, I tried to woop it,
it took the first one d second woop he roared like a lion, before I gave the third, it
acted like it wanted to devour me and retracted I was almost running helter skelter sef.
it dosnt like to be beaten. but I thought people train dogs by beating them.
is that how they use to do?

mind YOU, I don't maltreat them and they eat twice a day. can't male dogs be beaten?
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by alex81(m): 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
wat type of dog we talking abt??! local ones?
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 24, 2017
Nooo..
It's Right for your Dog to bite me...
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by Immorttal: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2017
ekanDamie:
OK guys,am not really the Pet type.
one of those that have dogs just for security.

I know people train their dogs to do alot of things.
well, I was hoping to train my dogs on not eating anything not served in their plate.
so,we never I wanna give them food, I scare them away from me till I have finished dishing it and then they can eat.
the training was due to the fact that they pick anything they find around the house,
like the time they ate my mum's fish n crayfish and rendered soup empty.

so, I tempt them with paw paw cos they love it alot, I have been tempting the female for some time now. wen she sees am not there she try to go for the pawpaw and then I come out n whoop her. as it stands, if she sees paw paw even if am not there, she wunt steal it.

I tried to do the same thing with the male seeing it worked with the female.
but as he took the paw paw n wanted to run, I chased it, it dropped the paw paw n went to hide. I found it it did not run again, I tried to woop it,
it took the first one d second woop he roared like a lion, before I gave the third, it
acted like it wanted to devour me and retracted I was almost running helter skelter sef.
it dosnt like to be beaten. but I thought people train dogs by beating them.
is that how they use to do?

mind YOU, I don't maltreat them and they eat twice a day. can't male dogs be beaten?
You know what, the canine world is a whole different world to ours but similar to some extent but nonetheless a dog is a dog. There are things training your dogs at a very young can accomplish, it might seem trivial but its a very important thing especially when you have children and dog newbies in the house. The reason your dog wanted to bite you is purely instinctual; how would you react if I dip my finger in your bowl of food and take away your meat, trust me you will go berserk at me. You get luck sef your fingers is still intact. If you need a complete training and procedure to stop this, holla me because no age is too late to get the best out of your dog

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by ekanDamie: 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Immorttal:
You know what, the canine world is a whole different world to ours but similar to some extent but nonetheless a dog is a dog. There are things training your dogs at a very young can accomplish, it might seem trivial but its a very important thing especially when you have children and dog newbies in the house. The reason your dog wanted to bite you is purely instinctual; how would you react if I dip my finger in your bowl of food and take away your meat, trust me you will go berserk at me. You get luck sef your fingers is still intact. If you need a complete training and procedure to stop this, holla me because no age is too late to get the best out of your dog
hmmm. ok
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by ekanDamie: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
alex81:
wat type of dog we talking abt??! local ones?
Alsatian abi, is DAT not how it's spelt?
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
Your method of training dogs is wicked and outdated. Go to YouTube and search for "how to train a dog to do X" where X is anything you need.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by BomboyOnline: 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
You should never beat your dog. The truth is, they don't even know why you are beating them.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by ekanDamie: 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
BomboyOnline:
You should never beat your dog. The truth is, they don't even know why you are beating them.

Seun:
Your method of training dogs is cruel and outdated. Go to YouTube and search for "how to train a dog to do X" where X is anything you need.

hmmm. I came here to look for symphaty like am d victim
I don't know illd end up being d culprit.
illd take your advices, they always wanna be played with, wagging their tails, jumping
in excitement wen one comes out of the house, I don't mean to be cruel to them
buh,I just don't bond with them. am like just do ur job n quit the familiarity. undecided[quote
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 25, 2017
BomboyOnline:
Taa .. who said so .. I trained my rott that destroys anything destroyable by beating the shit outta it .. it stays inside my house now , I will go to work and come back and everything will be still intact . no destruction or pooing anywhere .
Re: Is It Right For My Dog To Want To Bite Me? by Immorttal: 6:06am On Jan 25, 2017
Decypher:
Taa .. who said so .. I trained my rott that destroys anything destroyable by beating the shit outta it .. it stays inside my house now , I will go to work and come back and everything will be still intact . no destruction or pooing anywhere .
and you think beating your dog is the reason why the destruction stopped, age is the reason.

(1) (Reply)

Shock As Mummified Dog Is Discovered Inside A Tree Trunk (photos) / The Biggest Cat Alive / Adult Female Monkey For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.