Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! - Family (3517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! (6433962 Views)

House Clearance Sales, Abuja Only. / House Clearance Sales / House Clearance Sales!!!!!!!!! Everything must go for 250k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3514) (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) ... (6260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by dahflemzy(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jones90:
Redmi 7 for sale

2GB/16
Snapdragon
Fingerprint
Face I.D
Fast charge
Very strong battery
Global version
Phone and carton only, no charger

15k..I stay at oju-ore ota

Small crack on the camera glass, but it doesn't affect it.
Ijaiye....Lagos
Call/Whatsapp 07037860958
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Uzui(m): 12:48am On Mar 13, 2022
Xhady:

Lol smh
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by DivergentThinka(m): 2:35am On Mar 13, 2022
TheLoanGuy:
Yes, I am.

Fridge (I usually have to put the fridge on before starting the gen), TV, fan and bulbs.

Hello Sir . I want to kindly give you a piece of professional advice . DON'T TURN ON YOUR APPLIANCES BEFORE STARTING YOUR GEN
Let me explain why and I want to encourage everyone to follow this procedure when turning on your gen .

1. Ensure your change over is still on Nepa when you turn on your gen .
2. Turn off all your appliances and switches
3. Only change over to generator AFTER the gen has been turned on and running , to be more specific, running in a safe voltage.
4. Turn on your appliances one by one , this gives the generator some milliseconds/seconds to gradually adjust to the load

WHY ?

Your generator has something called a Governor , this regulates the output your generator gives . Most appliances are rated between 100 volts and 250 volts ... So depending on your country(In Nigeria here its approximately 220-230 volts) and how you have set your generator, the governor would attempt to auto-adjust the voltage to that range .

As your generator gets older or in some cases, even in new generators, this governor either completely malfunctions or doesn't auto-regulate as quickly as it should . So two possible things can happen here . Your generator can possibly output a voltage of approximately 300 volts , sometimes as high as 400 !!!! continuously ! this is an indication of a complete malfunction of the governor or a need to adjust it , OR it starts at the voltage of 300-400 and adjust itself in about a few seconds .

Long story short, during that continuous or sudden/temporary spike in voltage while you are starting your generator, anything plugged to it could potentially get burnt/damaged, in an instant .

I always just listen to the sound of the generator before turning anything on, or I check the output voltage meter that is standard on all generators nowadays . If its above 250/240 volts, I adjust it down . This is the exact reason why generators come with those meters, so you can check and be sure its safe to turn on your appliances.

I once got ALL my appliances burnt, before I was this experienced .

And oooh, one more thing, even if its Nepa Light let's all learn the habit of switching off all electronics, lights e.t.c when power goes off, except you have a central stabilizer in your home with delay activated .

Please let's take precautions .
Peace cool

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Davland(m): 3:37am On Mar 13, 2022
DivergentThinka:

Hello Sir . I want to kindly give you a piece of professional advice . DON'T TURN ON YOUR APPLIANCES BEFORE STARTING YOUR GEN
Let me explain why and I want to encourage everyone to follow this procedure when turning on your gen .

3. Only change over to generator AFTER the gen has been turned on and running , to be more specific, running in a safe voltage.
4. Turn on your appliances one by one , this gives the generator some milliseconds/seconds to gradually adjust to the load

WHY ?

Your generator has something called a Governor , this regulates the output your generator gives . Most appliances are rated between 100 volts and 250 volts ... So depending on your country(In Nigeria here its approximately 220-230 volts) and how you have set your generator, the governor would attempt to auto-adjust the voltage to that range .

As your generator gets older or in some cases, even in new generators, this governor either completely malfunctions or doesn't auto-regulate as quickly as it should . So two possible things can happen here . Your generator can possibly output a voltage of approximately 300 volts , sometimes as high as 400 !!!! continuously ! this is an indication of a complete malfunction of the governor or a need to adjust it , OR it starts at the voltage of 300-400 and adjust itself in about a few seconds .

Long story short, during that continuous or sudden/temporary spike in voltage while you are starting your generator, anything plugged to it could potentially get burnt/damaged, in an instant .

I always just listen to the sound of the generator before turning anything on, or I check the output voltage meter that is standard on all generators nowadays . If its above 250/240 volts, I adjust it down . This is the exact reason why generators come with those meters, so you can check and be sure its safe to turn on your appliances.

And oooh, one more thing, even if its Nepa Light let's all learn the habit of switching off all electronics, lights e.t.c when power goes off, except you have a central stabilizer in your home with delay activated .

Please let's take precautions.
Peace cool

Thank you for the info.

Heard is not okay to use a stabilizer for electronics when using gen.
Pls, how true is this?
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Nisot7: 3:42am On Mar 13, 2022
Plz guys how reliable is it buying from katakara? As I am based in Abuja and they are based in Lagos
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by DivergentThinka(m): 4:42am On Mar 13, 2022
Davland:

Thank you for the info.

Heard is not okay to use a stabilizer for electronics when using gen.
Pls, how true is this?

Short answer : Its not advisable to use a stabilizer with a generator .

Long Answer:

Why ?
1. Generators usually come in built with voltage regulators (the good brands at least), technically the stabilizer is also a voltage regulator, so its like linking a voltage regulator to a voltage regulator . An analogy is trying to get a woman pregnant again when she is already pregnant grin grin, it can happen, the chances are very slim, but in most cases its completely a waste of time, and you are just stressing the poor woman. But scientifically she still can get pregnant "on top" of the existing pregnancy, don't let bore you with science grin .
2. Stabilizers can potentially pull more power than your generator can handle which can possibly lead to damage of the generator(Again the analogy of the pregnant woman, if she does get pregnant "on top" of the existing pregnancy, her body might not be able to handle the load) . The capacity, wattage /kva of the generator and stabilizer has to be taken into consideration .

If your gen is not producing stable voltage, the best thing to do is to resolve the problem with the generator by servicing it, or changing the faulty part .
Using a good generator repairer .
The repairer would also help adjust based on your typical load .

BUT
If you really want to use a stabilizer you can . if, BIG IF your generator is a high capacity generator e.g 6.5kva , or 13kva, And even with high capacity generators, you still have to be careful and consider the stabilizer wattage and that of your appliances . Does that mean smaller generators can't use stabilizers ?. They can , but there are too many variables to consider , stab wattage, appliance wattage e.t.c ... So its generally not advisable to use stabilizers because there are just too many things to consider that the "non-technical users", might not fully understand .

So except you know what you are doing and you understand how to calculate all these , or you use a Mikano generator with massive output , don't use a stabilizer .

If your generator is unpredictable with voltage spikes, its best to get it fixed , or if you want extra protection its best to get a good/quality surge protector . In simpler terms they don't really stabilize voltage , they just monitor and trip off connection to your appliances, to protect the appliances if the voltage is above an acceptable / set value . (Some surge protectors are adjustable , so you can choose at what voltage the power should trip off), they are better to use with generators as long as you are getting original ones, because some so called surge protectors are nothing but extension boxes .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Tlyon(m): 5:10am On Mar 13, 2022
Souzin:
Tecno Spark4 Air.
Make me an offer
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Tlyon(m): 5:12am On Mar 13, 2022
SafetyPlug:
Used Infinix Hot 5.

Phone was bought brand new and has not been worked on till date.

Reason for sale: Upgrading to a 4G phone.

Price:10k

N/B
(i) little edge crack

(ii)Cracked screen, and screen shows sign of depreciation: tiny white lines at the top of screen.

(ii) Battery is not as strong as when it was bought, though it still serves. You can make calls, chat and browse comfortably with no fear.

(iv) I noticed once in a blue, if phone battery is low and a call comes in, phone shuts down.Could be the battery.

If interested,08135570052 (chat or call) .

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Tlyon(m): 5:13am On Mar 13, 2022
Jones90:
Redmi 7 for sale

2GB/16
Snapdragon
Fingerprint
Face I.D
Fast charge
Very strong battery
Global version

Ijaiye....Lagos
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by jeff1607(m): 5:19am On Mar 13, 2022
DivergentThinka:

WHY ?

Peace cool

I’m guessing this is what makes small generators especially the I better pass my neighbor , burn home appliances right?

2 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Oluwasegun123(m): 7:44am On Mar 13, 2022
Uzui:
Available

Is it still available and how much?
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Jones90: 7:47am On Mar 13, 2022
Jones90:
Redmi 7 for sale

2GB/16
Snapdragon
Fingerprint
Face I.D
Fast charge
Very strong battery
Global version

Ijaiye....Lagos

SOLD
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 13, 2022
Very clean and faultless iPhone 6 16gb
Fingerprint works
No cracks
Sunday Awoof
Fastest finger
Gimme your best price

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by KunlexyInc1(m): 8:00am On Mar 13, 2022
KunlexyInc1:
Neatly Used Redmi Note 10 Pro

Neatness is 9/10 (4 months old)
6.67" screen (1080x2400 pixels), AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10
Snapdragon 732G chipset (8nm)
6/128GB variant [dedicated microSD slot]
MIUI 12.5 (Enhanced), upgradeable to MIUI 13/Android 12
Quad camera setup (rear setup of 108MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP)
Glass front and glass back (Gorilla Glass 5)
4G LTE support
Infrared blaster
5,020mah battery capacity
Type-C charging port
Fingerprint (side-mounted)
Accessories: Carton (manual + warranty card), brand new pouch (black), follow-come Redmi charger + Type-C cable and receipt of purchase

NOTE: Screen has been changed (at Redmi Service Centre, Lagos) due to a crack on the previous screen. Phone works perfectly well without any issue.

Price: #105K FIRM

Location is Abeokuta (Ogun State), can be waybilled through interstate buses/cars or GIG/IFEX/Speedaf Logistics to other states

Contact me on 07081517572 (Call/WhatsApp)
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by KunlexyInc1(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2022
KunlexyInc1:
Neatly Used Mi Max 3 Available

Neatness is 8/10
6.9 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels
4/64gb variant
Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
5500mah battery

Price: 65K negotiable (selling phone + receipt only)

Location is Ikeja (Lagos State), can be waybilled through interstate buses/cars or GIG/IFEX/Speedaf Logistics to other states.

Contact me on 07081517572 (Call/WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by CrownedPhoenix: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2022
baba4thegehs:

Honda Accord 07

1.4m last

What are the issues with the car?
Is the name on the papers the same person selling?

Your phone number & location
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by lilachiever(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2022
Drey319:
I don’t need to search for you cos I already know who you are. I will post your pictures here when I’m done with you.

Cc Seun

Imagine. People ehn
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by owolabi5: 8:30am On Mar 13, 2022
Do you have any scrap, old, rickety, smoky, accident vehicle parked in your compound causing nuisance and eye sore in your neighbourhood?

We can help you get rid of it and earn you some cool cash.

Lets talk!!!

Call/WhatsApp: 08182880902 OR 08033539981
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by harmargedon: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2022
cool
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by pyrex23(m): 9:07am On Mar 13, 2022
TheLoanGuy:
Thermocool generator is not aluminium coil, it is a full copper coil. I have one that I use, I have only serviced it once since I bought it last year July.

Don't low ball her

Swears this gen is one of my best buys of 2019!
Still haven't serviced the gen since i got it!
Just oil and spark plug change,

3 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by alaricsaltzman: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2022
Giveaway price
alaricsaltzman:
Barely used Cway Water dispenser with 1 bottle for sale.

Hot and cold

In perfect condition

Price: 30k firm

Call/WhatsApp: 0.8.0.8.1.7.3.4.8.9.9
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by owolabi5: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2022
Are you interested and in need of the following:
1.New Vehicle Registration.
2.New Motorcycle /Tricycle Registration.
3.Registration of Existing Plate Number.
4.Collection of Tinted Permit.
5.Change of Ownership.
6.Renewal of Vehicle Particulars.
7.Vehicle Third Party Insurance.
8.Plate Number Replacement.
9.Local Government Papers.
10.Change of Vehicle Engine.
11. New Driver's License
12.Driver's License Renewal.
13.Plate Number Customization.
14.Dealership Plate Number.
15.Road Worthiness Certificate Collection /Renewal.
Guaranty you Genuine Documentations and Quality Service.
For more information & enquiries visit /contact :
Call: 08033539981
WhatsApp : 08182880902
carpapers.com.ng
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by dammielarey(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2022
dammielarey:
syinix 1.5hp Air Conditioner.

it's as good and clean as new.

it's working perfectly.

Reason for sale: Relocation.

Price: 110k negotiatable

Pickup location - egbeda
https:///sca8du

Still Available
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Liadi2(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Fabulux:
Updated

Relocation sales

Location - Ketu Alepere

6 by 4 bed Frame 15,000---- Sold
Air fryer black decker (Brand New) 25,000 SOLD
Coffee maker (Brand New) 10,000 SOLD
Fan 4(celling) 4,000---Sold
Beautiful wooden wardrobe with shoe shelf and drawer 20,000 .
Table and Chair( thick black plastic) 10,000 SOLD
Sony Bravia TV 32 inch 30,000 will be available on 29th March
Haire Thermocool Fridge faulty (Standing ) 20,000 ---- Sold
DSTV 10,000........ Sold
AC 2Hp ( bad compressor) 20,000 SOLD
Generator Tiger 2.7kva 25,000. Will be available 30th March
Thermocool Freezer (210 liters) 100,000 Sold
12KG washing Machine by lg ( wash, rinse and spin dry) N70,000 price SOLD
Sine wave inverter 1.5kva 25,000---Sold
Toyota Camery (2009) faulty AC 1.3m SOLD
Philip pressing iron 5,000
Clothes Wall hanger 6,000
Water Drum (240 liter) 8k------- Sold
Cooler big size 7,000
Gas cylinders (2) - N8,000 each
Beautiful Clothe Curtains 8 pieces - 32,000
Mattress 6 by 4 (3 ) 15,000 each----- Sold
Wall clock, 5,000

Contact Zero eight zero six seven eight five seven eight one four for more info
20k for generator can u post the pics?
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Deolaw: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2022
For sale!

Infinix hot 11 (X689f)
Brand new. Totally Sealed
Features:
Display: 90Hz 6.82" HD+ IPS Premium Display
Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM
Camera: 50MP+2MP+ Al Lens Quad Flash Light + 8MP Selfie
Battery: 6000mAh
Sensor: G-sensor/ E-compass/ L-sensor/Proximity Sensor/ Fingerprint/ Soft-Gyroscope
Connectivity: GPS/WIFI/BT
Processor: MediaTek Helio G37
Network: 4G/3G/2G
Resolution: 720*1640

Price N92000 N85000

Contact 080 29 022 301

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by yetty247(f): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2022
Newly bought Tom ford shoe, used once for Engagement
Selling price 25k
Size 44
Osogbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by theenchanter: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2022
yetty247:
Newly bought Tom ford shoe, used once for Engagement

Size 44
Osogbo
u dey fear to put price? grin
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by yetty247(f): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2022
theenchanter:
u dey fear to put price? grin

U should have just called my attention instead of this....
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Nonso92(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2022
HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook
(15.6" Full HD
6th gen Intel® Core™ i5
2.8 GHz
8 GB DDR4-SDRAM
500 GB HDD
128 GB SSD C:/
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac
Windows 10 Pro
Silver, Black

N160K

2 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by odimbannamdi(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2022
creolehunt:

Got the 2.5KVA on Tuesday and loving it especially the low noise

Please give us an idea of the cost. I am a fan of Sumec Firman, but the SP29000 that I bought for less than 70k in 2019 is up by almost 100% already. It is really frightening. I am ready to try a new product jare
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by odimbannamdi(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2022
DivergentThinka:

WHY ?

Peace cool

This is really best practice! Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the emboldened penultimate paragraph; it can really be stressful. I learnt that if it were to be saner climes, we can sue NEPA if voltage of the light fries all our appliances... grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3514) (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) ... (6260) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Loraous(f), Xscape1993(m), waterfas, n3xt(m), Toylove and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.