Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line (12287 Views)

FG Releases Second List Of Looters Under Jonathan And Amount Looted / Ambode And Amaechi Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line (Photos) / Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Poised To Create More Than 500,000 Jobs - VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Boyoorisha: 3:59am On Jan 24, 2017
The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, on Monday stated that the Federal Government had released N72bn as its counterpart funds for the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge railway line.

The minister said this at the Second Presidential Business Forum, which was presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said the money was released in full so that there would be no delay in the implementation of the project.

Amaechi also used the opportunity to appeal to the National Assembly to approve the $29.9bn foreign loan request made by President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said, “On the construction of Lagos-Ibadan railway line, the Minister of Finance has been kind enough to release the counterpart funding in full. I think in the history of Nigeria, this is the first time that we are releasing counterpart funds in full so that there will be no delay since the Chinese loan appears to have been approved.

“The only thing we need to do, I thank God there is somebody from the National Assembly here, is to plead with the National Assembly now that the funds have been approved; then, the National Assembly should please approve the $29.9bn loan.

“If you don’t encourage the National Assembly to make that approval, then, the economy won’t be making the kind of progress we want it to make. So, for me here, I will persuade the National Assembly to kindly make that approval because it is tied to projects.”

http://punchng.com/fg-releases-n72bn-lagos-ibadan-rail-line/

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Flexherbal(m): 4:02am On Jan 24, 2017
Hope they use the money for what it is meant for!

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by owopokiri: 4:05am On Jan 24, 2017
Meanwhile they are still searching for money for projects in the east though they insisted that most should be PPP.. , essentially, whosoever dares to build in the east will go and recover his or her money by tolling the roads. It is still one Nigeria, right?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 24, 2017
Embezzlement money don land
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by olaolaking: 4:12am On Jan 24, 2017
Good news though. But based on experience, I won't jump up yet

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Koleman(m): 4:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Formerly i for jump with joy but recently the reality is painful

4 Likes

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by mykeljosef: 4:50am On Jan 24, 2017
Koleman:

olaolaking:
Good news though. But based on experience, I won't jump up yet

make that fg releases 36 billion for half construction
and 36 for some 5-10 people pocket

at the 2 posters above me

God bless you guys for the sense in ya comments
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by funlord(m): 5:09am On Jan 24, 2017
How many times will this road be budgeted for?
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by seunmsg(m): 5:49am On Jan 24, 2017
Oma307:
Embezzlement money don land

Koleman:

The money was released to the Chinese who will then add their counterpart funds to it once the National assembly approves the loan request. The money cannot be accessed by any government officials so, no embezzlement can take place.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by seunmsg(m): 5:52am On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge railway line is different from Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Read well before commenting next time.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by funlord(m): 5:57am On Jan 24, 2017
seunmsg:

Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge railway line is different from Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Read well before commenting next time.

An error on my part in posting Road or rail does not negate the point I have raised?

Even the rail has been budgeted for in the past times without number with nothing to show for it!

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by sarrki(m): 6:09am On Jan 24, 2017
Thank you Mr president

God bless my president

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by sarrki(m): 6:10am On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

An error on my part in posting Road or rail does not negate the point I have raised?

Even the rail has been budgeted for in the past times without number with nothing to show for it!

Now we have a faithful servant at the helms of affairs

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by seunmsg(m): 6:56am On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

Maybe it was budgeted for during the GEJ/PDP era and nothing was done about it. Under Buhari, it was only budgeted for in the current 2016 budget and true to promise, the full amount had been released to the Chinese contractors.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by olasmith10(m): 7:08am On Jan 24, 2017
This will boost rural-urban, urban-rural migration.. You can now work in Lagos then live, sleep and relax at Ibadan and ogun

14 Likes

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Corrinthians(m): 7:09am On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

When a kid is proving to be immume to correction..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:22am On Jan 24, 2017
It's only in Africa you can't jubilate after hearing news like this. May God help us in this continent.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by George2016(m): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2017
We will jubilate when the project is completed
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by olaolulazio(m): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Doing that from London I guess
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by soberdrunk(m): 7:36am On Jan 24, 2017
I dont like "Amaechi" and "rail" in the same sentence, it brings back sad memories angry angry

7 Likes

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by armadeo(m): 7:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Hood it would b done.

Not probe in the next 4years

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Usernamesucks: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2017
This is a nice development. The pressure on the Lagos - Ibadan expressway will be greatly reduced. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by AdonaiRoofing(m): 7:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Let it be released for real and not just on pages of newspapers

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Omogbhollahorn(m): 7:39am On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

Rail ode oshi

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Desdola(m): 7:39am On Jan 24, 2017
Just hope the money is used judiciously. And a standard work that would stand d taste of time should be done.
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by progress69: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2017
owopokiri:
Meanwhile they are still searching for money for projects in the east though they insisted that most should be PPP.. , essentially, whosoever dares to build in the east will go and recover his or her money by tolling the roads. It is still one Nigeria, right?

U don't have to make a mockery of your self all the time

16 Likes

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by Boyoorisha: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

Which road!

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by slurryeye: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Nice development
Re: FG Releases N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Line by FearFactor1: 7:43am On Jan 24, 2017
Lala or whoever moved this post to FP, kindly explain why disciplinary actions should not be taken against you as you have intentionally, maliciously and apparently deleted initial posts before moving the thread to FP.

Thanks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Workers On GL 12, Below Should Not Resume – FG Warns Ministers, Agency Heads / Jangebe Schoolgirls Not Yet Released, Negotiations Ongoing – Zamfara Government / Oyo Officials Arraigned For 'Stealing & Selling’ COVID-19 Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.