Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) (18594 Views)

Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Recession: Dangote Group Sacks 48 Workers (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by mmb(m): 5:47am On Jan 24, 2017
The Nigeria Customs Service has terminated the appointment of about 48 senior officers in the service in its ongoing reorganization.

A circular dated January 19, 2017 and signed by Ag. Comptroller in charge of Discipline, Ganiyu I.A said about 45 officers were dismissed, 11 retired while the appointment of three were terminated.

The 45 dismissed officers and the three that were terminated were asked to go for professional misconduct.

It said that the service was currently undergoing reorganisation to reposition it. Those affected are three Deputy Comptroller of Customs (DC), four Assistant Comptrollers of Customs (AC), eight Chief Superintendents of Customs (CSC), three Superintendents of Customs (SPC) one Deputy Superintendent of Customs (DSC) and one Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASC).

Those dismissed include Deputy Controller Idris A.Z, AC Mandi A.Z, Ohamobi C., CSC Sale A.S, CSC Nura Mu’Azu Usman, CSC Bello A., CSC Absullahi R., CSC Dan-Ali M., SC Imam S.U, SC Andullahi M.S, DSC Olajumoke O., CIC Sani B., CIC Saleh A., CIC Isah A. CIC Balarabe S., 1 ACIC Maigari S., ACIC Shuibu I.J, ACIC Anigwe M.E, ACIC Dugari Z.I , DCIC Madaki J.M, PIC Hamisu S.G, PIC Garba H., PIC Alfa Y. D, PIC Hamidu H., PIC Haruna K., SIC Jimoh A.S, IC Bamiloye T. A, IC Yusuf D.N, IC Sanusi S.M, IC Mohammed A.U and CCA Yakubu M.S

Those retired are: DC Mustapha M. T, AC Mbanefo P., AC Daze P. D, CSC Ekong N. A, CSC Archew A.A, CSC Suleman A.A, SC Daniru A., ACIC Owunaka T., ACIC Azodoh A.C, PIC Orukalama T. and CCA Abubakar A.

Those whose appointments were terminated are: ASCII Olorunhundo G and CA 1 Lurwanu S. FCT.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-customs-sacks-48-senior-officers/182230.html#peKwd7JEMDtD84oH.99

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by smogup: 5:51am On Jan 24, 2017
Sack everywhere
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Pavore9: 5:51am On Jan 24, 2017
Openings for fresh blood.

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by dingbang(m): 5:52am On Jan 24, 2017
Very good....

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by naijaGhandi: 5:56am On Jan 24, 2017
Ahmad ali is wise, he could have sacked them when he assumed office but decided to come on them when they least expected it...that's how military guys roll.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by CyberGypsy(m): 5:56am On Jan 24, 2017
ehyaa.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by BlackDBagba: 5:57am On Jan 24, 2017
Someone said only 'ibos' got the sack undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by psucc(m): 6:01am On Jan 24, 2017
When will Babachir and Magu go?

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by modath(f): 6:05am On Jan 24, 2017
40kobo77:
Good Job.

In this list i counted 30 Northerners out of 48, and yet Buhari is still being insulted by those from the part of Nigeria that are related to Tonto Dikeh, as being a Bigot.

I hope you guys are happy now that Northerners are getting sacked?ungrateful uneducated bunch.

Nice one President Buhari as corruption knows no tribe or religion.

If the 30 sacked for stealing from Nigeria, were from the Tonto Dikeh part of the Country, you would have seen them holding placards in the morning saying LEAVE OUR BROTHERS ALONE.

Shameless thieves.

Relax, don't tear your drawers... You can't say northereners are getting sacked & corruption is getting a knock in the same breath, stick with one narrative ..... They are either corrupt & getting served or they are being unfairly targetted ...

Hameed Ali (one of Bubu's deft move worthy of applause) did this, this is not from Bubu.... Do you realize 75% of senior custom officials are from the north? So weeding out the corrupt senior ones must lean towards that side...

P.S .... Even Bubu himself knows he is tilted towards a certain part of the country wink

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by 40kobo77: 6:06am On Jan 24, 2017
modath:

Relax, don't tear your drawers... You can't say northereners are getting sacked & corruption is getting a knock in the same breath, stick with one narrative ..... They are either corrupt & getting served or they are being unfairly targetted ...

Hameed Ali (one of Bubu's deft move worthy of applause) did this, this is not from Bubu.... Do you realize 75% of senior custom officials are from the north? So weeding out the corrupt senior ones must lean towards that side...

P.S .... Even Bubu himself knows he is tilted towards a certain part of the country wink

Modath baby.

I love you.

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by femolacqua(m): 6:07am On Jan 24, 2017
And the trend continues.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by wristbangle: 6:11am On Jan 24, 2017
modath:

Well said. Between I see this as a fray to debunk his claim that he is only after some certain people but won't be surprise the vacant positions will still be occupied by his kins men and the whole thing will go back to square one

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by dingbang(m): 6:16am On Jan 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
lmao, do you even think Igbos are plenty in the customs? wink

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by SmartMugu: 6:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Good one. Let the old ones make room for fresh minds. Even the world corporate giants are doing that now, getting rid of their old employees (with compensation of course) and replacing them with more vibrant minds.
The old employees can only brag about their number of years of experience, and detest hearing about the current trends that young minds are familiar with already.
Going with today's trend is worth more than harbouring archaic individuals in important positions like this.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by okosodo: 6:36am On Jan 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
There are no ibos in customs

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by ironheart(m): 6:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Now the ports can be sanitised
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by ironheart(m): 6:39am On Jan 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Well said. Between I see this as a fray to debunk his claim that he is only after some certain people but won't be surprise the vacant positions will still be occupied by his kins men and the whole thing is back to square one
appreciation kills nobody
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Icaretoo: 6:42am On Jan 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:

Abeg joor
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 24, 2017
Pavore9:
Openings for fresh blood.
you are right but those men have families to feed.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by louqas: 6:44am On Jan 24, 2017
modath:

Have some shame . Admit you all what the person you quoted said. ....... stop deluding yourself , in every aspect of Nigerian society there are more northerners than southerners. This is a half hearted attempt to defend the foolishness of all those that have called PMB a tribal bigot in the past. Stand up and fight for the sacked northerners like you did for southerners

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by jiinxed: 6:44am On Jan 24, 2017
Hmm. Observing closely.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Pillars1(m): 6:46am On Jan 24, 2017
for me if the Sacking will bring Change in the system it is a welcome development

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Corrinthians(m): 6:46am On Jan 24, 2017
I see only igbo names on the list! angry

Tommorow someone would tell me "one Nigeria!"

The zoo must fall! angry

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Corrinthians(m): 6:48am On Jan 24, 2017
psucc:
When will Babachir and Magu go?
Eyaaa. I am sure you are sad you couldnt wail about the list with your typical "Buhari is sacking only igbos" nonsense. Brother, simply wail about him sacking äbokis, you wont be penalised. wink

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by louqas: 6:49am On Jan 24, 2017
Almost all are northerners ......... if they were mostly southerners the headlines this morning would have been BUHARI SACK MOSTLY SOUTHERNERS CUSTOMS OFFICERS....... useless wailers oya come and wail on this .

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by donogaga(m): 6:50am On Jan 24, 2017
People from South South no dey work for custom?

Virtually all the names there are northerners and few yorubas.

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by onnenka: 6:50am On Jan 24, 2017
Aboki go Aboki come.
That is customs for you

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by modath(f): 6:53am On Jan 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Well said. Between I see this as a fray to debunk his claim that he is only after some certain people but won't be surprise the vacant positions will still be occupied by his kins men and the whole thing is back to square one

Na so we see am.. smiley
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by emi14: 6:57am On Jan 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:

Who said? Stop pushing every news to tribalism and ethnic differences that is why I am duly in support of disintegration. By name Northerners are mostly affected because they are more. South easterners are like 4 or 5. Why are they sacked, retired and disappointed supposed be ur question. They have dependents and bonafide citizens of this zone I shyly call my country

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by project8(m): 6:57am On Jan 24, 2017
i See one name i know
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by bluediesel03: 6:57am On Jan 24, 2017
If northerner kill a Yoruba man, just watch Yoruba defend the northerner.... If the act was too terrible to defend... Trust Yoruba.. They will deny the deceased that he is not a Yoruba by blood but by name.....

7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) / Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja / Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome