Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) (18744 Views)

Edo: Police Officers Fighting Over Bribe Arrested And Detained / Edo Police Raid Gay Students’ Club In Ekpoma, Arrest 5 / Edo Police Kill Man Over 100; Mob Kills Policeman, Set Police Van Ablaze (Graphi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by ebosie11(f): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2017
According to Kola who shared the news,Edo police arrested and detained  2 Edo men based in Kano who came back home for their grandmother's burial.

Kola said they were arrested at Stella Obasanjo Hospital while waiting for the corpse of their grand mother.According to Barrister Benjamin Iluobe, the police arrested them for being in possession of weed, when they could not find wrap of igbo with them, they accused them of membership of secret cult. The police demanded N200,000 from them for their freedom.However,they refused to comply with the police on the ground that they are innocent. Barrister Iluobe Benjamin questioned the rationale behind the bribe even though the Commissioner of Police wasted money to organize a seminar "Change begins with me" .He exchanged text messages with the CP who claimed to know it all in our state.

CP Harilu Gwandu defended the action of his men and angrily  ordered that the young men should be charged to court to teach Iluobe lesson that he knows it all.Presently,they are in prison custody because they refused to part with N200,000.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/edo-police-arrested-two-young-men-who.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by ebosie11(f): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2017

1 Share

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by Theyveedo(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2017
Naija police sef.

Abuse of power
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by pyyxxaro: 11:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Police is your friend undecided

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2017
grin grin
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by Chiedu4Trump: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2017
No be Afonja, No be IPOD.
Neither are they Abok1

WHAT ON EARTH DO WE CALL THEM?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by SirHouloo(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2017
Naija police
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by bamdelarf(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2017
what manner of fuckery is dis bayii...police n dea mumu palava

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by bobcharly(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2017
Na dia way na
Pls if you know anyone selling his/her car. Any model and any color. In good condition with all the documents valid and legal, and the price is between 750k and 1.5mil Please let him/her sell it. *I am not interested.*
*Thanks*

4 Likes

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by permsec: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
Neither are they Abok1

AfbokPod.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by djbobby007: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2017
I hate police
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by holluwai(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2017
Men will these guys ever change?
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by sirOrubebe: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2017
When I say I am getting out of this kontree, I know what I am talking about...

...young guys are NO longer safe! angry

When this mofos spot you well dressed, smelling nice, they will flag you down and ask for your phone -- all in the name of looking for Yahoo boys. When they don't see anything implicating, they start looking for a lie to cook up. Some will even tell you to take them to your house!

Pathetic nonsense. angry

5 Likes

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by satelliteDISH(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2017
Nah who we go believe now. That guy wey make ragamafian hair style no let me put mouth for this matter.

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by ffrreeee(f): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2017
I used to make noise that Nigeria will be great soon, but with everything that is happening in this zoo, I have learnt to keep my mouth shut, I just observe and pray for this country nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by nbright: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2017
Idiot behavior, thinking to stop corruption is only by imprisoning politicians that are in opposition parties

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by Immatex(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2017
All officers of the NPF are corrupt. From IG to Copral.

Even if the guys are in possession of contraband and are cultists what is the business of N200k in th matter Must NPF accept bribe to free every criminal
Must they put innocent persons behind bars for not offering them bribe

Yet bail is free.

No one has jailed IG for his billion naira fund diversion case yet but he and his men throw persons into jail at the slightest provocation.

And say Nigeria will be better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by horlah005: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2017
I wonder to what extends will this black men continue their mission in assaulting those whom they are supposed to protect?

Do we even have IG

"probably in Abj observing the devilish behaviour of his men with blind eye"

#Wehavetofightback
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by lovat(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2017
The way you dressed matters a lot.

Their appearance is casting doubt about their story
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by simplemyk: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2017
Man's inhumanity to man

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by HAH: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2017
We need to hear the story from the two sides and also an independent person to come to conclusion, the question why were the police men at the hospital, was to arrest them or came to do something and saw them then arrested them, or have they truly done a crime but to let them go the police asked for bribe which they refused.

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by fijiano202(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2017
I would have said the story is inconclusive but remembering our police force are so corrupt and dumb that they can even arrest you for looking at a mirror

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by ayodejijoshua(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2017
why so Nigeria police are so stupid, they all sell their right because of little bribe, in fact these people has so disgusting i can't say it aloud that am an superintend in police. foolish people no wonder der die easily

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2017
undecided

Baskard commissioner of police
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by brunofarad(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Police

SMH
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by nnamdismart25(m): 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
no be naija polic?na their way
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
The Nigerian police is your friend a thief

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by ffrreeee(f): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
lovat:
The way you dressed matters a lot.

Their appearance is casting doubt about their story
And what's wrong with their dressing?
That dressing is just fine for people who just lost their granny and in the hospital for the body
Have you heard of corporate prosti----es?

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by brojoshua: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
How many poor and unfortunate Nigerians are suffering in country is very deep in corruption. People came to their home town and that is the fate they suffered from corrupt government officials. What will numerous Nigerians who can't get the help of lawyers to deliver them from the hands of the corrupt government officials do? Suffering in their own country
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by hakimi1974(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
Neither are they Abok1

edo shares some cultural afinity with the yoruba's, and some are sympathetic to the ipod cause, so AFONPOD will do.

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by Smartmey(m): 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
what kind of nonsense is this tori Olohun
Re: Edo Police Arrest & Detain 2 Men For "Refusing To Give Them N200k Bribe" (Pics) by VeniJu: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
ayodejijoshua:
why so Nigeria police are so stupid, they all sell their right because of little bribe, in fact these people has so disgusting i can't say it aloud that am an superintend in police. foolish people no wonder der die easily

Guy, with this your english, you can't claim to be a SUPOL..... And, if you happened to be one, then i see why the NPF is very much downgraded.. From Educational standard, dressing and constitutional negligence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Rapes 8-Year-Old Step-Brother In Ondo, Remanded In Custody / Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) / Reveller Stabs Man To Death In Bauchi For Refusing To Buy Him Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.