Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Things You Never Knew About Carrot - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Things You Never Knew About Carrot (613 Views)

Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State / Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism / How To Make Cold Pressed And Heat Pressed Carrot Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Never Knew About Carrot by baouse: 11:07am On Jan 24, 2017
Things You Never Knew About Carrot

Carrot is a very popular vegetable. It can very useful for cleansing food. There are varieties of carrot which can be divided into two classes, namely: Asiatic and European class, Asiatic is larger in size darker in color and have a sweet taste. However European are wanted most because it is smooth, thin core and with a better shape than the latter. Carrot can be cooked so also it can be taken in diverse way. Carrots can be boiled, mashed, grated, fried, stewed, steamed, baked, juiced or eaten raw
Chewing carrot after a meal helps to kill all the germs that are harmful in the mouth. Carrot cleans the teeth and wiped off food particles hiding in the crevices.

Carrot soup has been discovered as a measure to combat diarrhea, very effective in treating this disease. It gives fluid to tackle dehydration, replenish sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur and magnesium. Carrot soup also checks the growth of harmful bacteria and prevents vomiting.
Thread worm can also be eliminated through the use of carrot. A small cupful of grated carrot should be taken in the morning without taking other meal it helps a lot in treating thread worm in children.
Carrot also plays an important role in preventing cancer. Antioxidant in carrots includes beta-carotene helps a lot in the prevention .It has also been discovered that smokers who eat carrots often in a week have a lower risk of lung cancer, while a beta-carotene-rich diet may also protect against prostate cancer.
http://ebenhood..com.ng/2017/01/things-you-never-knew-about-carrot.html
Re: Things You Never Knew About Carrot by Ndukings92(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2017
I don't know about all this ones but all i know is that my favourite comedian Gordons was circumcised when he is already an adult, believe me after the process which involved razor, scissors and massetting a whole Cucumber was reduced to Carrot. Tankio
Re: Things You Never Knew About Carrot by Abiagirl777(f): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
carrots cleanses the colon helping it get rid of blocked faeces,it is very rich in natural fibre.
once I had a constipation ish while preggy doc refused to give me a laxative,told me to go eat plenty carrots and water.brethren yours truly purged throughout that night.
Nature has provided everything we need for the smooth running of the body in fruits and herbs,isn't God great?

(1) (Reply)

Woman Cries Out Over Black Soot In Portharcourt (Video) / The Untold Facts About High Blood Pressure / You Are Going To Die Tomorrow. Are You Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.